McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

25 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

We had a lot of efforts at goal in a lot of games under Pearson, just couldnt score. Infact at one point i think we had the lowest conversion rate in the division

Fast forward to most of the recent games under McClaren where we seem to always score but dont have many efforts on goal, some games such as Fulham have seen our only shots on target converted into goals.

Ive said to before and ill say it again, confidence growing, team morale and happy fans come from winning games. If Pearson had roughly half the good fortune mcClaren has had, he would probably still be in a job.

What you mean is that if Pearson had been a half-decent manager he would still be in a job. Best thing for us in the long run was him showng his true colours so early on in his reign.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

What you mean is that if Pearson had been a half-decent manager he would still be in a job. Best thing for us in the long run was him showng his true colours so early on in his reign.

Some might say he showed those colours before he was even given the job...

O.k I'm reading a lot of rosy eyed posts here and a reality check is involved.

Lets not forget Derby COLLAPSED from a brill position under who you call Super Mac !

Lets not forget he WALKED out on us and started the rot ( knowing how good he had got it ) and preferred to manage under a side in trouble and a hard to get on with chairman at Newcastle.Rather than manage us up to the top flight.

He has come back and got us rocking and rolling and whatever he has done he obviously has brought some life back to training and made players happy ( which is by far his best skill a COACH ) . He tends to fail as a manager after a while, once he has been there a bit.

I find it a little disrespectful that the players IMPROVE so MUCH under him and that they were so poor under other managers no matter what those managers were like there still a decent standard. To me they were not trying or putting a shift in and who pays for that in the end . The fan at £30 a ticket but do they care nope !!.

But I hope this lasts ......but for me I will NOT forgive Super Mac till he gets us promoted and STAYS with us for a decent amount of time and if finally registers to him that he has it good here and where a good fit.

To the fans that are getting carried away remember the chaotic collapse !! There is alongggggggggg way to go yet. But its nice were playing better football and the players seems happy at least the fans are paying £30 to see football now even if they weren't bothered about that before.

Sorry for being a bit realistic but that's how I see it.

38 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Lets not forget he WALKED out on us and started the rot ( knowing how good he had got it ) and preferred to manage under a side in trouble and a hard to get on with chairman at Newcastle.Rather than manage us up to the top flight.

Don't tell us not to forget things when you've forgotten that he was sacked.

17 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Lets not forget Derby COLLAPSED from a brill position under who you call Super Mac !

He has come back and got us rocking and rolling and whatever he has done he obviously has brought some life back to training and made players happy ( which is by far his best skill a COACH ) . He tends to fail as a manager after a while, once he has been there a bit.

I find it a little disrespectful that the players IMPROVE so MUCH under him and that they were so poor under other managers no matter what those managers were like there still a decent standard. To me they were not trying or putting a shift in and who pays for that in the end . The fan at £30 a ticket but do they care nope !!.

But I hope this lasts ......but for me I will NOT forgive Super Mac till he gets us promoted and STAYS with us for a decent amount of time and if finally registers to him that he has it good here and where a good fit.

To the fans that are getting carried away remember the chaotic collapse !! There is alongggggggggg way to go yet. But its nice were playing better football and the players seems happy at least the fans are paying £30 to see football now even if they weren't bothered about that before.

Holding onto that negativity will be the downfall of the club, not mac. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Realistic certainly isn't the word I'd use.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Couldn't agree more.

Nice to see the distinction between coach and manager, because he is certainly not the latter!

39 minutes ago, unclej said:

Let's see what he can do when the wheels come off again.  Don't forget how he dealt with the team last time. 

Agree. He was great before when things were going well but it all fell apart when results and performance started to dip

3 hours ago, unclej said:

Let's see what he can do when the wheels come off again.  Don't forget how he dealt with the team last time. 

It's worth pointing out here that Steve McClaren has just achieved something that no other Derby manager had previously achieved in 128 years of league football - coached the team to 7 successive home clean sheets.

It's also worth pointing out that you were one of, if not the most, anti-McClaren poster when it was apparent that he was coming back, and for the last 3 months since his re-appointment every single one of your posts has been negative in the extreme.

It must be terribly sad to be so miserable, bitter and twisted.

2 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Agree. He was great before when things were going well but it all fell apart when results and performance started to dip

We had our main players ripped from the side with no way of replacing them. This time he has more players to slot in if injuries start piling up.

The squad as a whole is better than it was back then.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's worth pointing out here that Steve McClaren has just achieved something that no other Derby manager had previously achieved in 128 years of league football - coached the team to 7 successive home clean sheets.

It's also worth pointing out that you were one of, if not the most, anti-McClaren poster when it was apparent that he was coming back, and for the last 3 months since his re-appointment every single one of your posts has been negative in the extreme.

It must be terribly sad to be so miserable, bitter and twisted.

It amazes me that even when we are doing well, some folk just want to moan. Bringing up stuff that is history. That time has gone.

They moan when we're ****....They moan when we're good.

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

It amazes me that even when we are doing well, some folk just want to moan. Bringing up stuff that is history. That time has gone.

They moan when we're ****....They moan when we're good.

They find something to moan no matter what the result are every week, I find it hilarious anyway. 

Archived