McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

3 hours ago, fridge said:

Boro fan here, its good to see you doing well and hope you get promotion this year, Mac really is doing well this time around and does fit in well at Derby...I think he has a point to prove now after the Newcastle job...Newcastle and Brighton are going to take some catching but they must now consider you as a real threat, if you get a good christmas in and chip away at the points it will ramp up that pressure....good luck.

Thankyou. ??

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to admit that a change of boss/manager can be like a new lease of life. I've seen/ encountered this numerous times at work (at the chicken w****** farm). 

I would get hen pecked by some and be treading on egg shells, whilst others offer a comforting wing on the shoulders. With those doing the pecking things can simmer on the boil but all to often even if you soldier/ crack on you will eventually eggsplode. Basically the team eventually imploding during the Blackburn game in October.

Stevie Mac is back and he's omm-let them eggspress themselves...

Was bored...???

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They are all doing their jobs currently which didn't seem to be the case once Pearson walked through the door it seems.

The problem there, was that most of them weren't capable of doing the jobs that Pearson was asking them to do.

McClaren is doing a great job, but all he's really doing is putting a sensible XI out, with everybody doing what they're good at. It's hardly rocket science, and it's all the more amazing that clement and Pearson seemed so incapable of doing it.

59 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Have to admit that a change of boss/manager can be like a new lease of life. I've seen/ encountered this numerous times at work (at the chicken w****** farm). 

I would get hen pecked by some and be treading on egg shells, whilst others offer a comforting wing on the shoulders. With those doing the pecking things can simmer on the boil but all to often even if you soldier/ crack on you will eventually eggsplode. Basically the team eventually imploding during the Blackburn game in October.

Stevie Mac is back and he's omm-let them eggspress themselves...

Was bored...???

Some cracking jokes there that got me egg- cited. I'll egg-sit now 

The most amazing thing is the results followed by a really mean streak in defending our goal.

As I said once before , for us at least he is a bit of a lucky manager.

I personally dont think we have been that great going forward. But obviously any improvment in this area had to be better than our lack of a threat under Pearson.

5 hours ago, Ramchester said:

Motivation. Get someone in who knows how to deal with the players you have. Easy to say Pearson was crap, but how many people have you worked for and would rather stick pins in your eyes. 

McClaren has got good players playing to their strengths and motivated them, don't underestimate a good 'coach'.

Pearson was crap.

You're right!

And it's true!

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

The most amazing thing is the results followed by a really mean streak in defending our goal.

As I said once before , for us at least he is a bit of a lucky manager.

I personally dont think we have been that great going forward. But obviously any improvment in this area had to be better than our lack of a threat under Pearson.

I'm looking forward to us being good attacking.

8 hours ago, curtains said:

He has turned us around but the players also deserve great credit  .

Welcome back curtains, it's great to have you back.

We all know how much you loved Pearson (too much - actually a creepy amount), but I'm glad we can all get together to rally behind the team on this freshly exciting campaign. Hoping for a huge three points on Saturday - and that Fulham will be as disjointed without Martin as we used to be. 

Onwards and upwards. 

4 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Welcome back curtains, it's great to have you back.

We all know how much you loved Pearson (too much - actually a creepy amount), but I'm glad we can all get together to rally behind the team on this freshly exciting campaign. Hoping for a huge three points on Saturday - and that Fulham will be as disjointed without Martin as we used to be. 

Onwards and upwards. 

I was even bouncing at the Forest game in the West Upper. 

Stevie Macs Black and White army were not mad  were """"""" Barmy  

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Altogether.....wait for it......hold....hold......holdddddd.........

"he's pulled himself together" 

he was drawn back....

What a buncha silly. Who cares that he didn't like the macs return. It was an underwhelming appointment at the time tbf. It's only after seeing the passion of the players and his intelligent day by day approach that has won us over. That coupled with the zany way in which Pearson managed to alienate people, and tell us it wasn't about attractive football but about results and then proceed to get zero results on the back of football that was duller than Clement.  Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. 

20 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Will Mac get some quality loans in like he did in his last spell? What about Daley Blinds?

And his brother Roman.

Archived