McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

It amazes me that even when we are doing well, some folk just want to moan. Bringing up stuff that is history. That time has gone.

They moan when we're ****....They moan when we're good.

It's a desire to be seen to be right at all costs - a trait that is shared by many insecure members of society.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

It amazes me that even when we are doing well, some folk just want to moan. Bringing up stuff that is history. That time has gone.

They moan when we're ****....They moan when we're good.

Spot on Mr Tufty.  

Played 12  Won 9. Drawn 2. Lost 1...........and a happy new year to one and all! :thumbsup:

dunlavy-mcclaren.png

A managers success is measured on the achievements of the team.   Wembley was a tactical car-crash only to finish 8th the following year losing to Forest at home and going down 0-3 at the end of the season to Reading.  I've always thought the moral at the club has been good for long spells under Steve McClaren, which has allowed us to see Lingard and Ibe for periods of loan. However, when other coaches work us out or we receive a dip in form, I am nervous how our current manager will lead us through these spells.   This is why I have always been unsure about just what we can actually achieve under his leadership. 

On 28 December 2016 at 09:59, NottsRammy said:

O.k I'm reading a lot of rosy eyed posts here and a reality check is involved.

Lets not forget Derby COLLAPSED from a brill position under who you call Super Mac !

Lets not forget he WALKED out on us and started the rot ( knowing how good he had got it ) and preferred to manage under a side in trouble and a hard to get on with chairman at Newcastle.Rather than manage us up to the top flight.

He has come back and got us rocking and rolling and whatever he has done he obviously has brought some life back to training and made players happy ( which is by far his best skill a COACH ) . He tends to fail as a manager after a while, once he has been there a bit.

I find it a little disrespectful that the players IMPROVE so MUCH under him and that they were so poor under other managers no matter what those managers were like there still a decent standard. To me they were not trying or putting a shift in and who pays for that in the end . The fan at £30 a ticket but do they care nope !!.

But I hope this lasts ......but for me I will NOT forgive Super Mac till he gets us promoted and STAYS with us for a decent amount of time and if finally registers to him that he has it good here and where a good fit.

To the fans that are getting carried away remember the chaotic collapse !! There is alongggggggggg way to go yet. But its nice were playing better football and the players seems happy at least the fans are paying £30 to see football now even if they weren't bothered about that before.

Sorry for being a bit realistic but that's how I see it.

What does "fans paying £30" have to do with any of this?

Got to say I was delighted when the Mc returned although a little unsure whether he would recreate the football / team spirit of his first term as manager (I also think he contributed a big part in the magical Jim Smith era).  I got the buzz back when he joined in 2014 and after a couple of months I have the same feeling now -I don't even think we are any where near the same level that we achieved in his first spell in charge.  If we get there with the defensive side of our game in tact then we will be challenging come the end of the season 

On 28/12/2016 at 09:59, NottsRammy said:

O.k I'm reading a lot of rosy eyed posts here and a reality check is involved.

Lets not forget Derby COLLAPSED from a brill position under who you call Super Mac !

Lets not forget he WALKED out on us and started the rot ( knowing how good he had got it ) and preferred to manage under a side in trouble and a hard to get on with chairman at Newcastle.Rather than manage us up to the top flight.

He has come back and got us rocking and rolling and whatever he has done he obviously has brought some life back to training and made players happy ( which is by far his best skill a COACH ) . He tends to fail as a manager after a while, once he has been there a bit.

I find it a little disrespectful that the players IMPROVE so MUCH under him and that they were so poor under other managers no matter what those managers were like there still a decent standard. To me they were not trying or putting a shift in and who pays for that in the end . The fan at £30 a ticket but do they care nope !!.

But I hope this lasts ......but for me I will NOT forgive Super Mac till he gets us promoted and STAYS with us for a decent amount of time and if finally registers to him that he has it good here and where a good fit.

To the fans that are getting carried away remember the chaotic collapse !! There is alongggggggggg way to go yet. But its nice were playing better football and the players seems happy at least the fans are paying £30 to see football now even if they weren't bothered about that before.

Sorry for being a bit realistic but that's how I see it.

There was me thinking that he left cos he was sacked by Mel  - you clearly don't let facts spoil your rant.

There are no guarantees as to how long the good run will continue but it's already a very good run of form. No one forces you to attend. Perhaps you prefer losing runs    - you certainly seem to be looking forward to one.

• 1 month later...
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 11:42, curtains said:

He has turned us around but the players also deserve great credit  .

Awkward Curtains. :lol:

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

We were 7 points off the play offs when he was appointed and now 10 points. Mmmmm not sure it's been that amazing after all. 

Survival was the goal when he came in. The expectation, nay, demand of a play off place was only a result of his immediate success when he arrived. It was a pipe dream when he came in. 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

We were 7 points off the play offs when he was appointed and now 10 points. Mmmmm not sure it's been that amazing after all. 

When he was appointed we were 1 point above bottom 3, we are now 18 points clear.

As more matches are played the gaps get bigger, to the top and bottom!

Archived