McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's fair comment, you do realise when Pearson left we were 4th bottom?

Yes, but by the same measure we were 8 pts off the play offs back then - where we are now 10 pts off them....   swings and roundabouts.

As I have already said I am glad Mac is here, but the problems within the squad were not all down to the previous manager, same as not all down to Mac either.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Yes, but by the same measure we were 8 pts off the play offs back then - where we are now 10 pts off them....   swings and roundabouts

Where would you rather us be? It seems you'll argue black is white to be proved correct without being bothered about the reality of the situation.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Where would you rather us be? It seems you'll argue black is white to be proved correct without being bothered about the reality of the situation.

We are where we are because we are a mid table side- those thinking we are good enough for promotion are delusional.

The table does not lie.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, but by the same measure we were 8 pts off the play offs back then - where we are now 10 pts off them....   swings and roundabouts.

As I have already said I am glad Mac is here, but the problems within the squad were not all down to the previous manager, same as not all down to Mac either.

That is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen.

After Pearson's first game in charge we were 2 points off top! We should have kept him! Imagine where we'd be now! :lol:

Just now, mrdave85 said:

That is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen.

After Pearson's first game in charge we were 2 points off top! We should have kept him! Imagine where we'd be now! :lol:

That's the problem with stats and measuring a time period it works both ways.

We are currently mid table and fans should be happy with that................

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

So we've performed at the same level as the top 6 then?

How many points were we off bottom place when Pearson left?

Not saying it's all of his fault but a large chunk of the blame falls with the mess he left us with.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not saying it's all of his fault but a large chunk of the blame falls with the mess he left us with.

He signed 2 players and let 2 go. 

Anya and Vydra in I assume his doing with the recruitment team  

Martin and Hendrick out both not his doing as the club ultimately decide. 

Just now, toddy said:

That's the problem with stats and measuring a time period it works both ways.

We are currently mid table and fans should be happy with that................

As an indicator! but to argue that we've gone backwards under McClaren after Pearson based on that is the weakest of weak sauce. 

The table doesn't lie, but it's also not the complete picture until the last game of the season has been played. McClaren has moved us from 4th bottom to mid table. 

This season will probably end with us mid-table, and I'm happy with that after switching our manager, because it could have gone much worse. This summer is an important one for the club. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am not defending Pearson, but also I do not buy into it was him and only him the reason we were Shiite for 10 games.

I have highlighted that results and performances under Mac's last 10 games mirror Pearson's, common denominator is the players.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

He signed 2 players and let 2 go. 

Anya and Vydra in I assume his doing .

Martin and Hendrick out both not his doing as the club ultimately decide. 

Jesus Curtains, you've changed your mind in one post!

How can the signing of players be only the manager but the selling is not his choice? 

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

As an indicator! but to argue that we've gone backwards under McClaren after Pearson based on that is the weakest of weak sauce. 

The table doesn't lie, but it's also not the complete picture until the last game of the season has been played. McClaren has moved us from 4th bottom to mid table. 

This season will probably end with us mid-table, and I'm happy with that after switching our manager, because it could have gone much worse. This summer is an important one for the club. 

Read this article and see what you think. 

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/news/45159/

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

We are where we are because we are a mid table side- those thinking we are good enough for promotion are delusional.

The table does not lie.

The only time the table doesn't lie is at the seasons' end, when everyone has completed their fixtures, not now when there's still 14 games (and 42 points) remaining. We might still be in the same position after 46 matches but you, like everybody else, should wait and see.

Just now, toddy said:

I am not defending Pearson, but also I do not buy into it was him and only him the reason we were Shiite for 10 games.

I have highlighted that results and performances under Mac's last 10 games mirror Pearson's, common denominator is the players.

You keep going back to the last 10 games, does the 10 game unbeaten run under McClaren count for nothing? Denominator there is also the players. 

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

Jesus Curtains, you've changed your mind in one post!

How can the signing of players be only the manager but the selling is not his choice? 

Because 10.5 million for Hendrick couldn't be turned down even though we paid 8 million for Vydra. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Results may have been the same, performances very different.

Archived