McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

11 hours ago, robglosta said:

What is important now is to ENJOY it, and remember where we were before he came in.  Even if this season ends in just a top ten finish, we are back on the right path and I am sure Mel will not be making any rash decisions in the near future. 

The key to success is consistency - look at Brighton who have continued to build and look nailed on for a top spot.  This should be a long-term plan that involves all footballing decision making to be done by McClaren, and I am sure it will be.   

The worst we could do is start booing again or bemoaning the odd lacklustre performance, so long as there are continued signs of progress.  It is enjoyable again, so enjoy it, don't expect.

It is also worth noting that this amazing run has involved luck and isn't 'the norm' - we shouldn't expect to roll teams over just because we have won seven on the spin.  

Relax and enjoy it, the rest of the season as far as I am concerned is a free ride.   

I'd have taken 21st and a sign of good football when he came back. This is beyond my wildest dreams. 

The squad last time needed taking forward. It produced Top 6 form at home in 12/13 but Clough's negativity held us back away from home and in losing situations. McClaren achieved what I thought the squad should have been achieving last time.

This time the squad was a mess. Half of the players didn't fit. But what he's done is he's perfected Clement football. Solid defensively, it CAN control games, it isn't boring and is likeable.

It's brilliant. I'd kiss him!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, curtains said:

I think the feel good factor at DCFC is back. 

Never stopped watching the Rams at home but haven't been to an away game yet this season but I'm sure I will soon  .

Newcastle ! 

Some of the  signings Paul Clement made are now coming good noticeably Pearce , Butterfield and Johnson etc  who were written off by many  .

Vydra and Anya signed by Pearson may yet come good  .

As for Martin ,Grant and Buxton do we really want them back !   

I'd like it if bucko cane home one day in some capacity 

20 minutes ago, archied said:

So you went on a posting blackout curtains?back now the Rams are hitting the net again

Hope they hit the onion bag again today with another clean sheet  lol  

Player of the season though is Alex Pearce an incredible turnaround from Clements first signing was it. 

Northampton+Town+v+Derby+County+Pre+Seas

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hope they hit the onion bag again today with another clean sheet  lol  

Player of the season though is Alex Pearce an incredible turnaround from Clements first signing was it. 

Northampton+Town+v+Derby+County+Pre+Seas

Only sort of a Clement signing, Pearce said the deal was in the pipeline while McClaren was still manager before he was sacked. They said that it was the first time he'd actually played for the manager who signed him when he played his first game under McClaren. There's also the fact that Clement didn't technically get the job until about a month after Pearce signed. There's probably some truth to it, hence why we bought Pearce and then Clement came and bought Shackell. All fits together now really.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Only sort of a Clement signing, Pearce said the deal was in the pipeline while McClaren was still manager before he was sacked. They said that it was the first time he'd actually played for the manager who signed him when he played his first game under McClaren. There's also the fact that Clement didn't technically get the job until about a month after Pearce signed. There's probably some truth to it, hence why we bought Pearce and then Clement came and bought Shackell. All fits together now really.

Where did you get that from .

Have you got the interview .

Clement made a lot of signings though that have now come good. 

Camara might even work out along with Baird. 

Carson certainly has and he was another Clement signing. 

PS More credit to McClaren though. 

Mac has us playing much more counter attacking than before.

In his and Bents interview they spoke about it. Mac saying it's less so about possession and more about getting it forward quicker. Obviously not Pearson quick. The ball still has to pass through the pitch. 

We don't break defensive shape to close down the ball as often as we used to. We seem far more comfortable now out of possession.

Certainly suits Ince and Butterfield more. Butters because he's no Bryson for pressing and Ince because he's not too great when he's at a stand off. He loves them defenders back tracking. Where Russell always seems better when they've stood him up so you get some balance. 

But Pearce... I found myself watching other games over the last couple of weeks and when the ball is hoofed forward and a striker wins it or the defender doesn't get much on it I find myself surprised. "Pearce would have won that and got distance on it"

The whole team is keeping those clean sheets though. It's quite difficult to get at Pearce and Keogh without Hughes and Johnson kicking, pushing, ankle biting at you. 

I like Shackell too. But I'm glad to have a break from those really sloooooooow passes to Keogh that he has to stand and wait for. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I was about to say, it's alright signing them but if he didn't play them then they weren't good signings for Clement.

It's Mac who's turned them into good signings. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I was about to say, it's alright signing them but if he didn't play them then they weren't good signings for Clement.

It's Mac who's turned them into good signings. 

I think McClaren might have even surprised himself how quick he has turned us around.

Fantastic and long may it continue and make no mistake Fulham is a tricky game today. 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think McClaren might have even surprised himself how quick he has turned us around.

Fantastic and long may it continue and make no mistake Fulham is a tricky game today. 

Yep , I've forgiven them and moved on but it shows players were not playing for Pearson rather than just formation and tactics , the level of change is way beyond that ,,, I wanted Pearson but on reflection watching his interviews it was never going to last long term anyway ,, volcano bubbling on the verge of disastrous unavoidable eruption 

33 minutes ago, curtains said:

It was in the interview not long after Mac came in, so possibly Leeds, Sheff Wed or Huddersfield (at a guess)

36 minutes ago, curtains said:

http://www.player.dcfc.co.uk/latest-news/bf4d7d4d-5d72-4bea-a28d-d56a7120a02e

If you have a Ramsplayer subscription, you can see it here. It's cut out of the free YouTube version of the interview.

But yeah, Johnson is coming good, that was a Clement signing. Same for Butterfield, Carson and Baird. Not disputing that some of those signings are coming good. 

The interesting thing with Pearce is that we snapped him up when his Reading contract expired. I think we must have agreed a pre-contract agreement a few months prior, while McClaren was still here, but obviously the situation changed. Like I said, it makes sense. Explains why Clement felt he needed Shackell and then went on to never even play Pearce at all. Why would you sign a player and then never even give him a single league start? 

Archived