McClaren has been amazing since he came back.

Curtains

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Angry Ram said:

One like this comes along every day 

I don't mean that. I meant curtains. He got into a lot of disputes with people on this forum over whether sacking Pearson was the right choice and whether the players we had were up to the job. I was one of them tbf. He stopped posting for a while because of it. Said he stopped watching the games and became a bit disillusioned with the direction of the club.

I think the feel good factor at DCFC is back. 

Never stopped watching the Rams at home but haven't been to an away game yet this season but I'm sure I will soon  .

Newcastle ! 

Some of the  signings Paul Clement made are now coming good noticeably Pearce , Butterfield and Johnson etc  who were written off by many  .

Vydra and Anya signed by Pearson may yet come good  .

As for Martin ,Grant and Buxton do we really want them back !   

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Who do you drop for Martin 

On the bench to start with, and earn his place in the team. It's hard not to want a striker that has scored over 50 goals in under 2 seasons for the current manager using similar tactics.

Motivation. Get someone in who knows how to deal with the players you have. Easy to say Pearson was crap, but how many people have you worked for and would rather stick pins in your eyes. 

McClaren has got good players playing to their strengths and motivated them, don't underestimate a good 'coach'.

Boro fan here, its good to see you doing well and hope you get promotion this year, Mac really is doing well this time around and does fit in well at Derby...I think he has a point to prove now after the Newcastle job...Newcastle and Brighton are going to take some catching but they must now consider you as a real threat, if you get a good christmas in and chip away at the points it will ramp up that pressure....good luck.

What is important now is to ENJOY it, and remember where we were before he came in.  Even if this season ends in just a top ten finish, we are back on the right path and I am sure Mel will not be making any rash decisions in the near future. 

The key to success is consistency - look at Brighton who have continued to build and look nailed on for a top spot.  This should be a long-term plan that involves all footballing decision making to be done by McClaren, and I am sure it will be.   

The worst we could do is start booing again or bemoaning the odd lacklustre performance, so long as there are continued signs of progress.  It is enjoyable again, so enjoy it, don't expect.

It is also worth noting that this amazing run has involved luck and isn't 'the norm' - we shouldn't expect to roll teams over just because we have won seven on the spin.  

Relax and enjoy it, the rest of the season as far as I am concerned is a free ride.   

59 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Altogether.....wait for it......hold....hold......holdddddd.........

"he's pulled himself together" 

Back of the net.

32 minutes ago, fridge said:

Boro fan here, its good to see you doing well and hope you get promotion this year, Mac really is doing well this time around and does fit in well at Derby...I think he has a point to prove now after the Newcastle job...Newcastle and Brighton are going to take some catching but they must now consider you as a real threat, if you get a good christmas in and chip away at the points it will ramp up that pressure....good luck.

You are a gent, Sir.

Archived