Gary Rowett sacked

Tamworthram

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I do wonder what thought process is applied to this by the nutcases in charge.

"Ah yes, I see we are in a period of stability and results are looking good. Best bin the manager who has made it happen and get in an inconsistent Italian fella."

Abso-bloody-lutely. It's such a farce.

I thing often these appointments are based purely on whether it's someone they've heard of. Zola was an international player. Ergo he will be a success.

It's the same logic I applied to Football Manager when I played it for the first time as a yoof: "I've heard of this player, so I will buy him based purely on his fame rather than footballing ability" (It also explains why most my signings were utter ****). 

I don't understand this one at all. Considering the dire squad he took over and the fact they got wholloped 8-0 at home to Bournemouth, Rowett has done an incredible job at Birmingham.

And to then sack him and replace him with Zola.... ? Why?

This is up there with Blackburn Rovers' decision to sack Sam Allardyce. Clueless owners.

I like Rowett, always did, especially cos he was humble enough to drop down to the conference when NC was first in charge of Burton. A brilliant player and a very good bloke.

But....

He'd clearly had HIS head turned this season, interviewed for the Derby job, I heard he was interviewed by Wolves and QPR as well and knowing that, maybe the owners have questioned his long term loyalty.

I think it's the wrong decision and I think they'll regret it but if he's been touting himself around then they're entitled to look elsewhere as well.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I like Rowett, always did, especially cos he was humble enough to drop down to the conference when NC was first in charge of Burton. A brilliant player and a very good bloke.

But....

He'd clearly had HIS head turned this season, interviewed for the Derby job, I heard he was interviewed by Wolves and QPR as well and knowing that, maybe the owners have questioned his long term loyalty.

I think it's the wrong decision and I think they'll regret it but if he's been touting himself around then they're entitled to look elsewhere as well.

Is that fact or just hearsay?

All managers get sacked.

If you could choose the manner of your sacking, I'd suggest getting a poor Brum team in and around the play offs, after a promotion at a lower level is as good as it gets.

Enjoy Christmas Gary, and the play offs, have a nice holiday because you won't be out of work for long!

Gary Rowett has achieved what he has achieved by stressing commitment, getting stuck in, long ball etc etc.

he's done really well at brum but......

he doesn't come across as a particularly shrewd coach who can impress top players.

arsene wenger - he aint.

Looks like brum are about to spend big.

rowett to forest?

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

But....

Agree with that Ronnie, if they think he clearly didn't see his long term future at Birmingham (which I gather he definitely didn't), I think in principal it's fair enough of them to boot him and get someone else in. 

On a practical level though, I think it's an awful decision, should have soaked up all the Rowett goodness while they could and then pocketed the compensation when he pissed off somewhere else.

Birmingham City are a strange club. 

They should have a huge fan base based on the population of Birmingham but their working class support was eroded with slum clearances during the 60's and Villa picking up all the suburban and rural fans to the north of the city.

Many of the traditional areas of Birmingham's support are now populated by immigrants.

All this coupled with their absolute historical uselessness and lack of trophies has left them a bit bereft.

If the owners believe there is a massive club in the waiting then they'll be sadly disappointed.

A bit like forest really.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Birmingham City are a strange club. 

They should have a huge fan base based on the population of Birmingham but their working class support was eroded with slum clearances during the 60's and Villa picking up all the suburban and rural fans to the north of the city.

Many of the traditional areas of Birmingham's support are now populated by immigrants.

All this coupled with their absolute historical uselessness and lack of trophies has left them a bit bereft.

If the owners believe there is a massive club in the waiting then they'll be sadly disappointed.

A bit like forest really.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/birc.htm

They are an odd club with their attendances. I have never seen such a rollercoaster of averages. Regularly going from around 30000 to around 15000 in a few seasons. Even from 30k to 7k in 10 years then 7k back to 30k again within 10 years again.  

1 hour ago, sage said:

They are an odd club with their attendances. I have never seen such a rollercoaster of averages. Regularly going from around 30000 to around 15000 in a few seasons. Even from 30k to 7k in 10 years then 7k back to 30k again within 10 years again.  

They are clearly what you would call fair weather fans.

6 hours ago, sage said:

I wonder how this looks compared to the Villa and even WBA following at the same time. :whistle:

Archived