Gary Rowett sacked

Tamworthram

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Gritters said:

There could be other reasons behind this. People on the outside thought we were made to get rid of clement. Us that watched us change from a free flowing goal scoring team into a boring 1 - 0 win team knew that isn't what we're about.

This. We didn't have a clue what happened behind the curtains between Mel and PC. About their new owner's and Rowett's relationship even less so.

Must admit I wanted him here after Clement went last year.

The team he put out at Derby that beat us 3 0 last season played a mixture of good football but with a bit of nastiness. 

The season before he was going mental on the touchline at half time, at Russell I think. 

I thought he might toughen us up. 

As people are saying, he will find a job elsewhere. 

I'd get him in here now, even though it would be awkward, before someone else snaps him up.

Not nice to see someone sacked to make way for him, but we need to be ruthless if we want to improve.

Thanks for all you've done Ramage, but it's time to step aside!

There was a bluenose on the talksport phonein tonight who declared himself "over the moon"" with this decision. 

He stated 2 reasons. ......

1. The dour nature of the football. 1-0 rowett being quoted.

2. His marque signings have not worked out. There are a couple of 1.5m buys that are so poor they are not in the team. 

All in all sounds a bit clough -esque to me  (nigel not st Brian ).

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd get him in here now, even though it would be awkward, before someone else snaps him up.

Not nice to see someone sacked to make way for him, but we need to be ruthless if we want to improve.

Thanks for all you've done Ramage, but it's time to step aside!

Eh?

In Birmingham City's club statement about sacking Rowett they stated that they will have a strategic plan with a long-term view.

They've just hired Zola who has had 5 previous jobs since 2008 with his longest time at one club being a year and 8 months...

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In Birmingham City's club statement about sacking Rowett they stated that they will have a strategic plan with a long-term view.

They've just hired Zola who has had 5 previous jobs since 2008 with his longest time at one club being a year and 8 months...

The long term view involves relegation to league 1.

12 hours ago, Kernow said:

Stay in Championship's mid-table and sack few managers on the way is also strategic plan...

12 hours ago, Kernow said:

Personally I would have the plan in place first...feel sorry for the fans.

Shows the arrogance of these people when they make statements like 'the fans need to trust us'.

Do they understand what has happened to Birmingham in the last few years?

Rather than just wanting fans to trust them why don't the put some proper facts and reasons why they thought it was appropriate to replace Rowett.

Archived