Question about Chris Martin

hintonsboots

Radio Derby's coverage is absolute fine. 

I drive through about 8 radio stations on my weekly commute and the guys do a top job in comparison. Some teams don't even have a sole radio station attached to them so think ourselves lucky. You've obviously got personal feelings towards the commentators but away from that, the coverage is spot on. What more do you want that wouldn't make it horrendous and dreadful?

Team sheet, pre match interviews, any talking points covered, game commentary, post match interviews, phone ins, text/tweet read outs and talking points covered. What are they missing? 

A lot of clubs don't get this coverage unless it's through their club player, I think the BBC Radio derby team do a good job. I guess now the team is doing well we can't moan at the players, manager or Mel so **** it, might as well put some other genuine geezers down who are connected with the club if we can.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Owen has said numerous times why this is, 

It's due to the fact that Martin isn't a Derby player at the moment as he is playing for another club. While he remains a Derby players ownership wise, he isn't a Derby player.

So they don't want to be talking about a player that is no longer a Derby player on BBC Radio Derby. 

It causes divided opinion on the subject so BBC Radio Derby avoid all talk about it.

Nothing to do with this thread but how was soccer am? Good day out? 

31 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Didn't end up going mate.

I'll explain what happened in the podcast I am doing with @David & co tonight. 

Make sure you give it a listen to find out what happened lol

You're on the podcast? Don't need your Mum to sign something, being a minor?

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think there's a bit of a difference between going down easier under a challenge as opposed to rolling half way down the A52 when you've not been touched at all...

What pissed me off with Osbourne the most was in the second half when he was fouled he rolled around like a bus had hit him and as soon as the whistle had gone he was up sprinting onto a ball from the quickly taken free kick. The FA should really clamp down on play acting. Retrospectively both were yellow cards.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Not really. I didn't notice many Derby fans sticking up for Osbourne's behaviour yesterday. If it's wrong, it's wrong for everyone.

Martin exaggerates contact.

Osborn feigned an odd the ball incident.

Derby fans don't seem to be so divided on Franny Lee. 

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

Martin exaggerates contact.

Osborn feigned an odd the ball incident.

Both of which are cheating & IMO It's hypocritical to say it's OK for one of ours to do it but not one of theirs.

We're never going to agree on this and I only waded in because you were labelling those who criticise Martin's cheating as being stupid. I'll leave you to it.

4 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

When I listen to Owen Bradley it makes me realise how much I miss the great Graham Richards.

Radio Derby's coverage really is absolutely horrendous. Ramage sounds like he is on valium, tiredly churning out cliché after cliché after cliché, and Bradley, as though he is a school leaver on his first work experience in radio.

Dreadful stuff. Genuinely dreadful.

Bit harsh Daz. 

Are you sure you are not mixing up Bradley with the guy who does the commentary, who I agree is pretty amateurish despite having done it now for a number of years ? Personally think that OB holds it all together quite well.

I find RD frustrating too, but then I ask myself (like with DT online)  if I would rather have it or not, and I tend to just accept it. Its not a national radio service so we can't expect really top class performers where football radio commentary is all that they do.

Just now, BobbyD said:

Bit harsh Daz. 

Are you sure you are not mixing up Bradley with the guy who does the commentary, who I agree is pretty amateurish despite having done it now for a number of years ? Personally think that OB holds it all together quite well.

I find RD frustrating too, but then I ask myself (like with DT online)  if I would rather have it or not, and I tend to just accept it. Its not a national radio service so we can't expect really top class performers where football radio commentary is all that they do.

I may well have the two characters confused, The geezer in match day commentary just gets right on my tits, and Ramage bores me to tears.

I'm probably just a bit spoiled though having grown up listening to Graham Richards. He was a quite superb commentator. Makes the hairs stand on end even listening to him now on the little youtube clips.

Back to Chris Martin. .. Good player and Rams hero for scoring 50 odd goals. Do I want him back ? Depends how much money Fulham are prepared to pay. Frankly if we can get a decent wedge then let's look for some fresh blood. Chrissy has peaked, our midfield has a different character now from the Bryson / Hendrick raiding duo which suited him very well. 

If there's 5-6 million on the table I'd snatch their hands off. 

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What pissed me off with Osbourne the most was in the second half when he was fouled he rolled around like a bus had hit him and as soon as the whistle had gone he was up sprinting onto a ball from the quickly taken free kick. The FA should really clamp down on play acting. Retrospectively both were yellow cards.

Far be it from me to defend the play-acting twonk...but there actually was a bit of contact to the side of his face (BJ's hand knocked him as he fell). He then totally over-reacted and rolled around like he was having a fit. Bearing in mind he knew a booking was coming for the tackle he made, I think he was trying to muddy the waters and deflect attention from his own transgression.

For me, all play-acting is a horrible  blight on the game that is increasingly making it impossible to referee.

'There was definite "contact" ' is the phrase that narks me more than any other...and if you saw Snodgrass at the weekend 'avoiding the contact' is the next level down of excuse...soon Minority Report style referees will give penalties for tackles they see happening in the future. 

5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

@OwenB87 is pretty good in my opinion. You perhaps mean Ed Dawes - he does the commentary, and yes - I'm not a fan

Well you know there's some pretty awful commo around and at least Ed is Marmite! Lol.

Would be lost without Ramsplayer for the enthusiasm and Rams support if nothing else!

9 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

When I listen to Owen Bradley it makes me realise how much I miss the great Graham Richards.

Radio Derby's coverage really is absolutely horrendous. Ramage sounds like he is on valium, tiredly churning out cliché after cliché after cliché, and Bradley, as though he is a school leaver on his first work experience in radio.

Dreadful stuff. Genuinely dreadful.

16 hours ago, StivePesley said:

@OwenB87 is pretty good in my opinion. You perhaps mean Ed Dawes - he does the commentary, and yes - I'm not a fan

I don't mind ed Dawes or Owen Bradley. It's ramage that gets my back up. His constant making out of god like status, he never achieved anything at Derby. From memory he was injured for the majority of his Derby career.

Archived