Question about Chris Martin

hintonsboots

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have noticed when today someone on Radio Derby asked the same question Owen Bradley said 'no' and quickly changed the subject. He's done that before when callers try to talk about Martin, makes me wonder why.

Mmmm. Sounds like he knows more about the situation, so is afraid of letting something slip if he dwells on it .

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have noticed when today someone on Radio Derby asked the same question Owen Bradley said 'no' and quickly changed the subject. He's done that before when callers try to talk about Martin, makes me wonder why.

He's probably just sick of people asking. Ive seen the same question being repeated on this forum, can't imagine what it's like having every lazy Derby fan tweet him for the answer every day. It's a pretty standard clause in any loan. 

13 hours ago, cannable said:

Because stupid people are arsey about going to ground too easily.

Not really. I didn't notice many Derby fans sticking up for Osbourne's behaviour yesterday. If it's wrong, it's wrong for everyone.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Not really. I didn't notice many Derby fans sticking up for Osbourne's behaviour yesterday. If it's wrong, it's wrong for everyone.

I think there's a bit of a difference between going down easier under a challenge as opposed to rolling half way down the A52 when you've not been touched at all...

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think there's a bit of a difference between going down easier under a challenge as opposed to rolling half way down the A52 when you've not been touched at all...

Osbourne was a bit more theatrical but the objective was exactly the same as Martin's falling over.

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Osbourne was a bit more theatrical but the objective was exactly the same as Martin's falling over.

I disagree mate.

I see Martin going down to win free kicks/penalties. Osborn reacted like that to get Bradley Johnson sent off. Martin uses simulation to take advantage of situations, Osborn was purely play acting to try and get someone wrongfully sent off, holding his face despite it never being touched.

Whilst I wouldn't praise it, simulation to an extent is widely used in football game by game and has been used for years. There's a way to go about it though, the reason Lansbury and Osborn have taken such stick about it is because what they did is out of the ordinary, it's so blatant it's cringeworthy hence the media coverage. 

But that's my take anyway. Each to their own.

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Owen has said numerous times why this is, 

It's due to the fact that Martin isn't a Derby player at the moment as he is playing for another club. While he remains a Derby players ownership wise, he isn't a Derby player.

So they don't want to be talking about a player that is no longer a Derby player on BBC Radio Derby. 

It causes divided opinion on the subject so BBC Radio Derby avoid all talk about it.

When I listen to Owen Bradley it makes me realise how much I miss the great Graham Richards.

Radio Derby's coverage really is absolutely horrendous. Ramage sounds like he is on valium, tiredly churning out cliché after cliché after cliché, and Bradley, as though he is a school leaver on his first work experience in radio.

Dreadful stuff. Genuinely dreadful.

Archived