Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, eddie said:

With a bit of luck the ref will be watching Angela's antics very closely on Saturday, seeing as both players sent off against the Gumps have won their appeals against suspension.

Quick work by the geordies. Hope you're right about the ref playing close attention.

While Lansbury kicked Shelvey first and then also pretended he'd been struck in the head, I'm still surprised Shelvey's ban was lifted given he did kick Lanbury. Perhaps the panel thought "who could blame him? This surely demonstrates the Rams should have appealed more past sendings off. We never seem to and in some cases it's been very surprising.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Quick work by the geordies. Hope you're right about the ref playing close attention.

While Lansbury kicked Shelvey first and then also pretended he'd been struck in the head, I'm still surprised Shelvey's ban was lifted given he did kick Lanbury. Perhaps the panel thought "who could blame him? This surely demonstrates the Rams should have appealed more past sendings off. We never seem to and in some cases it's been very surprising.

I daresay the defence went along the lines of "Your Honour, I put it to you that the instigator of both incidents is a cockwomble".

"Agreed. No further questions. Both suspensions quoshed."

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you lose don't they stick on more punishment?

Might be making that up. Not sure.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Whilst evaluating the worth of this post to the smorgasbord of opinion generated by such a wide demographic of posters I have come to the inevitable conclusion that, in fact, its pisspoor.

"We're gonna do some rock 'n' rollin' okey cokey 
You put your right arm in, your right arm out, In out, in out, shake it all about 
Lansbury is a cockwomble, an' you turn around, that's what it's all about, sing it … 
Woh oh, Lansbury is a cockwomble, woh ho, Lansbury is a cockwomble woh ho, he's a cockwomble
Hands clap, for Darren Bent, yeah, yeah, yeah

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Whilst evaluating the worth of this post to the smorgasbord of opinion generated by such a wide demographic of posters I have come to the inevitable conclusion that, in fact, its pisspoor.

I've sat through enough of your "poems" over the years!!

Just had a quick read of the forestforum.co.uk to see what they are thinking about the upcoming fixture. They seem fairly confident over there...

"Smash the sheep shagging ******** , this is not a good time to play the Forest"

"Sheep shaggers never won nothing never like 2 EUROPEAN CUPS like us have"

"Richard keogh. The biggest cheating **** of the lot"

There's an intellectual involved...

"they are hypocrites of the highest order"

"psycho! psycho! psycho!"

One to watch?...

"Hildeberto is going to turn himself from being an exciting talent who can be a bit of a loose cannon to a genuine Forest hero in this game"

"2 European Cups Get In!!!!!"

This guy offers gurauntiears on Steve's bowel condition...

"I would guarentee when McClaren was watching us against Barnsley he was shitting himself by the end of the match"

"I thought Chris Martin was still there until about a week ago"

Are you reading this Will?...

"The albino rarely turns up against us"

"We won 2 European Cups wot they won??!"

Forest forum is the LTLF cresh, basically. 

Its nice that they're feeling confident after cheating their way past Newcastle and putting the mighty Barnsley to the sword. By all accounts any combination of decent ref and competent attack should be able to score last them. 

Some said Kenny Burns was trolling,but perhaps he's being deadly serious. 

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Just had a quick read of the forestforum.co.uk to see what they are thinking about the upcoming fixture. They seem fairly confident over there...

"Smash the sheep shagging ******** , this is not a good time to play the Forest"

"Sheep shaggers never won nothing never like 2 EUROPEAN CUPS like us have"

"Richard keogh. The biggest cheating **** of the lot"

There's an intellectual involved...

"they are hypocrites of the highest order"

"psycho! psycho! psycho!"

One to watch?...

"Hildeberto is going to turn himself from being an exciting talent who can be a bit of a loose cannon to a genuine Forest hero in this game"

"2 European Cups Get In!!!!!"

This guy offers gurauntiears on Steve's bowel condition...

"I would guarentee when McClaren was watching us against Barnsley he was shitting himself by the end of the match"

"I thought Chris Martin was still there until about a week ago"

Are you reading this Will?...

"We won 2 European Cups wot they won??!"

let Forest do all the pre match goading they want , because Sunday at 2 o clock when weve bagged 3 pts they will crawl back under their stones and fall silent until the return fixture

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

Depends on the club. When we were in the Prem last when Fagan got a ban for an elbow we appealed it and he got an extra game ban, after Essien got sent off against us Chelsea appealed and they just got told no.

3 hours ago, jono said:

According to the stats Lansbury is a cock Womble ... But apart from a Lansbury being an example of one, what exactly IS a CW please ? 

I had a look in the dictionary and all that was there was

Henri+Lansbury+tIzJ3jsYTC_m.jpg

Footy matches are like Brexit negotiations and it would be far better if the media didn't ask managers to reveal their hand beforehand, or for the managers to simply refuse. Yet to aid the Gump's preparations, McClaren reveals Anya has recovered from illness but Lowe and Bent are still doubts, but they might be ready to return to training on Friday.

Who does that help except the opposition team? The media might claim "the public has a right to now" but I'm sure all Derby fans would rather everyone kept schtum if it meant a few extra points over the course of a season.

EDIT: Though the official site is wording it a little differently from the DET blog, so maybe we're at least trying to play a game of bluff and counter bluff: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mcclaren-expecting-to-see-duo-return-for-forest-3456293.aspx

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

This is the one that always makes me laugh. 

He's started five times against them.

The 1-0 Bryson in which he was moved into a was moved from wide left to deep, controlled the game and helped instigate the move for our goal.

The 1-1 draw in which, fair enough, he was marked out of the game by Gillet. 

Clough's last game which was just an all round scrap fest. 

The Best/Shotts draw in which he should have been named man of the match and was the only player on the pitch who tried to play actual football.

And the 2-1 Osborn which in my opinion is the ultimate example of what Hughes does. We're absoloutely bossing the first half, they're not getting anywhere near Hughes but he goes off injured at half time leaving us without anybody to get their foot on the ball and calm things down. Forest dominate us second half. 

Then he made an eight minute cameo in a game in which I can't remember the 5core.

:ph34r:

Archived