Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, cannable said:

This is the one that always makes me laugh. 

He's started five times against them.

The 1-0 Bryson in which he was moved into a was moved from wide left to deep, controlled the game and helped instigate the move for our goal.

The 1-1 draw in which, fair enough, he was marked out of the game by Gillet. 

Clough's last game which was just an all round scrap fest. 

The Best/Shotts draw in which he should have been named man of the match and was the only player on the pitch who tried to play actual football.

And the 2-1 Osborn which in my opinion is the ultimate example of what Hughes does. We're absoloutely bossing the first half, they're not getting anywhere near Hughes but he goes off injured at half time leaving us without anybody to get their foot on the ball and calm things down. Forest dominate us second half. 

Then he made an eight minute cameo in a game in which I can't remember the 5core.

:ph34r:

Good analysis.

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Footy matches are like Brexit negotiations and it would be far better if the media didn't ask managers to reveal their hand beforehand, or for the managers to simply refuse. Yet to aid the Gump's preparations, McClaren reveals Anya has recovered from illness but Lowe and Bent are still doubts, but they might be ready to return to training on Friday.

Who does that help except the opposition team? The media might claim "the public has a right to now" but I'm sure all Derby fans would rather everyone kept schtum if it meant a few extra points over the course of a season.

EDIT: Though the official site is wording it a little differently from the DET blog, so maybe we're at least trying to play a game of bluff and counter bluff: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mcclaren-expecting-to-see-duo-return-for-forest-3456293.aspx

If you take the club line, which is that all three of them could be ready, it does give the opposition more pause for thought as they won't know which options we'll go with. 

If it was the other way, I  agree with you.

I'm not sure why we're doing the press stuff a day earlier for a match that's a day later? It could all change again by Sunday.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

If you take the club line, which is that all three of them could be ready, it does give the opposition more pause for thought as they won't know which options we'll go with. 

I'm not sure why we're doing the press stuff a day earlier for a match that's a day later? It could all change again by Sunday.

Players are off tomorrow, Friday was too late/disruptive I think.

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

The DET report, which sets a different tone from what's on the official site, reads:

Darren Bent (hamstring) and Max Lowe (groin) missed the last game and remain doubts for this weekend. The pair could join in full training on Friday, says McClaren.

Ikechi Anya, who also sat out the Wigan game due to illness, is fit to return to the squad.

39 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Players are off tomorrow, Friday was too late/disruptive I think.

Again? Thought they had Sunday and Monday off too! Honestly, if it weren't for the terrible salaries I think I'd become a professional footballer...

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Under Pearson, but yes, they did indeed. 

I saw them on Sky against Barnsley and have no idea how they didn't lose, same against Newcastle. They're getting the rub of the green lately. I think this Lansbury stuff might well see officials taking a harder line with them. 

But the bottom line for me is that we have the better squad of players and are at home therefore nothing to fear. Bryson late winner off the bench. Called it.

Curious feeling I have before this match. I almost don't care too much about our line up. 

Baird is making Ince more free. Lowe or Olson .. Well Max is more of a threat but let's not forget Marcus scored the winner not so long ago and will be very up for it.

Vydra or Bent .. They both offer something .. Darren is bigger stronger and oh so very clever while Matej is plain scary and will make his mark very soon.

left hand side attack .. JR / Anya / Weiman. . .. I know they can all do a job 

It's going to be a tight hard fought local Derby and anything could happen but, I have real faith in our boys at the moment. We have won enough to have some reserves of confidence and fight. 2 or 3 games ago we were in the middle of a fragile recovery and I would have approached this game with trepidation. But now we are a team with self belief and forward momentum. If it goes wrong tomorrow it will be individual errors or great play from the dogs ...  It won't be the shattered confidence of a rudderless disjointed group. 

My happy clappy gene is dreaming that we all click and at 3-1 up a tiring Vydra (who has scored 2 ) makes way for Bent on 80 mins to ice the cake with a scruffy goal mouth jab ... and it's the result we all want 

10 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Right, getting in the mood now, come on you Rams, chop those trees down, stick them them in the wood chipper and then spread them all over the garden so the cats can sh&t on them.

COYRs and breathe and I feel better now 

Delightfully graphic description :blink: ... Some might even say poetic :D

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

As I've already mentioned, this is my first derby / forest game and I've heard nothing but stories about some humdingers over the years so I'm expecting a 0-0. :lol:

I'd take that i guess. It's not a defeat.

Am I correct in presuming that this game will be a total sell out then?

It is yes. 

19 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

"We hate Matt Forde and we hate Matt Forde, we are the Matt Forde haters..........."

k2o84h.png

v8pxcx.jpg

23 mins 27 seconds, so who does Matt Forde hate?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b084wwpg/the-premier-league-show-gary-lineker-meets-slaven-bilic

They took that photo in a match day warm up. look v closely and you'll notice that the artful framing of the shot of the stand leaves out the half dozen faithful clustered in the bottom corners :lol:

Archived