Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong, but is the first time in quite a while when we're both playing each other with a reasonable run of form?

Last few encounters at least one of us has been on a downer?

Like I say, I might be wrong, but can't remember the last time we played each other having both won a few on the bounce.

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They are generally OK Tony. There is the odd incident but its not usually large scale and most just want to enjoy the game. These games are well policed and whilst you can't legislate for every nutter, the times I've been to this fixture I've found it passionate but never sensed a problem.

I once had to come over on the train from Nottingham (keeping colors hid). Was a bit nervous, but I licked the window a few times to blend in. 

Went to it at their place once and I don't think there was anything major. 

I used to live in nottingham and come over on the train for this fixture with my scarf on show and part from some good natured "banter" never had a problem. 

When you get to places like long eaton if there's a Derby and forest home game on the same day you tend to have one set of fans on one side of the tracks and the others on the other.. Again never saw any issues. I think in most cases if you don't look for trouble there won't be any.  Obviously you can't legislate for every idiot on both sides of the a52. 

Hey guys with only 7 days before we play red scum at pp. I would advic the lads to rest up today ready for 6 days off intensive training. I would do some work in the gym get lads stamina back up.

But also do some extra work on the training pitch. We all know that midfield battle will be key. And then maybe do some extra work with Russell and ince and bent also vryda as well maybe telling them to have a go at distance. But also work in the six yard box were we could do a little bit better at short range when chances come.

Now down to us derby fans we need pp rocking on saturday we need back 100 percent. But we also need make it as hostle as hell for red scum lot to play in.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys with only 7 days before we play red scum at pp. I would advic the lads to rest up today ready for 6 days off intensive training. I would do some work in the gym get lads stamina back up.

But also do some extra work on the training pitch. We all know that midfield battle will be key. And then maybe do some extra work with Russell and ince and bent also vryda as well maybe telling them to have a go at distance. But also work in the six yard box were we could do a little bit better at short range when chances come.

Now down to us derby fans we need pp rocking on saturday we need back 100 percent. But we also need make it as hostle as hell for red scum lot to play in.

In the post-match interview McClaren said the players were back in on Tuesday, so they've 2 days off and then probably 4 days of intensive training with some light work on the Saturday. I hope everything's geared to the unusual kickoff time, especially when it comes to meals and getting into a routine all week that means we'll be at a maximum in that 12-2pm period.

You're so right about making it hostile, though that's always hard with the ridiculous 12 noon kickoff, even though it's a local Derby. The referees' union doesn't like being made mugs off, and after Lansbury's antics against Newcastle I hope whoever's officiating is going to step up and issue the lad a first half red. It was good for us that Benitez singled him out so explicitly after the game. We need to be on his back from the start, with plenty of shouts of "cheat", trying hard to rile him and get the lad sent off.

Both teams are in good form. I've seen a number of fans on both sides say: 'it's not a good time to be playing us' and it's correct for both.

We're very good at the back, they're very good going forward. They have massive issues at the back, however, and we don't have issues going forward - well not anymore. 

I'd like to see: Carson, Baird, Pearce, Keogh, Lowe, Johnson, Hughes, Butterfield, Vydra, Ince and Bent

I'll also guess at a 3-1 score line with Bent and Ince getting among the goals. 

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh and Henry Lansbury is a ginormous cockwomble, it's hard to distinguish him though as he just follows in a line of them at forest

Reid, Earnshaw,Chris sausageer, Alan 'little fat sh"t' rogers, The list is endless  

but let's be honest the biggest, without doubt is Kenny burns, what an absolute, total, utter A1 A hole, 

Come on mate don't sit on the fence .

I'd like McClaren to have whoever he decides is taking a penalty to get a bit of practice in this week. I know training ground practice is no substitute for a full stadium and all the noise that generates, but if we get a pen, we can't afford to be messing about, a missed pen could be the difference between a win and draw...or worse. Have a look during the week, see who's confident and give them the job.

Also, I'd like him to emphasise how much of a wind up merchant Lansbury is, knock him about in the tunnel after the game by all means but don't fall for his b*llocks during the game, we'll need eleven men this time.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I'm with u bro 

quite simply, my life either becomes a fantastic beautiful dream that I never want to wake up from or it turns into a living nightmare.

i can't stand them, literally can't stand them.

id luv it if we smashed them again, luv it

my heart literally doesn't stop thumping against my rib cage from about 10 mins before kick off til that final whistle blows, I swear it's how I'm going to go,

fyi if i do croak it this weekend, just Remember me as he guy that hated forest that much his poor old heart just couldn't take it,

I don't want anything fancy just a minutes applause on 7, 39 and 77 minutes will do and for sir jake to scatter my ashes over the hallow turf at the next game. 

come on you mother fx£&!?ng rams !!!!

So you want us to win then ? 

Wife's very old friend coming for the weekend. I am escaping with her new partner who is a great bloke. You don't always get on with the other half  but he is sound as a pound and a proper footy fan ( Milwall poor fellah ) managed to get a seat for him about 3 away from mine.

some beers and a resounding victory. Vydra is going to score in this one and win it for us .. Written in the stars. 

22 minutes ago, jono said:

Wife's very old friend coming for the weekend. I am escaping with her new partner who is a great bloke. You don't always get on with the other half  but he is sound as a pound and a proper footy fan ( Milwall poor fellah ) managed to get a seat for him about 3 away from mine.

some beers and a resounding victory. Vydra is going to score in this one and win it for us .. Written in the stars. 

Millwall oh dear!!!! ?????

5 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'd like McClaren to have whoever he decides is taking a penalty to get a bit of practice in this week. I know training ground practice is no substitute for a full stadium and all the noise that generates, but if we get a pen, we can't afford to be messing about, a missed pen could be the difference between a win and draw...or worse. Have a look during the week, see who's confident and give them the job.

Also, I'd like him to emphasise how much of a wind up merchant Lansbury is, knock him about in the tunnel after the game by all means but don't fall for his b*llocks during the game, we'll need eleven men this time.

I'm sure during bents interview after the Rotherham game that he said he was the designated penalty taker....but that ince had obviously wanted to go for a hat trick....can't see bent letting him do it again however

Archived