Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, I work with a few red dogs, so hope we send all the Gumps back down the 52. With tears in there eyes, as we turn them over, feeling positive as always tomorrow, going 2-0 to the Rams, with Ince and Bent getting the goals. Let's all get pride park rocking tomorrow, which I am sure it will be, lets roar the lads on, and get into the top six, who would have thought that possible, two months back. Once a Ram always a Ram.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

There are flags everywhere tomorrow, 3 huge flags will be surfed too. Whatever your opinion of the flags why not join in tomorrow. Pride park is due a huge atmosphere this season, so wherever you sit or stand, make some noise, use the flags, clap and bounce.

The club and players have stepped it up, time for us to do the same.

What about flanges?

Dear lord, I remember horrible times back in the 70s and 80s.  McMinn being hacked like no ones business.  Put in pens by notts police, walked by them to the ground from the station,  being walked back to constant verbal abuse and them being handy with their truncheons. Some  blokes shouting about scabs. 

3 hours ago, Warrington Ram said:

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, can't wait for tomorrow. One more sleep ?

Now that would be a nice present.

Well looking forward to this, get some real passion in our veins, like others have intimated, win this could pump real belief into the players, take it into the next couple of tricky away days and oh my I'm starting to dream.

Stevie Mac, he's ****ing back and so too are the Rams.

C'mon Derby, let's do this.

I'm getting a bit apprehensive tonight. It's not a must win game but I think a win would be huge for morale and sending a message to Reading and Huddersfield in particular we have got our act together and we mean business.

As it's the grumps cup final, I expect we'll have to earn the right to win, I hope the ref has a good game and our lads are up for it. If they are, we'll win, we're better than them and I'm not just thinking that because it's Forest.

I hope everybody going enjoys it and we end the day having broken into the play off positions. COYR.

21 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Hope the game tomorrow is just a cracking one all round whatever the result with no cheating on the pitch and no senseless trouble off it from both sets of players and fans.

It's Christmas. :thumbsup:

(sings)

"All we want for Christmas is a Forest fan - each!"

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

The sooner tomorrow is over the better, last night I had a dream that forest are going to smash us 5-2

My sister text me yesterday - had a horrid dream, we were late for kick off, drinking cans of stella in Weatherspoons toilets, MrRam had gone for the girls and was late, I lost my shoes.....'do you think I might be a bit stressed' ...err, yeah. 

27 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Blitz them from the start and keep on until 90 mins. There's no way they can keep up with our firepower. 

Only slight worry is Assombalonga.

I reckon the ref will be watching Landsbury very closely and fancy him to be red carded. 

Just hope we're a bit better than the insipid 'firepower' at Pittodrie this afternoon. 

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What hell do you mean not a must win yes bloody is a must win at all costs.

I mean it's only December and our season won't be over if the unthinkable was to happen. It would  be great to play them off the park and score a hatful but if we don't I ain't gonna be sticking my head in the oven.

Don't forget to throw some beer over someone for me. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, 2tups said:

Just hope we're a bit better than the insipid 'firepower' at Pittodrie this afternoon. 

The Derby boys always have better 'firepower' than the Aberdeen boys!

http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubdays/item/3012-derby-edge-out-dons-to-lift-inaugural-denis-law-cup

Derby County Under 16s

vs

Aberdeen FC Under 16s 

Competition: Dennis Law Soccer Tournament

Venue: Aberdeen Sports Village

Date:  22/07/11

Derby County and Aberdeen met in the Denis Law Soccer Tournament Final at Aberdeen Sports Village. Like when the sides met earlier in the tournament there was a big crowd in attendance including Aberdeen manager Craig Brown and his assistant Archie Knox.

Derby won the game 2-1 thanks to goals from Kurtis Revan and Dean Freeman, with Kieran Gibbons netting a late goal for the Dons.Aberdeen were pleased to welcome back Cameron Smith who was out of the Motherwell semi final because of an injury. 

Jamie Hamilton of Aberdeen broke down the left wing on sixteen, minutes using his trickery to weave in and out of the Derby defence. However Farrend Rawson managed to clear the ball away to safety.

Aberdeen's were enjoying a lot of possession and they looked most likely to score first as Cameron Smith got past two County defenders but his shot went just wide. And Hamilton came close again in the thirty-eighth minute when he cut in off the left wing and curled a shot onto the crossbar.

Half Time: Derby County Under 16s 0-0 Aberdeen Under 16s

Derby started the second half in clinical fashion and took the lead a minute into the half. Kurtis Revan was the player in the right place at the right time and he coolly slotted home the opener. 

Aberdeen continued to enjoy plenty of time on the ball, but were limited to half chances by a strong rearguard effort from Derby. 

The Dons did come close as Cameron Smith's deflected shot hit the crossbar on forty-eight minutes.

And Derby's Dean Freeman made them pay on sixty-one minutes as he put the English side 2-0 up. Nathan Bondswell was the architect, as his cross found its way past a crowd of players to reach Freeman at the back post, who side-footed the ball home.

Keiran Gibbons gave Aberdeen a lifeline in the closing stages, poking the ball past Etheridge in a goalmouth scramble. But it proved to be too little too late as County saw out the final minutes without coming under threat.

Aberdeen will be able to take postitives from the game with a lot of good technical players on show, boding well for the future. However, it was Derby's evening, with a ruthless combination of solid defending and direct play when required, which caused all sorts of problems. 

All that was left for the The Rams was to lift the inaugural Dennis Law Soccer Tournament.

Full Time: Derby County Under 16s 2-1 Aberdeen Under 16

Derby County Under 16s

1. Ross Etheridge

2. Jorna Moulton

3. Mohamadou Susso

4. Jamie Hanson

5. Farrend Rawson

6. Dean Freeman

7. Kurtis Revan

8. Steven Kosmala

9. Kwame Thomas

10. Apostolis Apostolopoulous