Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

We seem to have a perpetual need for scapegoats, and it seems strange that after 5 wins on the trot, we are now resorting to singling out players on the grounds that we should be "...beating the likes of Wigan by more than a single goal".

Pretty pathetic really - the level of entitlement has gone through the roof over the last 8 games. There will be some booing at the end of 1-0 victories next.

Great post, if anybody needs a reality check just go back to the start of the season and those first 10 odd games of the season.

no purpose, no tactics, no plan.

sone poor fans have to watch that sort of rubbish season after season after season.

i was hoping that the one positive to come out of pearsons brief tenure was that perhaps we as fans would be a little more grateful when we were on the up again 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie said:

Not at all.

I'm suggesting that you keep a sense perspective instead of just being an argumentative *****.

Is the use of 'you' directed at me or more generally because I didn't go to the match yesterday so I couldn't comment on how we played, in fact I'm more pleased when we don't play well but win.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Is the use of 'you' directed at me or more generally because I didn't go to the match yesterday so I couldn't comment on how we played, in fact I'm more pleased when we don't play well but win.

Why would anyone in their right mind prefer a team to play badly and win, rather than play well and win. Very odd indeed 

6 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Sorry - just thought I'd ask. 

..... and eddie is such rare name ......:D

People who know me seldom call me 'Eddie' - most use my real name or resort to 'fatass'.

15 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Why would anyone in their right mind prefer a team to play badly and win, rather than play well and win. Very odd indeed 

Didn't say that I prefer, in an ideal world we would play well every match but that's impossible, hence why I'm more pleased because in times gone by when we played poorly, we used to lose.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm a very happy clapper and did indeed applaud every good thing that we did yesterday, including a few nearly moments that didn’t quite come off. 

I must admit though that I did a fair amount of shouting too at times and maybe some of that was aimed at Olsson as he  was disappointing to watch at times. 

Generally though, when I get really worried I just sing louder and hope the support carries the team over the line. 

We wouldn't be honest if we said it was easy on the eye yesterday - it wasn't. 

We should really be the loudest football fans on the planet, if all of us could only follow angieram's behaviour, just sing louder and hope the support carries the team over the line.

Super Jake Buxton knows we are good loyal fans and I'm sure many of our current players really appreciate it when we make a loud positive noise of support, so when we get frustrated or feel the need to criticise, try to keep it in your head, forget about it, don't dwell on it, and counter act it with focusing on what are beloved football club are doing well on, and those players you think that are struggling, need lifting, so try and get a new song going about them, as they all want to hear their names being sung by their football fans. It's life, nobody likes people having a dig, and I know how my own confidence and performance drops when people only ever point out the negatives they see in you, or they are the only ones you hear.

We won again, and it lifted my mood for the rest of the day, and I'm a happier person today because of it, so I'll enjoy the result, and on that note, I'll keep smiling, and will enjoy singing round the house etc.

Up The Rams

1 hour ago, eddie said:

We seem to have a perpetual need for scapegoats, and it seems strange that after 5 wins on the trot, we are now resorting to singling out players on the grounds that we should be "...beating the likes of Wigan by more than a single goal".

Pretty pathetic really - the level of entitlement has gone through the roof over the last 8 games. There will be some booing at the end of 1-0 victories next.

Where did I say what you're suggesting - grind your axe somewhere else. Pathetic.

If we had better quality goalscorers it would take the pressure off the defence and make it more likely to grind out wins in even tougher situations (ie better teams).

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We need to do better than scraping a 1-0 against Wigan. But our defence is pretty solid.

I agree in principle PistoldPete2, but a flukey/ hard grafted three points works for me at the end of the season.

Sometimes results like Wigan are an ideal preparation for a 0-0 hammering at Newcastle.

Been away all weekend on a mobile free walking weekend

Just got back and caught some of the posts on here

How many did we lose by ? Sounds like a truly awful performance, as in Nigel Ps day. Dreading seeing the final score.

Makes you wonder how Johnny earns a living as a professional footballer the things people are saying. And that Will and Jacob are better off in non-league.

Shame that the run came to an end but its sounds like we were appalling at Wigan and deserved to lose by several

God help us against a reviving Forest

Probably just me but most of the posters on here seem to think Play-offs were guaranteed three days ago  but now relegation is more likely if not an absolute certainty for many.

What went wrong ?  I'm so confused .

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Been away all weekend on a mobile free walking weekend

Just got back and caught some of the posts on here

How many did we lose by ? Sounds like a truly awful performance, as in Nigel Ps day. Dreading seeing the final score.

Makes you wonder how Johnny earns a living as a professional footballer the things people are saying. And that Will and Jacob are better off in non-league.

Shame that the run came to an end but its sounds like we were appalling at Wigan and deserved to lose by several

God help us against a reviving Forest

Probably just me but most of the posters on here seem to think Play-offs were guaranteed three days ago  but now relegation is more likely if not an absolute certainty for many.

What went wrong ?  I'm so confused .

Go for another walk to clear your head buddy. We won and I don't recall anybody mentioning relegation. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Gritters said:

One thing I didn't see very well but Baird went down under pressure from a Wigan forward. Now some people may have seen this better than me but Forest got a penalty on Friday when the Newcastle defender pushed the forward over.

I have said before the ref was rubbish.

Just realised who the ref was so we shouldn't have expected any favours - what is it about the Madley family that makes them such crap referees - at least when in charge of a match involving Derby?

18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Just realised who the ref was so we shouldn't have expected any favours - what is it about the Madley family that makes them such crap referees - at least when in charge of a match involving Derby?

After the Martin debacle every time I see the grinning face of bloody bobby Madley I'll admit thoughts of smashing his smug face in go through my head.... imo the bloke cost us promotion that season 

Great win, albeit not a great overall performance. But who cares about that..3 points.

Sorry if this may have been asked elsewhere and I have missed it, but why were the Wigan players all appealing to the ref after Johno scored ? Even he looked at the refereee before he wheeled away to celebrate. Foul on the defender? Climbing on his back ?

Having looked at the Russell post hitting action again I have to say that he would actually have been better just slipping it back for Ince, who would have had a gaping goal to aim at.....but, hey.....

8 hours ago, eddie said:

People who know me seldom call me 'Eddie' - most use my real name or resort to 'fatass'.

I assumed this was a skit,  on Eddie Offard (the Sound Engineer) for those who haven't seen the light.

"Are you ready Eddie, ready to rock  ....  etc.

Archived