Macca in the local...

minesahartington

10 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Players are in there all the time. Shearer was in there a few weeks ago. It's not the sort of local that attracts photos. I think they are all a bit too wrapped up in their own worlds for that.

He meets with Mark Robbins, he lives in duffield too.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, minesahartington said:

I was in there for half an hour and it was Steve. I didn't recognise who he was with. Not Sam whilst I was there. He did and may well still have a flat in duffield and Sam does live just outside the village. 

Are you sure it wasnt goldmember,and not schteve?

1 hour ago, Anon said:

The Titanic analogy only serves to highlight the ludicrous hyperbole around the end of McClaren's Derby tenure. Comparing sliding out of the play offs and finishing 8th/losing the play off final to one of the worst disasters in maritime history is about par for the course in terms of the utter nonsense spouted on this forum.

I agree the 14/15 season was a much worse situation

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Macs stated career goal is Sporting Director or Director of football. Maybe that's what we could get with Powell staying on as head coach.

But that is wanting to be what he is rubbish at (recruitment) and giving up what he is great at (coaching).

I'd have NC as Director of Football and SM as Head Coach 

11 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Players are in there all the time. Shearer was in there a few weeks ago. It's not the sort of local that attracts photos. I think they are all a bit too wrapped up in their own worlds for that.

I put a new roof on that place in 1990, glad to see they are all keeping nice and dry after my handywork during a week experience week..!

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I put a new roof on that place in 1990, glad to see they are all keeping nice and dry after my handywork during a week experience week..!

Typical, put a whole roof on but was only on work experience. Suprised they didn't make you head roofer on the Friday night ???

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, it seems that looking in from the outside we do have a very weak squad, and I for one was certainly all for a large scale clear out in the summer, but someone clearly decided to carry on with what we've got, and it's fair to say it hasn't worked thus far...

We only have six fit players remaining from 14/15. The argument that the players keeps failing and have weak mentalities has little weight behind it.

His first job will have to be a massive acknowledgement of his behaviour prior to getting the sack and an apology. Alternatively he may prefer the Tony Blair approach, and look where that's got him, lot's of cash in the bank but loathed by so many people. Sound familiar ?

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Please let this be rumour and not fact.

Teams had got us really figured out after the "golden period" and we should not forget it! We had no plan B and plan A was obsolete.

They say never go back and generally that is right.

I'm with you. Let's go 4-4-2 I bet no opposing manager will ever be able to figure that out.

36 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Kudos to the original poster @minesahartington. Looks like you were bang on.

Steve McClaren won just six of 28 Premier League games in charge of Newcastle

Steve McClaren is expected to be appointed as Derby County head coach on Wednesday just 17 months after he was sacked, BBC Radio Derby reports.

Nigel Pearson left his role as boss by mutual consent on Saturday after less than five months, and McClaren, 55, has been in talks with the Rams.

Chris Powell, who has been in temporary charge, is expected to return to his role as assistant manager.

Ex-England boss McClaren left Derby in acrimonious circumstances in May 2015. 

Following constant speculation linking him with the job at Newcastle, McClaren subsequently joined the Magpies but was sacked in March 2016.

Pearson, who replaced Paul Clement as boss, was originally suspended by the Championship side pending a club investigation into his "behaviour" following a heated exchange with owner Mel Morris.

McClaren won just six of 28 Premier League games in charge of Newcastle, who were just one place off the foot of the table when he departed and they were eventually relegated.

He only spent two seasons with the Rams, leading them to Championship play-off final defeat by QPR in 2013-2014.

Derby lost 3-0 at home to Reading on the final day of the following season, meaning they missed out on the play-offs after ending February top of the table, and McClaren was sacked in the same month.

BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy said: "McClaren was interviewed last night just hours after Morris spoke warmly to a business leaders' conference about the head coach he sacked almost 18 months ago after the club's season had imploded.

"McClaren is recognised as one of England's outstanding coaches and Powell - who played for him at Derby in the 1990s when McClaren was first-team coach - is happy to work under him.

"It will be McClaren's fourth spell at Derby. His contract will run to summer 2018 and he's expected to be in the dug-out for the Leeds match this Saturday. The rest of the coaching staff will be kept on."

As well as coaching England from 2006-07, McClaren was previously manager at Middlesbrough, FC Twente, Wolfsburg and Nottingham Forest.

McClaren U-turn a 'shock'

Analysis: BBC Radio Derby's Owen Bradley

"Shocked is an understatement considering the nature of Steve McClaren's departure.

"Though he was ultimately sacked, McClaren damaged lots of relationships at the club by never bringing to an end the links with Newcastle. In the eyes of some, that derailed Derby's promotion campaign.

"Mel Morris is a big fan of McClaren's quality as a coach, but was part of the group that sacked him. If that relationship has been repaired then it will happen."

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't want an apology I want good football..... End of

The kind of football played in the 12 game run in prior to McClarens sacking? Would that do you OK? I'm not so sure, but  lets' hope it all works out...

Archived