Macca in the local...

minesahartington

I'm not sure where I'd stand on a return of the Mac. On the one hand he got us playing the best football we have in years and the closest to promotion since our relegation nearly a decade ago. But equally the run of form leading to his sacking was diabolical and he seemed to lose the players with the whole Newcastle debacle, I'm just not sure that this wouldn't be a backwards step tbh, although potentially in a role alongside another manager it may work 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How have you been keeping lads? Hope you're all well. Eh Will, have you been in the gym? How's the wife, Keezy? Thomas! How's your Dad? Bryso, Cyrus good to see you. Where's Chrissy?

He what? 

How much for?

Fook me! I only nipped up to Newcastle!!

Its ok, I can work with it. It's going to be nice to be able to use George Thorne for once

:o

Where's Bucko?

<ducks>

Has anybody got a cloth?

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Bringing him back would be like rebuilding the titanic and keeping the old captain

doesn't the captain rely on his crew? You're happy for the crew to man the titanic then?

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm not sure where I'd stand on a return of the Mac. On the one hand he got us playing the best football we have in years and the closest to promotion since our relegation nearly a decade ago. But equally the run of form leading to his sacking was diabolical and he seemed to lose the players with the whole Newcastle debacle, I'm just not sure that this wouldn't be a backwards step tbh, although potentially in a role alongside another manager it may work 

re:losing the players, I think it's fair to say since McClaren left, it's become obvious that these players can lose themselves in the dressing room. It's perhaps time to let a manager lose them for good and replace them with players who aren't so easily lost.

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

doesn't the captain rely on his crew? You're happy for the crew to man the titanic then?

re:losing the players, I think it's fair to say since McClaren left, it's become obvious that these players can lose themselves in the dressing room. It's perhaps time to let a manager lose them for good and replace them with players who aren't so easily lost.

Indeed, it seems that looking in from the outside we do have a very weak squad, and I for one was certainly all for a large scale clear out in the summer, but someone clearly decided to carry on with what we've got, and it's fair to say it hasn't worked thus far...

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Only to perv at Winsletts nips

I can Top Trump you with  Under Siege (aka Erika Eleniak) when it comes to Ships and Nips, which bizarrely is exactly how Maclaren may well return to Derby County (if he does ) out of a cake and topless :lol:

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

If we're going down the route of the titanic analogy, he did miss a f****g big iceberg and sunk an unsinkable ship, I'm sure not all the blame lies with the skipper but it doesn't look great on the CV.

The Titanic analogy only serves to highlight the ludicrous hyperbole around the end of McClaren's Derby tenure. Comparing sliding out of the play offs and finishing 8th/losing the play off final to one of the worst disasters in maritime history is about par for the course in terms of the utter nonsense spouted on this forum.

33 minutes ago, JG400 said:

I can Top Trump you with  Under Siege (aka Erika Eleniak) when it comes to Ships and Nips, which bizarrely is exactly how Maclaren may well return to Derby County (if he does ) out of a cake and topless :lol:

If a big ass cake is wheeled out on the half way line at half time this Saturday I'm holding you totally responsible JG400 :blink::D

47 minutes ago, Anon said:

The Titanic analogy only serves to highlight the ludicrous hyperbole around the end of McClaren's Derby tenure. Comparing sliding out of the play offs and finishing 8th/losing the play off final to one of the worst disasters in maritime history is about par for the course in terms of the utter nonsense spouted on this forum.

Yeah, oh for mid-table obscurity or brushes with relegation!

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

I will just pop this here whilst we have a breather !

untitled.png

Archived