new manager list

B4ev6is

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andrew James said:

What is this obsession with ROWETT, very average in my book.  As per MM he wants an impact manager, style, fluid football not a run of the mill type manager. On the above list is McClaren who when we were flying we were almost impossible to beat, the other name is Hoddle... Boy he is well connected still even with Wenger...the rest I.e Bruce and others not a chance, even Powell as he has been our main coach in this bad run.. 

I want him. Overachieved with a weak Birmingham side for over 2 years now. Strong character. Affinity with the club. Think he'd fit in well here. Him or Powell for me, but one costs a lot more than the other. 

Why does everybody presume Rowett would leave Birmingham and show some kind of love or loyalty to Derby?

He only played 20 more games for us than he did for Birmingham, he's from Bromsgrove, he's settled there, got them playing well and nicely placed in the league.

They've got a big local derby at home to Villa at the end of the month, I cant see him not being in charge for that.

6 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Why does everybody presume Rowett would leave Birmingham and show some kind of love or loyalty to Derby?

He only played 20 more games for us than he did for Birmingham, he's from Bromsgrove, he's settled there, got them playing well and nicely placed in the league.

They've got a big local derby at home to Villa at the end of the month, I cant see him not being in charge for that.

Gary Rowett will be excited by the massive upgrade in facilities and resources, as well as playing dtaff available to him at derby. If Mel decides to approach him he'll explain his huge ambition for Derby and offer him the chance to become the 'Alex Ferguson' that he hopes Clement might. It's one of the best projects in English football for the right individual and will appeal greatly to any ambitious manager.

And if I had to go to Birmingham every day and someone offered me a chance to not go to Birmingham every day then I'd definitely not go to Birmingham every day.

39 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I want him. Overachieved with a weak Birmingham side for over 2 years now. Strong character. Affinity with the club. Think he'd fit in well here. Him or Powell for me, but one costs a lot more than the other. 

Then you want an average football club with both Powell or ROWETT with no clout especially across European football. They know Charlton, Burton and a few more average players. We will sign Donaldson !! Can't wait !!  

BTW that lad on loan at Bristol City is fantastic just watching him for the U21's came from Chelsea on loan... ROWETT doesn't know where Chelsea is. At least McClaren at the time got Ibe, Winston, and the lad from Real Madrid... 

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Gary Rowett will be excited by the massive upgrade in facilities and resources, as well as playing dtaff available to him at derby. If Mel decides to approach him he'll explain his huge ambition for Derby and offer him the chance to become the 'Alex Ferguson' that he hopes Clement might. It's one of the best projects in English football for the right individual and will appeal greatly to any ambitious manager.

And if I had to go to Birmingham every day and someone offered me a chance to not go to Birmingham every day then I'd definitely not go to Birmingham every day.

This is a great way of looking it at the situation.

We are a big club waiting for our chance to come back to the prem. 

And the manager who does take us up and keeps us there will be held in the highest regard. 

It's a great potential project for any manager but you need the balls to be able to complete it.

6 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

BTW that lad on loan at Bristol City is fantastic just watching him for the U21's came from Chelsea on loan... ROWETT doesn't know where Chelsea is. At least McClaren at the time got Ibe, Winston, and the lad from Real Madrid... 

Yeah, we were a draw then. That Tammy is a bit of a talent for sure.

11 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Far better night out in Brum than Derby I hate to say ,the Mail Box and Broad Street area's are light years away from anything round here.

11 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

17 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Far better night out in Brum than Derby I hate to say ,the Mail Box and Broad Street area's are light years away from anything round here.

Most football managers are all grown up now though

You get all age groups out ,going out to nice places isn't restricted to the young .

36 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

My idea of a good night out is a few pale ales in my local country tavern away from the DAMN KIDS.

I think it's quite sad ,we were the generation that went out every night ,all the local pubs were busy whatever the night of the week . City centre clubs packed every night.

Now day's the older generations seem to have given up the city centre's to the youngsters and they don't go out in the same numbers as we did .

Shame because I have just come back from Marbella and as far as locals go they all go out and mix old and young  ,makes for a much better atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I think it's quite sad ,we were the generation that went out every night ,all the local pubs were busy whatever the night of the week . City centre clubs packed every night.

Now day's the older generations seem to have given up the city centre's to the youngsters and they don't go out in the same numbers as we did .

Shame because I have just come back from Marbella and as far as locals go they all go out and mix old and young  ,makes for a much better atmosphere.

You should try Newcastle. Plenty of older blokes and lasses out with the young uns giving it six nought all night, like a real life episode of Viz. Howay yer buggaz, everybody get doon; Friday neet, we're gan doon toon.

21 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You should try Newcastle. Plenty of older blokes and lasses out with the young uns giving it six nought all night, like a real life episode of Viz. Howay yer buggaz, everybody get doon; Friday neet, we're gan doon toon.

Yep it's great at the weekends ,my head office used to be up there It could be a bit quiet during the week though.

29 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Maybe that's what attracted Steve Mac :D

Archived