Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

The balls travelling away from where the pictures taken, I think its gone and the frame before is where you can see contact.

I'm not as sure as before now though as having watched it again in slo mo, what I thought was Vyra's boot on the white line was actually some low res black square that is the Leeds players hand.

Think we can all say that the there is no way it is 100% clear and shows how hard it is for the linesman trying to judge real time.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officials make mistakes, will admit that, but some on here who are implying he couldn't have been 100% sure is hard to believe. Like I said earlier when one poster on here said lino couldn't be certain..... he's asking him to make a incorrect decision..... baffles me.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Luckily it was Vydra, not Bent. He would've been slaughtered being offside.

He was called offside 3 times yesterday at least, can't remember exactly, I'm hoping it was down to anxiety plus a bit of lack of fitness causing him to 'go early'.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was called offside 3 times yesterday at least, can't remember exactly, I'm hoping it was down to anxiety plus a bit of lack of fitness causing him to 'go early'.

Stats site has him down offside twice

Have said it before on here being a linesman is possibly harder than being the ref as apart from the watching for everything the ref is you have to interpret the offside law.

In this case whether he was right or wrong when you give the decision you are 100% sure the player is offside video evidence may later prove otherwise but at that moment you are sure.

Was not in a position to have a opinion yesterday and the angle of the video's and pictures I. have seen are the same.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or the ball into him being played a fraction too late?

9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The disallowed goal against newcastle was the same, some angles made it look on but then the sky one was clear off.

It was more of a delayed pass 2 out of 3. The third was this debatable goal so for me it's not a 'Bent' type problem more of an adjustment from our midfield needed. 

He did make lots more runs yesterday where the player with the ball didn't even look for him and it is definitely a trick we are missing when that early ball is only played once all game (Johnson over the top which almost led to a goal )  

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mis-remembered his 1st thru on goal in the 1st half. Anyway hope he's not gonna be a Vydra-offside, he looks useful and works hard.

Was having a quick look on offsides, quickly got bored, Anya, Bent and Vydra are all rocking a 0.7 per game which puts them in the top 22 in the league for offsideness and yes I did just make that word up :) 

Who cares. Vydra should have finished the other two which were great chances the first entirely created by BJ and himself; the second he took up a good position.  He knows he should have done better with both chances. He did the right thing on the offside one which was to time his run and latch onto it: it was a gorgeous goal.

we get Bryson in there with Hughes in front of BJ and vydra will score ... a lot. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair if it was Bent he would already have been in the back of the net by time Ince played the pass.

I was thinking half way to Burton but yes you are right.

On 15/10/2016 at 20:12, eddie said:

I thought that the ref was very much ok today. A couple of people afterwards sad that he was favouring Leeds, but the offside was offside, and both bookings were warranted. I actually thought that Will was in danger of getting sent off with a couple of robust challenges after his booking, and that Keogh had a 'ball-to-hand' moment near the end - but both went in our favour.

The ref was OK? He gave nothing for two very heavy tackles on Hughes - he had to change his shirt due to a gash on his upper body, so there should have been a yellow card for at least one of those tackles. Then Anya was wacked twice in the same passage of play and needed treatment, but not even a free-kick was given. And the guy who finished Anya's game went into the tackle completely out of control - it should have been at least a yellow nut more likely a red, but yet again, not even a free-kick. Disgraceful, although the ref probably felt he wasn't out of control but knew exactly what he was doing. As ever the Dirities set about "doing" both Hughes and Anya from the very start.

Then there were the offsides (plural) - Vydra's goal was marginally off, but (a) what happened to giving the bernefit of doubt to the attacker, and (b) the linesman couldn't be sure from his position which was behind the run of play, so he shouldn't have given the decision. In reality he couldn't wait to raise his flag. Once Derby had scored, the officials seemed determined to "help" Leeds in their quest for an equalizer. The final offside came when the goalkeeper told the linesman to put his flag up. For goodness sake, how can the goalkeeper see that someone is offside. In the end, he could only favour Leeds more by carrying an AK47 and gunning Derby players down. 

Incidentally, I believe Hughes went off because of his yellow card. Yes our players were knackered, but they weren't going in for tackles because they knew the ref would give the decision Leeds' way, and they were also holding back in attack for fear of getting clogged, because the ref had given them very little protection all game long. Terrible match officials. How the FA/Football League keep finding officials who are worse than the lot we got for the last match, I don't know, but they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of absolute duffers.

Mark Halsey's comments (probably in his latest book, no doubt) make interesting reading, and will tend to support my comments.

Archived