Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

The first half was dull as dishwater, the leeds keeper not having a save to make, however neither did ours. Second half better and it helped when ince moved over to the other wing.

Well done to Max Lowe who looked like he had being playing first team football for a long time and not his first home league start. He was very composed.

Can they improve for next tuesday?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jono said:

Eddie you are too sensible .. But yes you're right.

I did get a bit narked when Johnson was penalised for leaping for a header and really did everything he could not to climb up his marker. I also think the ref missed a fair amount of impeding / holding but if I was a Leeds fan I am sure they would have just the same level of criticism but I am partisan and every challenge we make is obviously fair or just tough while theirs are obviously anything from dirty, lucky or the refs rubbish :whistle: .... ... I do think the offside was marginal and that it would have been a beautiful goal if it had been given but .. Yep he didn't do a bad job

I went with a Leeds fan who was convinced they should have had a pen late on when Keogh handballed it...

15 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Didn't go to the match today it sounds like another step in the right direction. Delighted for Russell and Johnson gievn some of the stick they gt on here (I'm not innocent of this charge). Bring on Brentford and hopefully no more Olsson when he's fit - Lowe is in the driving seat at left back now.

What's this about?

Leeds usual chant of 'your dad's a star, and so are you' directed at Thomas was answered by the Derby fans, pointing out at least he knows who his dad is!

Obvs they didn't sing star, but my asterisk button is broken!

I am surprised by the tiredness thing... There will always be one who is shot at the end but thought Ince and Will looked done in far too early and there has been a break so what is that all about ? ... I also wonder if Ince is carrying a niggle he wasn't moving with much fluidity all game ? 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

How can a linesman trying his best to keep up with a very fast counter attack possibly give that as offside. If you're not 100% sure you don't give a decision and there's no way he can be sure when catching up with play at that speed and with it being that tight. 

How do you know? You a mind reader? So you're calling out a linesman for making a CORRECT decision? 

Let me guess you would be praising the lad if it was Leeds attacking.

Dreary me. What your basically saying is that the Lino should have got it wrong. 

I like turtles

10 minutes ago, Frogram said:

"We were tired in the second half " , if this was true then I genuinely don't understand how a modern footballer can be tired after playing for  60 or 70 minutes- are the fitness coaches any good ?

Distances Covered per Game:
Average distance from goal keeper: 5.30 km
Average distance from wing fullback : 10.43 km
Average distance from centre halfback : 10.67 km
Average distance from defensive midfielder: 11.57 km
Average distance from offensive midfielder: 12.30 km
Average distance from centre striker : 10.70 km
Average distance from free striker : 11.10 km

Therefore, most players are running over 1/4 of a full distance marathon each game and sometimes multiple occasions over the course of a single week. They are also doing so at at 'sprint pace', not the measured and paced tempo of a long-distance runner. 

The average heart rate during a football game is situated between 170 and 175 heart beats per minute versus a typical resting heartbeat of 60 -70 BPM. However, maximum heart rates can approach 200 heart beats per minute. 

A high level game is usually described by: 
- 50 to 55 (ground or air) duels 
- 25 to 40 jumps 
- 2 to 8 tackles 

A player usually achieves “120 intense actions or sprints” falling every 1 to 6 seconds per game. With football being a semi-contact sport, players can also sustain a series of knocks over the course of a game which further negatively impact overall performance stats whilst also contributing to fatigue in the latter stages of any game.

Hope this helps :)

* Source - physicfootball.com

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I am surprised by the tiredness thing... There will always be one who is shot at the end but thought Ince and Will looked done in far too early and there has been a break so what is that all about ? ... I also wonder if Ince is carrying a niggle he wasn't moving with much fluidity all game ? 

I can remember people saying how unfit we were under clement - probably being used to ability rather than fitness with players he was used to coaching. Wassall didn't have much time to make any difference, then the summer and Pearson more bothered about shape than fitness.

Everyone seemed to be positive today - players and fans. Can only be a good thing. 

59 minutes ago, 86 points said:

All through Pearson's tenure you did nothing but whine like a baby - the formation wasn't right. we didn't have the right personnel for a 4-4-2, Mel was wrecking the club with his naivety and poorly-considered appointments, yada, yada, yada.

Now we have McClaren back and only one game into his current stint, here you are, bitching again. We're toothless, Vydra can't play 4-3-3, we were lucky to get a draw, they should have scored and so on, ad feckin nauseam. Where is this 'insight' when we don't get the result we deserve, when we lose a game we could or should have drawn or won, when the sides we play ride their luck and get a result their performance doesn't warrant? 

How about you save your 'insights', look to see how we go over a period of games and just get behind the team, the manager and the owners you claim to support? There'll be plenty of opportunities for you to moan should things not improve, of that I'm pretty certain. As it is, 7 points from a possible 12 since Pearson was suspended seems like a pretty fair return to me and but for the late Reading goal it would be form that would see us comfortably into the play-offs were it maintained. As such, your incessant doom and gloom seems a tad melodramatic at very best.

What drivel...

Just before the game I was speaking to my dad about how i didn't rate marcus olsson....max lowe turns up....and what a performance?

Not really read through this thread much but i think he was excellent today, he made strong tackles and was very attacking minded with a good low cross (reminded me of fozzy with that left foot)......I felt so much more comfortable with him there and maybe he can solidify his spot now and go ahead of both of them? Would be great to have another player come through the ranks.

What does everyone else think of his performance? I'm sure he has already been mentioned but i am looking forward to see him playing in the next game!

Archived