Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think vryda goal was onside also

I think once steve mac get the balance right he will score i say 15 plus for us.

In one game...11th December.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra - onside I think having watched the replay....so close, looked like that defender was keeping him on....

Also I thought he played well today when given the chance, didn't lose the ball, had to chase the back line alot and we are still not playing it into him enough!!, there were 5-6 occasions throughout the match where he was perfectly placed for a through ball and the others go sideways or shot themselves, this is the situations where he is lethal and he almost did it the first time we played him through (Johnson with that lobbed through ball in the first half) and he narrowly hits it wide in the first half from a tight angle, the only other time we played him through was for the offside goal......I watch him in particular and he is ready to make those runs to get in behind, makes it and no one picks him out! he shakes his head and wonder what he must do to get someone to even attempt to play him in...

I don't think our midfield have fully adjusted to playing with someone who can make those runs, they are used to Martin still who would always come short and didn't have the pace to get in behind.

45 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Noticeable that there was very little complaint from Vydra though, he knew ;)

Probably more like he didn't know and he trusts the judgement of the linesman.

It was offside, not disputing it. Just saying the linesman can't have possibly known. 

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

That picture is from when he's already made contact with the ball. If you freeze it on the frame earlier you can see he's clearly offside when Ince's foot kicks the ball.

If Ince's foot is still in contact then the ball is not deemed passed. It is only after there is contact from the passer that it can be deemed whether or not it is offside.

8 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Vydra - onside I think having watched the replay....so close, looked like that defender was keeping him on....

Also I thought he played well today when given the chance, didn't lose the ball, had to chase the back line alot and we are still not playing it into him enough!!, there were 5-6 occasions throughout the match where he was perfectly placed for a through ball and the others go sideways or shot themselves, this is the situations where he is lethal and he almost did it the first time we played him through (Johnson with that lobbed through ball in the first half) and he narrowly hits it wide in the first half from a tight angle, the only other time we played him through was for the offside goal......I watch him in particular and he is ready to make those runs to get in behind, makes it and no one picks him out! he shakes his head and wonder what he must do to get someone to even attempt to play him in...

I don't think our midfield have fully adjusted to playing with someone who can make those runs, they are used to Martin still who would always come short and didn't have the pace to get in behind.

Fair points about Vydra. I was probably a bit harsh on the lad and not taking into account some of the points you made Derbyram. I thought he had a decent game though and he did work hard.

Crikey, how can a human be expected to get everything right? 

The only way is a 5th official behind a monitor.  Even then you'd have to be sure the other team hadn't seen the flag go up and had stopped trying.

Both sides of the TV reply arguments has its pro's and negatives.

First game of the season for me.

Really enjoyed it. First half was like a chess match, second was a real battle, with both sides giving as good as they've got.

Lowe looked a bit nervy early on I thought and was caught out of position a couple of times, but grew into the game. First time i've seen him and liked what I saw.

Bradley Johnson was man of the match. An absolute tank who, without the responsibility of having to be creative, looked right at home in the heart of the midfield.

Hughes was Hughes.

First time seeing Vydra and I like the look of him. Takes up Michael Owen-type positions on the shoulder of the defender, a shame his goal was called offside but could have gone either way. Give him enough service and I think he could get 20 for us this season.

On the face of that one performance I think its safe to say our players don't lack fight - Ince and Vydra were out on their feet at full time. Yes there were flaws - Christie didn't exist as a forward outlet and we rode our luck at the end, but a real heart on the sleeve, passionate performance.

A good atmosphere, a win and some sunshine. What more can you want?

From what I saw:
Carson - 8

Christie - 5
Keogh - 8
Pearce - 8
Lowe - 7

Johnson - 8
Hughes - 7
Butterfield - 6

Ince - 6
Anya - 6
Vydra - 6

Vydra's goal should have stood. I thought he was onside at the time, having watched the replay he looks onside. It's tight, but the linesman has definitely guessed after not being 100% switched on to the situation which is disappointing. 

The football from some of the players was a lot better. I think it'll take time for the team to get upto scratch but individually they looked better. 

O'Kane looked outstanding for Leeds. I think the tracking back and ultimate interception from Ince's pass to Vydra will be one of the finest pieces of defending you're likely to see this season! Ince did excellently well to drag the defenders out and just couldn't account for what O'Kane did - truly superb. 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Close but think its just off.

I definitely think it should have stood - made myself look a right MUPPET jumping round like an idiot ....... 'til I realised!!

I thought attackers had benefit of doubt if it was this close. 

Still doesn't matter now - WE WON :lol:

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Zooming in I dont think I could have got it much closer to his foot using simplymy phone.

Screenshot_20161016-133841.png

The balls travelling away from where the pictures taken, I think its gone and the frame before is where you can see contact.

I'm not as sure as before now though as having watched it again in slo mo, what I thought was Vyra's boot on the white line was actually some low res black square that is the Leeds players hand.

55 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

From what I saw:
Carson - 8

Christie - 5
Keogh - 8
Pearce - 8
Lowe - 7

Johnson - 8
Hughes - 7
Butterfield - 6

Ince - 6
Anya - 6
Vydra - 6

Vydra's goal should have stood. I thought he was onside at the time, having watched the replay he looks onside. It's tight, but the linesman has definitely guessed after not being 100% switched on to the situation which is disappointing. 

The football from some of the players was a lot better. I think it'll take time for the team to get upto scratch but individually they looked better. 

O'Kane looked outstanding for Leeds. I think the tracking back and ultimate interception from Ince's pass to Vydra will be one of the finest pieces of defending you're likely to see this season! Ince did excellently well to drag the defenders out and just couldn't account for what O'Kane did - truly superb. 

How do you know the linesman guessed? 

Just watched the highlights on youtube and don 't think Ince deserves the slating he's been getting on here - looks like he is starting to work well with Vydra - made a couple of great passes to him that he should have scored from. Needs a bit more time I think to get used to McClaren again.

Archived