The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ideal for us...martin not doing spectacularly well but proving he can still score to us,

This is untrue. Martin is not proving 'he can still score for us', unless by 'us' you mean Fulham. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Controversial but I don't think we should bring him back. If he did it would ruin the balance of the team. Martin was pretty poor without midfield runners, if we still had Hendrick and a younger Bryson then maybe I would consider it but not now with this more dynamic and less predictable front 3. Ince is in very good form atm and I'm suggest bringing Martin back would make him lose that form because they don't suit each other's game. Ince likes people who stretch the game to give him more space whereas him and Martin got in each other's space a number of times last season. It's no surprise that his record is great when playing with Bent. I think all of the midfield 3 benefit from the front 3 being more mobile too.So for me the 2 options are: 1) either bring back Martin but having to buy another box to box midfielder in the mould of Bryson whilst also dropping Ince or 2) Buy a new striker and sell Martin, whilst keeping Ince in the team. You may agree or disagree, it's just my opinion.

All valid opinions, and I can see where you draw your conclusions. For me with Mac back almost anything can happen. When he was in charge last time he had 1 full game with a fully fit Martin and Ince together and we won 4-1 with Ince scoring twice, I believe there is certainly potential for a good partnership and Ince's lack of goals last season (and this) when Martin played is more down to the management's instructions than the players themselves.

• 1 month later...

The Fulham fans have started threads titled 'Dignity over Promotion' and 'Is that snide Martin's last first team start for Fulham'. I don't think they're happy with Chrissy - what a surprise! Some of them have started to question their manager - indeed how on earth they thought it could end happily, or that it wasn't down to their manager making a stand to prove his own point, is beyond me. #schadenfreude

Blindingly obvious that Martin would not be breaking sweat once Fulham refused to send him back(but they did have ten men) - poor management from the Fulham end keeping anyone who wants away, apparently it is all our fault and not theirs for not getting forwards in January 

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Shame that Martin effectively went on strike. I think his actions removed any chance of an amicable deal being done in January.  No winners as a result.

I suspect that that occurred when Fulham refused to consider his,request in the first place....hence preventing an amicable deal taking place behind closed doors..

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Shame that Martin effectively went on strike. I think his actions removed any chance of an amicable deal being done in January.  No winners as a result.

Lol. It is obvious to all, highlighted by Jokanovich's attitude, that they had no intention of letting Martin return - see how good a transfer window they had?! I imagine that the situation worsened after they refused to allow CM to return.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 22:05, i-Ram said:

Don't you start on this strike business............

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Not even in squad. My thoughts all along were that Martin had been promised to go back hence he put a decent shift in. Funny that once we hit Feb 1st his performances have dipped. Joka has showed himself to have the man management skills of Hitler.

I don't know. Hitler managed to motivate a lot of people into becoming willing fascists. I think you're doing Adolf a great disservice there.

Back to seriousness though, I think he's been duped. The Joke has lied to him. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

I'd be quite happy for CM to remain unselected for the rest of the season. It would nullify the risk of him picking up an injury, unless Jokanovich launches a two footed challenge on him in a training session. Today is another game ticked off until the return of our beloved Wardrobe. #Bringhimhome 

He'll stick on some timber between now and pre-season.

Archived