The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Where does it say 'not trying'? The 'disinterested performance' comes from the writer, so it's an opinion rather than from anyone official. That West London Sport are pretty bad and they were the same during the transfer window. Minimal research and quotes and making out opinions as facts. They could say 'when you go out on the pitch all that other stuff is forgotten' says Fulham striker and you could write the same article.

That's a little to close to home on this board :ph34r:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They are a local paper that follow Fulham, a bit like the DET. I am surprised that he has hardly featured since Deadline Day, maybe nothing in it, just thought I would post it.....

While they are the same as the DET, there are, imo, some definitive differences in how they go about journalism. The biggest one I saw was during the transfer window when they went with a headline like 'BOARD BACK JOKANOVIC' when all they had was a quote from Joka about it. There was nothing direct from the board, they were pushing a story rather then doing anything to back up joka's claim. Now I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's dressing up facts to suit an agenda. Like this article today is.

Now if you compare to Nicholson's articles, if he can't use a direct quote, then it will say something like 'it is my understanding that...'. It's a subtle difference I know and it really means nothing, but I do consider it more responsible way of reporting and therefore it's also mire informative.

11 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

I think his attitude stinks and is showing Fulham a total lack of respect, we put up with his sulking here because he scores goals but can be so infuriating, he just needs to get on with it, get some form and fitness and come back here with a point to prove to Pearson 

What do you know about his attitude at Fulham?

As for his attitude here, you mean coming in to pre-season training early? Wanting to play for Derby? Or just that he doesn't smile enough?

25 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

I think his attitude stinks and is showing Fulham a total lack of respect, we put up with his sulking here because he scores goals but can be so infuriating, he just needs to get on with it, get some form and fitness and come back here with a point to prove to Pearson 

How is he showing a total lack of respect to Fulham if you're saying he used to do it with us as well? 

28 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

I'm not sure why he has to prove a point to Pearson...I suspect Pearson might have moved on.

I still think Fulham did a job on him during the January window when he signed an extension for us....Promised him an exit if he gave them his all during the league and cup games (which he did,scoring several) then backed out as the window came to a close and kept him there...And hardly played him again.

Their only victory was to prevent him playing for us for the rest of the season but they ended up with an even more fed up player

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not sure why he has to prove a point to Pearson...I suspect Pearson might have moved on.

I still think Fulham did a job on him during the January window when he signed an extension for us....Promised him an exit if he gave them his all during the league and cup games (which he did,scoring several) then backed out as the window came to a close and kept him there...And hardly played him again.

Their only victory was to prevent him playing for us for the rest of the season but they ended up with an even more fed up player

Have you anything, any tiny little shred of evidence, to support this, or is it just fantasy?

On the one hand he's unlikely to get injured before next season if he doesn't play. 

On the other he needs to stay fit. Derby should get one of the fitness coaches to personalise a fitness plan for him to make sure he doesn't become too unfit while not playing.

It hasn't benefited anyone this move. We've lost our top goalscorer in a season where we really needed him. Fulham are paying out the arse for a player they simply refuse to play. Martin loses his fitness. On the plus side, I guess he gets a few more Saturdays before the end of the season with his family.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Well he did say he still thinks, so I would say it is his opinion, or fantasy as you put it.

I know, I just want to know upon what he is basing those thoughts on? It's a fairly firm theory, and there's nothing wrong with it, I'd just like to know where he got it from.

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

I know, I just want to know upon what he is basing those thoughts on? It's a fairly firm theory, and there's nothing wrong with it, I'd just like to know where he got it from.

Just putting 2 + 2 together.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think the one thing that really grinds me about the whole saga was Fulham being on the moral high ground about it, when there was no way they played a clean hand. The whole Martin refuse/didn't refuse to play thing for example basically dragged Martin through the mud. It was unnecessary and only led to some bogus 'player power' rubbish in newspapers,. They never once looked to protect Martin in the middle of that situation. The Derby unsettling Martin stories can be added into that too. I'm not saying Fulham acted unaccordingly, they acted in their interest but the way they went about it left me a bad taste in the mouth.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think the one thing that really grinds me about the whole saga was Fulham being on the moral high ground about it, when there was no way they played a clean hand. The whole Martin refuse/didn't refuse to play thing for example basically dragged Martin through the mud. It was unnecessary and only led to some bogus 'player power' rubbish in newspapers,. They never once looked to protect Martin in the middle of that situation. The Derby unsettling Martin stories can be added into that too. I'm not saying Fulham acted unaccordingly, they acted in their interest but the way they went about it left me a bad taste in the mouth.

Fair enough. Out of interest how do you think Derby have acted in all of this?

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Fair enough. Out of interest how do you think Derby have acted in all of this?

In no way perfect but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to correct a huge mistake. If they hadn't done then fans would  now be asking 'why didn't we try and get Martin back by any means necessary?', so they were damned either way. 

I think even if you are not the biggest CM fan, it's basic common sense that you don't let one of your biggest assets go on loan with no recall. It's getting these big decisions wrong that disrupt our seasons

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

In no way perfect but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to correct a huge mistake. If they hadn't done then fans would  now be asking 'why didn't we try and get Martin back by any means necessary?', so they were damned either way. 

I think even if you are not the biggest CM fan, it's basic common sense that you don't let one of your biggest assets go on loan with no recall. It's getting these big decisions wrong that disrupt our seasons

my belief at the time was that he had gone on a delayed permanent deal it was only later I realized that no contract negotiations had taken place between Fulham and CM, what a monumental load of rubbish which did none of the 3 parties any good

Archived