The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tombo said:

Back to seriousness though, I think he's been duped. The Joke has lied to him. 

Without knowing, I think the whole "debacle" was probably not entirely as Fulham's manager might have had you believe.

My speculation being that as well as McClaren letting him know he wanted him back at Derby, Fulham were either playing funny about giving him a permanent contract or letting him come back, ultimately leading to the fall out.

Seems pretty clear that Fulham's plan was use him this season then dump him, avoiding the big fee they'd have had to pay.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes but it doesn't say what you said:

Derby and Fulham's Chris Martin: 'He’s made his bed, now he has to lie in it' says Sone Aluko
Whites loanee is left at home - but that's just the way it goes says team-mate and now he's needed to score more goals.

Slavisa Jokanovic confirmed Chris Martin was dropped for the 2-2 draw with Cardiff on Saturday.

Martin’s performance against Wigan three games ago "bordered on the disinterested" (edit: their interpretation) before he was hauled off after 57 minutes.

And he was only used as a 62nd minute sub at Bristol City midweek for a tiring Floyd Ayite.

The debate rages as to whether Fulham's insistence the Scotland international honours his season-long loan after signing a new deal with parent club Derby last month was the right thing.

Team-mate Sone Aluko insists Martin has to make the best of it and regain form to help Fulham on the Championship run-in.

“It’s an interesting situation,” Aluko ventured.

“At the end of the day we’re footballers, and when you go out on the pitch all that other stuff is forgotten. You just want to score goals. He's done well."

Ignoring the interpretation and just using the quotes "He's done well' - must piss them off he won't dance to their tune!

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Where does it say 'not trying'? The 'disinterested performance' comes from the writer, so it's an opinion rather than from anyone official. That West London Sport are pretty bad and they were the same during the transfer window. Minimal research and quotes and making out opinions as facts. They could say 'when you go out on the pitch all that other stuff is forgotten' says Fulham striker and you could write the same article.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I think the implication is there Roy Mac....

That's the implication they want you to have though, it's there so people click on it

The 'disinterested' is an opinion, it might be true, but unless Jokanovic says anything then we don't know. They don't have the quotes to use so they have dressed it all up to look like that, it's shoddy journalism.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

That's the implication they want you to have though, it's there so people click on it

The 'disinterested' is an opinion, it might be true, but unless Jokanovic says anything then we don't know. They don't have the quotes to use so they have dressed it all up to look like that, it's shoddy journalism.

They are a local paper that follow Fulham, a bit like the DET. I am surprised that he has hardly featured since Deadline Day, maybe nothing in it, just thought I would post it.....

Archived