The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

57 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think the one thing that really grinds me about the whole saga was Fulham being on the moral high ground about it, when there was no way they played a clean hand. The whole Martin refuse/didn't refuse to play thing for example basically dragged Martin through the mud. It was unnecessary and only led to some bogus 'player power' rubbish in newspapers,. They never once looked to protect Martin in the middle of that situation. The Derby unsettling Martin stories can be added into that too. I'm not saying Fulham acted unaccordingly, they acted in their interest but the way they went about it left me a bad taste in the mouth.

Indeed. Hardly anyone questions Fulham's actions in all this. I bet if you asked most managers who sent a player on loan that if they wanted to come back to them would they be able, they'd say yes.

Fulham gave no sign of contract negotiations. When we played them and Martin was interviewed for Fulham TV he said he wanted his contract sorted - first and foremost.

Fulham now seem surprised to have a player on their hands that even if he is playing for them, many don't believe he is! There was a post of the FriendsofFulham board that said the other players didn't seem to be playing to Martin - well if true or not we know how it ends!

I wanted him back here - he would have made a difference to us. Fulham wanted to keep him for that reason for them, and so he didn't make a difference to us. So I have NO sympathy if they now find themselves with a player they think isn't giving his all. Plus given where Fulham are in the table I'm glad he's not scoring or setting up chances for Fulham.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Indeed. Hardly anyone questions Fulham's actions in all this. I bet if you asked most managers who sent a player on loan that if they wanted to come back to them would they be able, they'd say yes.

Fulham gave no sign of contract negotiations. When we played them and Martin was interviewed for Fulham TV he said he wanted his contract sorted - first and foremost.

Fulham now seem surprised to have a player on their hands that even if he is playing for them, many don't believe he is! There was a post of the FriendsofFulham board that said the other players didn't seem to be playing to Martin - well if true or not we know how it ends!

I wanted him back here - he would have made a difference to us. Fulham wanted to keep him for that reason for them, and so he didn't make a difference to us. So I have NO sympathy if they now find themselves with a player they think isn't giving his all. Plus given where Fulham are in the table I'm glad he's not scoring or setting up chances for Fulham.

Fulham are my tip to go up through the play offs.....went to the away game at Fulham and they looked very good against a Rams team playing well...

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Fulham are my tip to go up through the play offs.....went to the away game at Fulham and they looked very good against a Rams team playing well...

Hopefully with their 'distrust' of CM's efforts and Piazon breaking a jaw, that might slow them down some!

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

So he's back to his normal self then? 

Pretty much. Pearson may not have worked out but he's a great man manager(as evident with the Leicester players wanting him back). He shipped out the likes of Beckford and Mills because they couldn't be trusted and he started the process at Derby 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pretty much. Pearson may not have worked out but he's a great man manager(as evident with the Leicester players wanting him back). He shipped out the likes of Beckford and Mills because they couldn't be trusted and he started the process at Derby 

He didn't man manage Mel Morris too well, more like man handled................apparently. :whistle:

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

You've got a career in stand-up waiting for you with jokes like that!

A great man manager doesn't lose the entire dressing room in the first 2 months of the season and a great man manager doesn't need to ship out players and replace them with his stooges.

Pearson at Derby was nothing more than a man out of his depth without his usual support network keeping him in check.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

You'd want Pearson back here then?

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

What is the article about? I actually can't read it on my phone with all the cars flying out at me. Piece of **** website.

33 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You'd want Pearson back here then?

Didn't say that because he is clueless tactically but you'd have to an ostrich not to appreciative his man management skills

If he was so poor as many on this forum say then why do the champions of England want him back? Or maybe they aren't good enough for him and like Pearson said the players here think they are better than they actually are

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

You've got a career in stand-up waiting for you with jokes like that!

A great man manager doesn't lose the entire dressing room in the first 2 months of the season and a great man manager doesn't need to ship out players and replace them with his stooges.

Pearson at Derby was nothing more than a man out of his depth without his usual support network keeping him in check.

The likes of Benitez and Mourinho also lost the dressing room a number of times but both are appreciated for their man management skills. 

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Fair enough. Out of interest how do you think Derby have acted in all of this?

Perfectly and throughout, in my view. With the possible exception of no return clause but even that is understandable.

Manager one wants to move a player on.  Only/best deal open to DCFC was Fulham.  From what we know it sounds a good deal financially and for a player that manager one didn't want

Manager 2 returns and would like CM back.  CM would like to come back because he's fed up with not seeing his family and with the commute.  He also likes playing for manager 2.

DCFC explore with Fulham the possibility of CM coming back even though the loan deal doesn't mean that they can require it to happen.  Fulham refuse and their manager - who is the only person ever to have been publicly quoted on this topic - makes all kinds of accusations and insinuations about why CM is not playing; then he plays him; and then he drops him again (after the window is shut).  DCFC accept the fact that Fulham do not have to return CM.

Manager 2 says to DCFC: I would like CM to be part of my squad for 2017/18 but his contract runs out soon.  DCFC renegotiate the contract with CM.  By so doing they also, should they subsequently change their mind about CM, create a greater transfer value for him that would not otherwise have existed.

Sounds like DCFC have acted fine.

Edited

At Leicester Pearson had "his" team and they never wanted him to leave, that's just that one group,not a testimony to his man management.

Derby and Hull players far less impressed with his "man management"

How things looked after nine games with everyone walking around with a face like a slapped aerse suggests a certain management style wasn't having the effect intended....

I guess what I mean is, spending an extended time getting in only.people who like your style and are loyal to you doesn't signal good man manager, case in point, Nigel Clough, his teams are loyal to him but he demonstrated bad man management a few times over his time with us.

Archived