The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DEL said:

Here we go^

Great to see you back in Rams shirt Chrissy. 

No here we go... the fact Martin missed an absolute sitter goes unnoticed. If Russell or wieman did it you would be complaining but because it's our beloved wardrobe it's ok.

8 hours ago, Simsy said:

No here we go... the fact Martin missed an absolute sitter goes unnoticed. If Russell or wieman did it you would be complaining but because it's our beloved wardrobe it's ok.

The ball was played just behind him (is how it seemed on viewing last night) and he couldn't adjust quick enough.

He had one tricky chance as did Nuge and that was about it.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The ball was played just behind him (is how it seemed on viewing last night) and he couldn't adjust quick enough.

He had one tricky chance as did Nuge and that was about it.

Tricky chance... come on! I would back Sunday league players to bury that.

I am only making a point about it because he gets away with criticism from you lot but if it's Blackman Russell or wiemann then it gets its own thread.

Just now, Simsy said:

Tricky chance... come on! I would back Sunday league players to bury that.

I am only making a point about it because he gets away with criticism from you lot but if it's Blackman Russell or wiemann then it gets its own thread.

'Us lot'!? I wasn't the one bandying the best striker in the Championship stats about, Sky were.

He missed one chance. Weimann and Russell missed how many? (Russell had decent game imo btw)

10 hours ago, Simsy said:

You're correct in saying in it shouldn't be ok for any player to miss a sitter but it does happen. For me, the positive from the situation is that it shows that Vydra and Martin have an understanding and can obviously play off each other. Over the season therefore they are more than likely to score far more than they miss which only benefits DCFC. Far more important than any personal vendetta. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

'Us lot'!? I wasn't the one bandying the best striker in the Championship stats about, Sky were.

He missed one chance. Weimann and Russell missed how many? (Russell had decent game imo btw)

Don't insult the intelligence here man ... that was a god awful miss. god awful.

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

Not true. Can't be.

Can't be.

I do wonder what the facts are for gols scored over 2 seasons?

Or just maybe the players who have scored the higest number of goals each season  [over the last 2 or 3 seasons]have not been in the league for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Or just maybe the players who have scored the higest number of goals each season  [over the last 2 or 3 seasons]have not been in the league for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

They gone to the Prem? Or League 1? How many others are you trying to put in front of Martin in the stats? He's a good striker but we won't get the best out of him or any striker either if we don't support them.

What sort of fan gloats when one of their teams' players misses a chance or makes a mistake which leads to conceding a goal? Weird having a mindset which involves wanting someone who plays for YOUR team to fail so that in some strange way it might convince others that maybe you were right and they were wrong.

Martin was unlucky not to score and get get an assist last night. Great awareness from him to lay off Huddlestone with his chest in the first half. The ball through from Vydra did look like it was slightly behind him which means he has to readjust his body and unfortunately mis-hit the ball.

Regardless of the finish it's good to see Martin still getting himself in dangerous positions and hopefully he and Vydra can link up more throughout the season and form a good partnership.

It's a shame that fans have to try and twist stats/ performances to fit their narrative of a player being bad.

41 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Last night was a classic example of how not to use Chris Martin. Making Martin chase punts is like using Warwick Davies as a target man.

One thing with Warwick Davis, ewoks hard.

26 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

Martin was unlucky not to score and get get an assist last night. 

He had a major involvement in the first goal as well. Huddlestone barely played any of those raking forward passes he likes because Sunderland closed him down quickly all match.  He was able to play the one he played for the goal because of Martin's awareness and control to quickly lay it off to him, which gave him time to get his head up and pick out Russell.

Archived