The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

11 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Most people would give their right ear to earn a part of what footballers  earn.

Irrelevant - All wages (in the private sector) are about supply and demand - If someone is willing to pay it they'll pay it

11 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Repeat failings and histrionics would get you the sack in your day job and that's more of a reason to criticise. And that is why CM gets singled out.

Depends what job you do

There's no suggestion that in training or off the field Martin has anything other than a solid and dependable professional for us - The fact that he 'acts up' on the pitch is part of the job - And a fairly acceptable part of his specific job

(Assuming ability) I'd get sacked from being a footballer if I acted the way I do at work - I'm constantly questioning the way we work and the thoughts that go into it - Because I'm supposed to - You can't apply the same measures to every single job

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Simsy said:

Gray scored in 2 seasons what Martin did in 3 ;)

4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

2 less if you want to be picky. 

37 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Goals not seasons wally.

Well make it clear then Doris :p

* How did you know my name is Wally :lol:

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

3o6Mbl8AP0CTh2wAUw.gif

Not really clutching at straws though is it... the players in that list haven't played in the championship 3 seasons in a row. 43 in 3 seasons is only 14.3 goals a season which really isn't that great.

Rate Martin highly by all means but his goal scoring record won't be winning any golden boots.

48 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not really clutching at straws though is it... the players in that list haven't played in the championship 3 seasons in a row. 43 in 3 seasons is only 14.3 goals a season which really isn't that great.

Rate Martin highly by all means but his goal scoring record won't be winning any golden boots.

To be honest,I was just supporting a Derby player.

57 minutes ago, Simsy said:

But the same Ross McCormack that previously many of our fans were obsessed with signing has, and he's got less goals than Martin. Andre Gray was playing in a promoted side, so naturally would get a lot of goals, considering he was playing in a top side. Murphy was in the championship for the past 3 seasons, and Chris Wood's stats are padded out by a phenomenal season by himself last year. Martin has consistently got goals in this league, and this stat doesn't include his highest scoring season for us in the Wembley year. 

9 hours ago, cheron85 said:

You can't apply the same measures to every single job

Yes and on this I'm blind-sided because I don't know what you do. But I refer to the fact that I have had 45 years in work from working in a factory to being an MD in my own business. I'm retired now so more mellow but I've worked in businesses that if you questioned what  they do and how they do it - you'd be out on your ear; note these were not suitable for me as I challenge everything.

Diving maybe acceptable to some (evidently not to the FA this year and me neither) but pitch tantrums don't - you are representing your club, employer and fans. To me it's gross misconduct.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be honest,I was just supporting a Derby player.

You were looking for a reaction! I fully support Martin in a stadium. But In a rams forum discussion i just state he's really not as great as what people make out.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

You were looking for a reaction! I fully support Martin in a stadium. But In a rams forum discussion i just state he's really not as great as what people make out.

Neither is he as bad as others make out. 

As about the last 10 years worth of strikers have proven

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Exactly, and add all those penalties scored then subtract all the misses. For me all that counts is your last game and that was disappointing with the glaring Sunderland miss.

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Exactly, and add all those penalties scored then subtract all the misses. For me all that counts is your last game and that was disappointing with the glaring Sunderland miss.

Martin was one of the few bright lights in that game ninos.....what about nugents miss?

What are your thoughts on your messiah rowett then?...I take it you judge him on his last match too?......personally I've judged him on the last ten games and it's not been impressive up to now.

Mind you,I'm willing to give him time as I don't have an irrational vendetta against the fella.

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Only played half a season's worth of games at Fulham so it's nearer 17.2 goals a year which is top rank for the division.

Let's face it, that Neymar bloke's not fit to lace our Chrissy's boots :p

Martin has scored 26 goals [league and cup] in the last two seasons, not as bad as some think, but not as brilliant either as some think.

He has to prove something this season, as every season so far he has scored fewer goals season on season.

Archived