The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've got say this constant sniping at our players on here and making scapegoats of at least a couple of our players each season is really quite depressing....a couple of years ago it was Hendrick,then ince,then baird and of course the perennial favourite keogh.......and then when players like Hendrick and ince are sold and their wishes are granted,they moan about that....

This time,the whingers have targeted our constant top scorer Martin and won't shut up until the next match when he scores a cracker...

Don't forget JR who was lucky to control Huddz pass, get past the defender and fortunate to set up a goal.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to follow some of these moaning gits around every time they were at work and then slag and criticise them for every mistake they made or whenever they slacked off and didn't put 100% effort in whilst working and then never give any praise when they did well.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

around every time they were at work and then slag and criticise them for every mistake

I'm afraid that if it was a normal job - for the amount of money any squad player gets, they would be out on their heels. Praise be where it is needed and when things are done right. unfortunately if this was a normal business, for this amount of inconsistency, at this level - it would be bust. Pensions and all. 

2 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

I'm afraid that if it was a normal job - for the amount of money any squad player gets, they would be out on their heels. Praise be where it is needed and when things are done right. unfortunately if this was a normal business, for this amount of inconsistency, at this level - it would be bust. Pensions and all. 

I'd take his performances over those of the junior management where I work.

18 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd take his performances over those of the junior management where I work

Yes but guess that they are on less than ten quid an hour; compared to say on £20K a week, £533. Now there's the difference.

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't forget JR who was lucky to control Huddz pass, get past the defender and fortunate to set up a goal.

Not like he's been involved in 100% of our goals this season is it?

All the haters were quoting how dreadful his goals and assists rate was last season - 100% this season

19 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Yes but guess that they are on less than ten quid an hour; compared to say on £20K a week, £533. Now there's the difference.

They're on more than £10 an hour and would probably get paid a damn sight more if 30,000 people turned up to watch them work. My point is that the people who whine and bitch need to take a good look at themselves before launching into others.

20 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've got say this constant sniping at our players on here and making scapegoats of at least a couple of our players each season is really quite depressing....a couple of years ago it was Hendrick,then ince,then baird and of course the perennial favourite keogh.......and then when players like Hendrick and ince are sold and their wishes are granted,they moan about that....

This time,the whingers have targeted our constant top scorer Martin and won't shut up until the next match when he scores a cracker.....they then crawl back under the floorboards and disappear from the forums until an error comes along they can grab hold of and criticise.

It's this toxitity that unfortunately seems to pervade some aspects of our support and it's time for some to look at themselves and their attitudes before getting on the players backs.....there's no doubt that some of them and the management read these forums and it must be unpleasant reading for them.

Pardon those who have an opinion.. ?

20 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Last time I checked, the amount I'm being paid had no bearing on my ability, only my bank balance. Footballers may be in an enviable financial position but it's expectation not ability that rises with the wage bill. 

On 8/6/2017 at 19:47, RoyMac5 said:

That wasn't the point. The point was it was the ONLY chance and wasn't as easy as you make out.

Why weren't there more chances for Martin?

Agreed, we as inept at creating chances as we are at taking them. 

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

if 30,000 people turned up to watch them work.

Most people would give their right ear to earn a part of what footballers  earn. Because they are in the public eye they warrant criticism,  - so maybe this perhaps helps justify the dosh.

Unfortunately many, not just on here, are not capable of expressing the issues with these players eloquently for whatever reasons and now we get to the point that some players are targeted apparently(?) and some players are beyond reproach. For goodness sake this is football, it will always be the same and always has been. Even in the days when we had success, players like John McGovern were singled out for criticism albeit in those days their wages were only a little more than my father's. Then they had a point to feel a grievance.

Taking Martin as the example - such a big guy falling around like he'd been shot by a WW2 Bren gun makes people query his game play and thus we concentrate on his failings more. Now compare CM with the likes of Bryson; if  Bryson has a mare of a day -  we just say he didn't play well and it's then forgotten.

Repeat failings and histrionics would get you the sack in your day job and that's more of a reason to criticise. And that is why CM gets singled out.

Archived