The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

The fact that some of you are already slagging him off is a joke. Its one game out the season. Sort yourselves out. Same goes to the ones who think Davies (The one who has won promotion and played in the prem) is poor based on ONE game

I think some of our fans would slag Messi off

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Simsy said:

No here we go... the fact Martin missed an absolute sitter goes unnoticed. If Russell or wieman did it you would be complaining but because it's our beloved wardrobe it's ok.

What about Nugnet chance?

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Last night was a classic example of how not to use Chris Martin. Making Martin chase punts is like using Warwick Davies as a target man.

I agree. So what we are saying is that hes not very good unless we play one style 4-3-3 where we keep the ball on the ground and have midfield runners. Think about it.

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I agree. So what we are saying is that hes not very good unless we play one style 4-3-3 where we keep the ball on the ground and have midfield runners. Think about it.

No. That's not what we're saying. It's about the rest of the midfield and front players, whoever is up there if as a lone striker.

Some fans barely concealing their glee that Martin missed a 1 on 1 last night. Utterly, utterly bizarre.

It was poor and you'd expect him to get his head over it and bury it usually but the joy some posters get from seeing our own players 'fail' is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Some fans barely concealing their glee that Martin missed a 1 on 1 last night. Utterly, utterly bizarre.

It was poor and you'd expect him to get his head over it and bury it usually but the joy some posters get from seeing our own players 'fail' is pathetic.

No Derby fan has glee about that don't be ridiculous. Frustration maybe yes. Anger maybe yes. Same goes for Butterfield Weimann ... fans are irritated cuz they are holding us back. And I'd include Rowett in that annoyed group too.

37 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No Derby fan has glee about that don't be ridiculous. Frustration maybe yes. Anger maybe yes. Same goes for Butterfield Weimann ... fans are irritated cuz they are holding us back. And I'd include Rowett in that annoyed group too.

The vitriol against our own players is what's 'ridiculous'. Don't tell me that seeing Martin miss an easy chance doesn't make you a little bit moist. We're one game into a long season having come away with a gritty draw away to Sunderland. We weren't great but we weren't awful either, Martin or any other player for that matter, wasn't stand out bad. Using that game to beat our own players with a stick and point score with smug  'I told you so' overtones is nauseating.

Anyway, I believe you and I had a little bet going that Martin would be in the starting line-up against Sunderland. Want me to send you my bank details? Or do you want to make a donation to the running costs of the forum?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Do you really think I still read what you say on this thread after nearly a year of you constantly contradicting yourself and constantly moving the goalposts. We get on absolutely fine outside of this thread but you really do have the blinkers on when it comes to Martin?

Martin and Vydra looked very good in a 4-2-3-1 with a partnership, got us up the pitch much faster and almost got us a goal.

That's a style that isn't 4-3-3? Didn't play in a 4-3-3 at Fulham too, was still one of their most effective attacking players.

I have no idea why you insist that Martin can only play in one system despite not seeing him play any league games under Rowett, other than last night? And even then we saw him look good in a different system last night!

Also, what's your point about him needing midfield runners in a 4-3-3? We've spoken about this so many times now. Every striker needs midfield runners in a 4-3-3 outside of about 3 strikers on the entire planet and I don't think we've got much chance of getting Romelu Lukaku in.

You think Martin should just be able to get the ball hoofed up to him and with no other players waltz through their defence and score all on his own. That's the striker you want. Those strikers cost about 80 million.

Why do you think we shouldn't play to our players strengths? Chris Martin's scored the most goals out of anyone in ten championship the past three seasons?! Why wouldn't we play to his strengths, he's clearly the most prolific in the league when you do. I'd argue that for 15/16 we didn't even play to his strengths and he's STILL the top goalscorer.

We've been have been having this same argument for well over a year now, your logic and argument has been proven to be completely flimsy countless times and you still harp on like I, and other Martin fans, need to "think about it".

Give me a break.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Do you really think I still read what you say on this thread after nearly a year of you constantly contradicting yourself and constantly moving the goalposts. We get on absolutely fine outside of this thread but you really do have the blinkers on when it comes to Martin?

Martin and Vydra looked very good in a 4-2-3-1 with a partnership, got us up the pitch much faster and almost got us a goal.

That's a style that isn't 4-3-3? Didn't play in a 4-3-3 at Fulham too, was still one of their most effective attacking players.

I have no idea why you insist that Martin can only play in one system despite not seeing him play any league games under Rowett, other than last night? And even then we saw him look good in a different system last night!

Also, what's your point about him needing midfield runners in a 4-3-3? We've spoken about this so many times now. Every striker needs midfield runners in a 4-3-3 outside of about 3 strikers on the entire planet and I don't think we've got much chance of getting Romelu Lukaku in.

You think Martin should just be able to get the ball hoofed up to him and with no other players waltz through their defence and score all on his own. That's the striker you want. Those strikers cost about 80 million.

Why do you think we shouldn't play to our players strengths? Chris Martin's scored the most goals out of anyone in ten championship the past three seasons?! Why wouldn't we play to his strengths, he's clearly the most prolific in the league when you do. I'd argue that for 15/16 we didn't even play to his strengths and he's STILL the top goalscorer.

We've been have been having this same argument for well over a year now, your logic and argument has been proven to be completely flimsy countless times and you still harp on like I, and other Martin fans, need to "think about it".

Give me a break.

I believe Rowett yes Rowett sees Vydra and Nugent as a good pairing. Don't see where he's ever indicated he prefers martin playing with Vydra. Or did I miss something ?

8 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Tbf,pretty hard to get your head over the ball when it's not in front of you.As others have said,it looked slightly behind to me-just unfortunate.

Great to have you and @Ninos back Toddy. You've been very quiet since you made an utter **** of yourself with your farcical claims about Martin staying at Fulham, being sold to Wolves, yadda yadda, blah, blah ad nauseam.  It's really nice to see that Chris's miss yesterday has reinvigorated you. I look forward to another season of the pair of you spouting utter shizzle and rubbishing the majority of the squad in that inimitable fashion of yours.

oldgits.jpg

7 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Tbf,pretty hard to get your head over the ball when it's not in front of you.As others have said,it looked slightly behind to me-just unfortunate.

Correct....Russell and Martin are clearly re-establishing their relationship...that pass from Russell was very reminiscent of their work together prior to last year...and Martin doesn't miss many like that one,shame it was slightly short but there's more to come??

8 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I haven't seen it again, you're probably right about it holding up on him. At the time I thought it was a decent chance and Martin's own reaction would suggest he felt so too. Normally you'd expect him to tuck it away but I guess my point was more about certain posters reactions to it. He'll bang in plenty of goals this season.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Great to have you and @Ninos back Toddy. You've been very quiet since you made an utter **** of yourself with your farcical claims about Martin staying at Fulham, being sold to Wolves, yadda yadda, blah, blah ad nauseam.  It's really nice to see that Chris's miss yesterday has reinvigorated you. I look forward to another season of the pair of you spouting utter shizzle and rubbishing the majority of the squad in that inimitable fashion of yours.

oldgits.jpg

Relax bud. It's just a forum and it's just opinions. Peace out.

Archived