The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I struggle to see how Martin can score more than 10 goals this season if we play and set up like we did on Friday. Russell and Weimann were like dogs trying to chase a bone. I have reservations whether Martin will be able to perform in the premier league but we aren't there yet so I'll ignore that.

The issue isn't Martin himself, but the players around him. None of them are on the same wavelength as him. In the whole squad, I'd say the only players with a similar footballing IQ to Martin are: Baird,Davies,Huddlestone,Thorne ,Butterfield and Nugent. We sold two of our more intelligent players in Hughes and Ince and have replaced them with no-one at this moment of time.

Of them players, only Butterfield(whose confidence has been completely shot) and Nugent are the forward thinking players. 

The solution is to get Nugent and Martin on the pitch starting together as much as possible because they are both intelligent and can feed off each other otherwise there's no point in even having Martin and might as well sell him.

Just now, McLovin said:

The solution is to get Nugent and Martin on the pitch starting together as much as possible because they are both intelligent and can feed off each other otherwise there's no point in even having Martin and might as well sell him.

Before last nights match I heard Rowett saying he'd wanted to try Vydra and Nugent. Why not Vydra and Martin? Am becoming nervous that Martin will be used as a lone striker with no support and @McLovin's forecast of 10 goals might be optimistic. Buying Che Adams wouldn't alter that either.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Before last nights match I heard Rowett saying he'd wanted to try Vydra and Nugent. Why not Vydra and Martin? Am becoming nervous that Martin will be used as a lone striker with no support and @McLovin's forecast of 10 goals might be optimistic. Buying Che Adams wouldn't alter that either.

4-3-3 with our current squad is finished. We don't have the midfielders or wingers to play it anymore. Martin was at his best when he had players like Dawkins and Bamford around him who would be able to keep the ball and allow the midfield runners like Hendrick to get involved.

4-2-3-1 is the way to go. I've been calling for this since February ?

53 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

But you said they had to have hm

No, they had the option under contract to buy him for £6 million [ which was part of the loan agreement] but they didnt want to take up that option even at £6 million!

1 hour ago, toddy said:

No, they had the option under contract to buy him for £6 million [ which was part of the loan agreement] but they didnt want to take up that option even at £6 million!

And I thought it was because Martin signed a new contract with Derby prior to the end of his loan period.

Oh well,I should have referred to the encyclopedia of #toddyfacts first.

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And I thought it was because Martin signed a new contract with Derby prior to the end of his loan period.

Oh well,I should have referred to the encyclopedia of #toddyfacts first.

Martin's contract extension had nothing to do with his season long loan deal, it only made us pay him thousands of pounds a week to actually play at Fulham.

Fulham had the option to buy him and they didnt take up the offer.......

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Martin's contract extension had nothing to do with his season long loan deal, it only made us pay him thousands of pounds a week to actually play at Fulham.

Because realistically they'd have had to match his Derby wages for him to agree.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because realistically they'd have had to match his Derby wages for him to agree.

if they thought he was a bargain at £6 million matching his wages would not have been an issue [the money saved on transfer fee]. Now we have him on £30.000 a week and he does not fit the system/style GR wants to play.....that's the problem with a striker that can only play one way...

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

And maybe Martin told them not to bother as he wanted to stay at Derby? Oh well, doesn't fit your narrative of Fulham not wanting him, so can't be the case right? 

Just now, toddy said:

if they thought he was a bargain at £6 million matching his wages would not have been an issue [the money saved on transfer fee]. Now we have him on £30.000 a week and he does not fit the system/style GR wants to play.....

Derby could sign Ibrahimovic for free. But we don't want him, not even for free.

Rubbish player.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And maybe Martin told them not to bother as he wanted to stay at Derby? Oh well, doesn't fit your narrative of Fulham not wanting him, so can't be the case right? 

Of course he wanted to stay we are the ones shelling out 30 000 aweek on him. FFS!

GR is not a manager that looks willing to play 4-3-3  [like Mac of old did] - having Martin up on his own in system will never work when playing away- far too easly marked by two defenders.

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

Of course he wanted to stay we are the ones shelling out 30 000 aweek on him. FFS!

GR is not a manager that looks willing to play 4-3-3  [like Mac of old did] - having Martin up on his own in system will never work when playing away- far too easly marked by two defenders.

Ah,I see...rowett "accidentally" started the Sunderland game as a 433 formation with martin.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

How on earth did you come to this conclusion? We played one league match, and he started 4-3-3, you really are delusional. I'd understand being against Martin, but your bias crusade using fake facts and flawed logic is just pathetic. It's fine to have your own opinion, but don't actively lie to fit the points you're trying to make, at least use facts. 

Archived