Beer Thread

Cisse

23 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Thinking of getting a beerwulf sub, wondered if anybody had one and what they rated it? 

Not one of those but i did have one that took the 5 / 6 litre kegs that you can buy.

It was ok, it chilled it and kept it chilled but i felt it was just a bit of a gimmick and my 'draught' beer didnt really taste any different to canned versions.

I looked at one of these a while back out of interest but the price of the beers is expensive, not compared with a pint in the pub but compared with the same beer in cans.

If i had one of those 'Shed Pubs' that are becoming popular, i might invest just to have a 'pump' on the bar to give it a realistic feel, but dont think id bother otherwise.

10 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Not one of those but i did have one that took the 5 / 6 litre kegs that you can buy.

It was ok, it chilled it and kept it chilled but i felt it was just a bit of a gimmick and my 'draught' beer didnt really taste any different to canned versions.

I looked at one of these a while back out of interest but the price of the beers is expensive, not compared with a pint in the pub but compared with the same beer in cans.

If i had one of those 'Shed Pubs' that are becoming popular, i might invest just to have a 'pump' on the bar to give it a realistic feel, but dont think id bother otherwise.

That will be because it is essentially a jumbo sized can. Gone through the same pasteurisation process as a can rather than a keg. 
that’s why cans last up to a year and kegs a couple of months at the most. 

Cashed in some of my Beers of Europe loyalty points today.

• Het Kapittel ABT 75cl

• Gulden Draak 75 cl

• Het Kapittel Prior 75cl

• Kasteel Brune 75cl

• Mc Chouffe 75cl

• La Chouffe 75cl

• Lupulus Triple 75 cl

• St Bernardus Triple 75cl

• Saison Dupont Biologique 75cl

• Westmalle Tripel 75cl

• Val-Dieu Grand Cru 75cl

• Kasteel Cuvee du Chateau 75cl

There's not a great choice available at the moment in the big bottles

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the kegs from BeerHawk which sit under the Philips beer dispenser? 

I note Leffe and La Trappe are both available in 6 litre kegs and I thought I might buy one for my son-in-law (before I visit his bar) 

??

I’ve been doing a massive detox so I haven’t had a drink for 11 weeks. I’ve lost loads of weight but it’s been difficult. I’ve carried on buying beers when I’ve seen something I fancy and I’ve bought loads of good whiskies.

I’m planning to have my first drink next Friday (this might do out of the window depending on the tension / result tomorrow!), so my question is which one of the lovely beers in my garage should I crack open first? I’ve narrowed it down to:

Vocation Imperial Honeycomb barrel aged 

Vocation barrel aged mole poblano stout 

Vocation barrel aged rum & ginger stout

Gulden Draak

Rochefort 8

St Feuillien Grand Cru

Straffe Hendrik Quadruple 

Tynt Meadow

Vocation Life & Death IPA

I imagine after 12 weeks my tolerance level will be pathetic so I’ll be trolleyed if I go for one of the Vocations. I really fancy the mole poblano stout, it’s incredible but it’s 11.5%!

26 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’ve been doing a massive detox so I haven’t had a drink for 11 weeks. I’ve lost loads of weight but it’s been difficult. I’ve carried on buying beers when I’ve seen something I fancy and I’ve bought loads of good whiskies.

I’m planning to have my first drink next Friday (this might do out of the window depending on the tension / result tomorrow!), so my question is which one of the lovely beers in my garage should I crack open first? I’ve narrowed it down to:

Vocation Imperial Honeycomb barrel aged 

Vocation barrel aged mole poblano stout 

Vocation barrel aged rum & ginger stout

Gulden Draak

Rochefort 8

St Feuillien Grand Cru

Straffe Hendrik Quadruple 

Tynt Meadow

Vocation Life & Death IPA

I imagine after 12 weeks my tolerance level will be pathetic so I’ll be trolleyed if I go for one of the Vocations. I really fancy the mole poblano stout, it’s incredible but it’s 11.5%!

Probably ease yourself in gently with the Tynt. Then have a lie down before tackling anything else 

46 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tonight Matthew I'm listening to some old skool dance beats and drinking a bottle of Asda own label gin.

It doesn't get any better than this ?

I won't knock it.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a dirt-cheap malt whisky from Morrisons (£16). I'd never heard of it before, and I can't remember what it's called now. It was absolutely brilliant. Just checked their website and it's not there any more (or nothing rings a bell), which is a shame.

Theakston's Old Peculier in the glass at the moment.

6 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

A nice doppelbock dunkel to calm the nerves after all today’s excitement.6C5F9F99-80DF-4B51-8D1D-BD6AC4D0B26A.thumb.jpeg.ef39f4b6857d897f5dd6c4ca48d0d80e.jpeg

That's tasty. We picked a few up last week from Beers of Europe.

I celebrated with a rare beer - St Austell Black Square Imperial Stout.

464114234_blacksquare.jpg.58bc52ace8494dbe68a7a76f1e2b1eb9.jpg