Beer Thread

Cisse

On 26/02/2021 at 17:30, Steve How Hard? said:

I've got mesen some of these for the game.(pineapple milkshake ipa) Had one the other day and really enjoyed it. Best thing is I'd not even realised it had a Ram on it until I'd cracked the first one open. ?

20210224_165955.thumb.jpg.9f889b084e303b6ca52e7e6b8dc109d2.jpg

Her indoors has just waded in for a few cans of this. Hopefully it will take the edge off our Coventry performance.

Not only do we have the same taste in mugs @Steve How Hard? we also have the same taste in kitchen tiles and a taste for beer that tastes like beer with a pina colada in it!

13 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Same as you I've been intrigued by it but haven't tried any of the products yet. Must have driven past it 1000s of times and never realised it was there!

Yeah I’m gonna sample a bottle of gin from them I think.

Having my first child at the start of April so I was planning to get a bottle of their rum to have as something a bit special plus something I can open and then put back in the bottle if I’m knackered in the evening and fall asleep before finishing a beer!

I know this makes me seem my number 1 priority will be wasting beer but I’m just like to plan ahead!

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

@Eddie and other Belgian fans. I got a bottle of St Stefanus Blonde to have tonight. First time I've drank this year so didn't want anything too strong. How does this beer rate?

Also got a Punk IPA and a Shelby IPA (by order of the Peaky Blinders).

It's 'run of the mill' as far as beers by Van Steenberge are concerned - but it is still very tasty indeed. Something like 7% abv, a lovely looking beer.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

My order has finally cleared Customs, after 16 days in the bonded warehouse in Castle Donington.

Delivery of the new Belgian strain is scheduled for tomorrow.

It never turned up.

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It never turned up.

I got my first delivery last week since Brexit, (part of my business not beer unfortunately).

Would normally have arrived Tuesday, but turned up 6pm Friday, so too late for me to deliver it to my customers before the month end. So I will get paid a month later than normal!

It had been stuck in the DHL customs black hole in East Midlands airport for three days, even though I'd got all my EORI details set-up with them to prevent this scenario. Total fail by DHL UK, they are struggling to keep up with the paperwork.

Thanks Brexiteers.

Edited by Grumpy Git

11 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I got my first delivery last week since Brexit, (part of my business not beer unfortunately).

Would normally have arrived Tuesday, but turned up 6pm Friday, so too late for me to deliver it to my customers before the month end. So I will get paid a month later than normal!

It had been stuck in the DHL customs black hole in East Midlands airport for three days, even though I'd got all my EORI details set-up with them to prevent this scenario. Total fail by DHL UK, they are struggling to keep up with the paperwork.

Thanks Brexiteers.

Delivery re-scheduled for today.

Fingers crossed.

On 03/03/2021 at 00:56, Eddie said:

My order has finally cleared Customs, after 16 days in the bonded warehouse in Castle Donington.

Delivery of the new Belgian strain is scheduled for tomorrow.

If it was in Castle Barnard, would we have to call it the Belgian Eye Strain?

12 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Thanks Brexiteers.

Surely not with our oven ready world class trade deal.  

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I was on the Frankfurt to Brussels one a couple of years ago, it was doing 320kph at one point (200mph).

That's always been one of the things that's impressed me about Belgium and The Netherlands - the rail travel. So fast, so reliable and so cheap, relatively speaking.