Beer Thread

Cisse

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Match day beer of the day for me 6.7% Abbey ale

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/stbernadus-pater-6

image.thumb.jpeg.97f96d5b638f2624e3d2149b3cb50b7b.jpeg

Absolutely wonderful brewery. They were the guys who originally brewed the beers for Westvleteren (St Sixtus Abbey) before they brought it in-house. St Bernardus Abt 12 is the original Westvleteren 12. When the monks started brewing it themselves, they kept the same grainbill but changed the yeast.

On 15/04/2021 at 19:27, Eddie said:

I have just made a stupid error of judgement.

I let the Memsahib have a sip of my current favourite beer, Urthel Samaranth.

Unfortunately, she loves it.

I did really enjoy it when I had it the other week. Maybe it was just me being influenced by the spiel on the bottle but I did detect the slight chocolate note it describes.

I've found a heck of a lot of the lesser renowned Belgian beers on BOE pretty disappointing tbh, but not that one.

On 17/04/2021 at 00:08, Coconut said:

I did really enjoy it when I had it the other week. Maybe it was just me being influenced by the spiel on the bottle but I did detect the slight chocolate note it describes.

I've found a heck of a lot of the lesser renowned Belgian beers on BOE pretty disappointing tbh, but not that one.

I'm the opposite, really. Although there are not many beers to truly rival the likes of Westmalle Tripel, St Bernardus Abt 12 and just about anything from the Rochefort stable, I am thoroughly enjoying tonight's lineup of Keyte Dobbel-Tripel, Keyser Karel Charles Quint and Moinette Ambree.

4 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Post gardening reward beer. 

16191151327366770738802793094960.jpg

Tesco I presume?

If you're going to have a supermarket lager best make it a 'proper' one, Tesco have done good there.

My favourite lager is Peroni Gran Riserva / Doppio Malto which used to be in Sainsbury's but apparently now is in Morrisons

I love Titanic Plum Porter, but a couple of days ago I came across a similar beer from St Peter's brewery, Suffolk in Morrison's, Coalville called "St Peter's Plum Porter" (amazingly enough). 

Just tried it - a little sweeter than Titanic, but nice all the same. Will buy again.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Tesco I presume?

If you're going to have a supermarket lager best make it a 'proper' one, Tesco have done good there.

My favourite lager is Peroni Gran Riserva / Doppio Malto which used to be in Sainsbury's but apparently now is in Morrisons

The Paulaner Munchener Hell is probably the best German lager I've ever seen in a UK supermarket, and The Memsahib loves it.

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

Tesco I presume?

Yeah, Tesco. Decent price too. £2 I think.