Beer Thread

Cisse

17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I feel conned: Some years ago in Cornwall I discovered this nice little local beer called Doombar. Gradually it has spread its reach to loads more areas and even chain restaurants. Somehow it seemed to taste different. Now I know why!

Bought a case recently and looking at the label it plays up the Cornish heritage, local ancient brewery, etc. Then right at the bottom it says BREWED IN BURTON!

Yes, they were bought out by Molson-Piss in 2011.

20 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I feel conned: Some years ago in Cornwall I discovered this nice little local beer called Doombar. Gradually it has spread its reach to loads more areas and even chain restaurants. Somehow it seemed to taste different. Now I know why!

Bought a case recently and looking at the label it plays up the Cornish heritage, local ancient brewery, etc. Then right at the bottom it says BREWED IN BURTON!

I'm sure someone on here said the draft kegs are still brewed in Cornwall, and the bottles and cans in Burton.

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm sure someone on here said the draft kegs are still brewed in Cornwall, and the bottles and cans in Burton.

That sounds right, although not seen a keg in over a year, probably be a few more months before we start selling it again. 

56 minutes ago, David said:

No beer garden at your place then?

We have a street licence but no point opening this month, no passing trade, no one going to the train station. Any poor weather then we'll definitely have no one as got no umbrellas. We'll be opening next month when people are allowed inside, and less restrictions, but we still won't be getting any ale on draft as we will end up wasting it as it only lasts 5-7 days once it is on. 

Having bought 2 bottles of Magnús Frúktus, sadly it was even worse on second tasting.  Akin to fermented cat piss.  Yes, i am aware of the implications of saying that, for a moment just imagine me imaginative.  Again, interesting buzz though.

Er Þetta Hönnun? (Is This Design?) printed in thick black letters on a dark purple background was the next i tried.  It's a beer i guess, but leaves a dry flour taste on the lips.  Not a design and not nice.

Steðji easter brew.  Okay, now we're talking.  A slightly dark, very rich and tasty beer with a nice foamy top.  Beautiful.

I've been teetotal for nearly 50 years.

The one drink that could knock me off the wagon is.......

Newcastle Brown!

When I worked at a yeast processing plant in Burton the drivers would slip us bottles of

Marston draught screw top!

Two mighty fine ales but locals used to insist that neither of them travelled far from the brewery.

(Certainly not with some of my muckers at that time that's for sure!)

On 06/04/2021 at 09:24, FindernRam said:

The cask is brewed and packed in Cornwall. The majority of the bottles and the cans are done in Burton. If they weren’t you’d have no chance of buying it so easily. 

the canned version is much nicer than the bottle.