Beer Thread

Cisse

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

20210618_151417.thumb.jpg.8181d69ca206fe6c0f34f8dfaa9f293e.jpg

Got some of these for the game. Never seen these before. I've had the ones brewed in bourbon and rum barrels but not this one. 

Pretty much the beer that got me into trying stronger and more interesting beers about 9 years ago.

Back then though it was actually aged in barrels, for a long time now they've used a method where they break down barrels, toast them and put them into the beer tanks. To many it's sacrilege! 

You can taste the difference if you were lucky enough to have had 'the original' years ago but even now I've got a soft spot for it.

The branding now has actually reverted back towards how it used to be, unfortunately due to marketing decisions that includes the clear bottles (not good for the beer)

10482896.jpg

Edited by Coconut

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

WRONG

There are 72.

Cheers.

I've just opened a bottle of Divine Intervention (I think I called it 'Inspiration' before). The others are already in the beer dungeon, and won't see the light of day for another year or two. It'll be interesting to see how it ages.

One heck of a beer, and it really does justice to the Belgian quads that inspired it. I've emailed the brewery to see if I can buy a dozen when I pop down next month. If not, I'll just have to buy another couple of packs, I suppose.

I think it tastes like a cross between two different, specific and very remarkable beers - I won't say which ones, but I'll wait until you've got your pack.

Got this for Fathers day, brilliant ? 24 different beers, some peanuts and crisps and glass and come socks. Cheers Kids you played a blinder ?

2CEB30B7-5BB4-4616-8723-4FFBE851D971.jpeg

Edited by TexasRam

Hi there, an Irish Pub/Restaurant has just opened about 10 minutes away from us. I wondered how

Kilkenney Cream draft  rated on here, I am not a Beer Whisperer, obvoiously, but thought it was rather good in

a diferent/smooth sort of way (not a lot of bite thou).

They do have a large array of Irish whiskeys, and in particular the recommended one was fantastic,

Teeling Small Batch, so if you haven't tried this before, do so now and let me know what you think!

9 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It seems to be revered by quite a few on here but I'm gonna stick my head above the parapet and say I didn't like. 

giphy-35.gif.30cf6ae5f2048ea5d26b8a398bb99e49.gif

Thanks Steve. You are probably a bit like me, and enjoy a more conventional ale. Give me a Harvey’s Sussex Best, Wadsworth 6x, Timothy Taylor Landlord or Fullers London Pride any day of the week. Marstons Pedigree too, although not easily available down here on the Riviera. That posh Belgian stuff is just enhanced Stella I have found, but just wondered if that bottle was worth opening or sticking straight in the recycling.

Edited by i-Ram

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Steve. You are probably a bit like me, and enjoy a more conventional ale. Give me a Harvey’s Sussex Best, Wadsworth 6x, Timothy Taylor Landlord or Fullers London Pride any day of the week. Marstons Pedigree too, although not easily available down here on the Riviera. That posh Belgian stuff is just enhanced Stella I have found, but just wondered if that bottle was worth opening or sticking straight in the recycling.

Just mix it half and half with lemonade, then share it with @Angry Ram.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Sage. I haven’t had a Leffe Blond, but we are saying strong and hoppy then. Just like the Aussie men enjoy their Kangaroos.

I imagine the Kangaroo isn't as chilled during the experience.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You wouldn’t be chilled if you were tied to a ducking Billabong Tree all day.

<pedant mode>

There's no such thing as a 'billabong tree'. A billabong is a blind channel or dried-up stream bed. The tree referred to in the song 'Waltzing Matilda' is a 'coolibah tree' - a hard wood gum tree from the eucalyptus family, native to the inland eastern parts of Australia.

</pedant mode>