Beer Thread

Cisse

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

I'm yet to venture into a pub (over a year now) but next week - oh yes, it will be done.

Tonight, I started with a Tynt Meadow and finished with a Trappistes Rochefort 10.

Both sensational.

Managed it for the first time in blody ages last night. Head a bit sore this morning but man that was good. Good to see people having a good time, felt very safe and very civilised. 

On 04/05/2021 at 23:04, sage said:

Had a Peroni Doppio Malto today. Not bad.

Excuse the mess. It's the butler's day off.

IMG-20210504-WA0013.jpeg

On 09/05/2021 at 00:05, sage said:

Got me through the game. Grundies on the end of the radiator behind the Riggwelter.  Something for the ladies.

IMG-20210508-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20210508-WA0010.jpeg

On 14/05/2021 at 20:50, sage said:

Some good news. Tripel Karmaleit is now £5 a big bottle in Morrisons too.

Here I tonight's tipple. Ok but not great.

20210514_203356.jpg

On 17/05/2021 at 23:57, sage said:

Tonight's Tipple

IMG-20210517-WA0026.jpeg

IMG-20210517-WA0024.jpeg

On 21/05/2021 at 18:04, sage said:

Been inside pubs this teatime for the first time in over 8 months.

Half a Hartshorn Ignite, which is an ok pale ale and a pint of Revolution's Swoon, a chocolate fudge stout which was splendid. 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Cheeky little one

16220556948972353316473625427994.jpg

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Tis cheeky for you, Mr  “off it” ?

Finger on the pulse I see. 

15 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Cor, what’s that like?

Gorgeous. A little alcohol warmth but not overpowering. Nice and sticky, very drinkable. Lethal.

https://www.tartarusbeers.co.uk/collections/beer

I've got two others from them still to drink - CTHULHU West Coast TIPA 12.0% / Kludde Belgian Quadruple 11.5% - bought from a new micropub in Littleover (Triple B's) at a little bit too much of a markup (though they have 15% off this weekend)

You’re doing well to type coherently after a 17% beer! Sounds lovely.

We’ve been at mates this afternoon and I’ve worked my way through some very nice Vocations. Also a couple from Burning Soul brewery near me in Brum. Highly recommended if you haven’t tried any of theirs.

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

You’re doing well to type coherently after a 17% beer! Sounds lovely.

We’ve been at mates this afternoon and I’ve worked my way through some very nice Vocations. Also a couple from Burning Soul brewery near me in Brum. Highly recommended if you haven’t tried any of theirs.

To tell you the truth I only really come alive after a few beers, I stop worrying about trying to write everything down exactly as I'd like it. It's often the tiredness that gets to me more than the drunkenness, although I am prone to a drunken rant I'll regret and delete in the morning,

Typically I get more and more verbose, right up until it all tips towards comatose. The stonger the drink the longer my words!

I've heard of Burning Sky but not Burning Soul, I don't think.

Which Vocations, may I ask? They've been my go-to brewery this past year (I've just this second finished a can of the 15 Mile Round Trip, but I've not been impressed so much with their last few releases and have even missed a couple out!

Edited by Coconut

20 hours ago, Coconut said:

To tell you the truth I only really come alive after a few beers, I stop worrying about trying to write everything down exactly as I'd like it. It's often the tiredness that gets to me more than the drunkenness, although I am prone to a drunken rant I'll regret and delete in the morning,

Typically I get more and more verbose, right up until it all tips towards comatose. The stonger the drink the longer my words!

I've heard of Burning Sky but not Burning Soul, I don't think.

Which Vocations, may I ask? They've been my go-to brewery this past year (I've just this second finished a can of the 15 Mile Round Trip, but I've not been impressed so much with their last few releases and have even missed a couple out!

It was an afternoon session so I didn’t have anything too strong. It was Smash & Grab, Life & Death, Perfect Storm and a collab with Salt Beer Factory. All really good.

I know what you mean about the latest  barrel aged releases, they’ve been a bit samey.  The best I’ve had from them is the mole & poblano one, I’ve still got one left that I’m saving for the right time.