Derby v Ipswich

Mafiabob

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget that the last time we beat Ipswich at home was 29 November 2006 and even then it took a 90th minute winner.

Our team that day was Bywater, Edworthy, Michael Johnson, Bisgaard, Boertien, Leacock, Steh Johnson, Jones, Barnes, Howard and Stead.

That line-up alone rams home just how long ago it was and it's not as if we've not played them much in ten years. They're a true bogey team at PPS.

Since that date we've beaten them four times at their place but the home record reads L0-1, L1-3, L1-2, D0-0, L0-1, D4-4, D1-1, L0-1.

As I live in tractortown, I'm sck of ten years worth of abuse so please sort this out Derby.

With Pearson and Dull Mick McCarthy, we will be in for a dire heap of dross and I can't see us scoring yet again.

Do we know where Camara is with his fitness, we'll need him in to replace Russell. Really hope Anya is fit. If Anya is out i'd bring in Max Lowe before Ince I think!

Feeling positive about this one which is odd because I'm normally nervous before Ipswich games as they can be sods to play against. But seeing as nothing else is going as I would have expected this season then surely that trend continues.

Bryson and Wilson to score. Clean sheet to make it even better.

Not too hopeful for this one, Ipswich will cause us problems at set pieces and Newcstle have shown how weak we are from them. Suspect Pearson will stick with his uninspired 442.

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell  Olsson

Russell    Bryson    Hughes     Anya

Wilson    Vydra

That will be the team I think. An to be honest unless Pearson undergoes a complete change of heart regarding the formation he uses it's the best possible one he can put out.

Drop Russell? For who? Who will cover Christie when he bombs forward, runs into a cul-de-sac and loses the ball? Butterfield? The man can barely sprint 10 yards, wasted on the wing he would be. Camara? Not fit. Weimann? Not fit and worse on the ball in wide areas than Russell. Blackman? We saw how that's worked out so far this season (although I think if he works hard he'd be better in this position than up front). Ince? Doesn't track back enough.

Johnson in for Bryson? Not enough energy in midfield. Johnson in for Hughes? Not enough creativity and we have precious little of that as it is.

Anya will play if fit, Ince if he isn't.

Bent, waste of a starting spot up front. Ditto for Blackman.

Shackell, useless on the ball. Pearce is of similar ability but not as good defensively so that's not going to happen. Could've done with another ball playing centre back to help Keogh out, but we shipped him off to Wigan (he wasn't bad to have around in the dresssing room either).

Not positive for tomorrow, but I live in the hope that Pearson proves me wrong.

Sounds like we are going to be struggling for wingers in this one - Russell, Camara, Weimann and maybe Anya all out. We'll probably end up playing our goal scoring machine Blackman on the right and Ince on the left.

19 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

I think Shacks is the best defender. He just needs to give the ball to somebody who can pass and do it quicker. Just a simple 5-10 yard pass to Olson, Keogh or any of the 2 CM's 

Avoid passing to Ollson. He can only pass backwards or sidewards.

Carson, Olsson, Keogh, Shackell, Christie, Hanson, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ince, Martin - 433

Oh wait...

Nah lets go 442 with two central midfielders who aren't suited to said system, a pacy winger on one side and instruct him to get the byline and put in floated crosses for our 5ft 11inch strikers, a CF on RW, and two strikers with a combined tally of eight league goals in their last 59 Championship appearances.

Derby v Ipswich. Battle of the hoofers.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Carson, Olsson, Keogh, Shackell, Christie, Hanson, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ince, Martin - 433

Oh wait...

Nah lets go 442 with two central midfielders who aren't suited to said system, a pacy winger on one side and instruct him to get the byline and put in floated crosses for our 5ft 11inch strikers, a CF on RW, and two strikers with a combined tally of eight league goals in their last 59 Championship appearances.

Derby v Ipswich. Battle of the hoofers.

Hang on thought you're not going to post again for rest of the season? But you're still here.. Lol

Archived