Derby v Ipswich

Mafiabob

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't think i'm ever going to forgive them for that stunt. One of the most horrible experiences I've had at pride park.

It was but i dont think there was any intent, fair play to the lad he came out after and apologised and even george said its one of those things.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Russell injured is a blessing in disguise. 

I was amazed on Saturday that 1. he started and 2. he somehow stayed on the pitch

Playing badly yes, playing injured yes it seems but the manager believes he can give us more than those on the bench! Which tells a totally different story.

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't think i'm ever going to forgive them for that stunt. One of the most horrible experiences I've had at pride park.

One of just two times I've left early through choice. I honestly could have cried. Never heard a crowd go so quiet before.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

New chant tonight: "What's it like to score a goal?".

Not advocating bad language but I prefer,

"We're winning at home! We're winning at hoooooooooooooome. How **** must you be?........we're winning at home!

Or if end up beating them tonight. "We lose every week, we lose every weeeeeeeeeeek. How **** must you be?   We lose every week!

I accept it's negative in a way but meant to be a bit of fun thatif we take the lead and then again if we manage to God forbid win! Gallows humour. :D

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Some of these chant ideas take me back to the Premier League season "lets pretend we've scored a goal" and all that. Surely its not bad enough that we have hit the gallows humour stage yet!

Not me but it depends on your expectation levels I suppose.

Was just chucking some out there.

I like self deprecating sarcastic chants though in a strange way. Rather that than let the atmosphere get nasty and boos and abuse ring around the ground.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not me but it depends on your expectation levels I suppose.

Was just chucking some out there.

I like self deprecating sarcastic chants though in a strange way. Rather that than let the atmosphere get nasty and boos and abuse ring around the ground.

I wasn't having a pop, it just seems to be one of the stages of football fans. They get angry, then they turn to humour! I agree I would rather have the latter of the two, the vitriol helps nobody.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I wasn't having a pop, it just seems to be one of the stages of football fans. They get angry, then they turn to humour! I agree I would rather have the latter of the two, the vitriol helps nobody.

Haha, no probs Juan. I'd love it if that was your real name. :)

I think most of those kind of chants I've been involved in were during long bouts of losing and firing blanks towards the end of seasons where relegation was the almost inevitable outcome. Derby having not won at home in 3 is hardly a similar scenario in which to trot out these sorts of songs like you say.

'Come warm your bones, make yourself at home. Darling, smile. We are right as rain. Oh, we all need love, that simple love. And we are whole again.’

‘In the still of night, by the desktop light. We can dream. A dream that never ends. Oh we all need love, that sweet-sweet love. That makes us whole again.’

‘Yes I need you, darling, come what may. You’re the strength that gets me through the day. Meet me at the old cafe. I’m on my way. Oh, we’re whole again! We’re whole again! Yes we are whole again.’

replace with 

Come warm your bones, make yourself at home. Derby, smile. We are right as rain. Oh, we all need goals, oh simple goals. And we will sing again.’

‘In the still of night, by the iPro light. We can dream. A dream that never ends. Oh we all need goals, those sweet-sweet goals. And we will sing again.’

‘Yes I need you, Derby, come what may. You’re the strength that gets me through the day. Meet me at the old cafe. I’m on my way. Oh, goals again! Goals again! Yes we've scored goals again'

Russell injured? What about Anya ? Might be knackered if anything else. So soon after newcastle game might bring in fresh faces. Is weimann fit? Maybe butterfield and Johnson too? Anyone but Blackman. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Russell injured? What about Anya ? Might be knackered if anything else. So soon after newcastle game might bring in fresh faces. Is weimann fit? Maybe butterfield and Johnson too? Anyone but Blackman. 

Anya had cramp, should be ok now surely. weimman not ready until later this week.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Camara and Weimann both out until later in the week I think. Russell injured and Anya was a doubt, so I assume he will have no choice, but to play Blackman. Blackman might score for us tonight though, i doubt it, but there is a first time for everything.

Carson

Christie   Keogh     Rawson    Olsson

Anya    Butterfield   Bryson    Johnson

Hughes 

Vydra

Subs: Mitchell, Shacks, Bird, Ince, Blackman, Wilson.

All out attack tonight - these players are perfectly capable of thrashing Ipswich. Hughes advanced please!!!!

Archived