Derby v Ipswich

Mafiabob

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Makes more sense than playing any of the as a wide man in a 442. Butterfield is good but he looks like he is running in treacle most of the time.

Well I suppose I agree with the wide man part of that. For me Hughes is the only one of the 3 who would be even remotely capable of playing as the holding midfielder, but then you have to completely sacrifice his attacking ability. Bryson would work hard, but again he needs to be a lot further forward to get the best out of him. Butterfield as well is the most likely to score of the three, but for me he doesn't bring a great deal of anything else to the team - certainly wasted in a defensive role. However since we have consistently refused to replace Thorne we have to work with what we have I suppose.

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Makes more sense than playing any of the as a wide man in a 442. Butterfield is good but he looks like he is running in treacle most of the time.

Sounds like we are sticking with 442 according to the radio - don't know why Ince isn't playing on the wing with all the injuries.

Archived