James Wilson

Cam the Ram

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not discrediting your info, but how have you heard it if it's been recorded ready to be aired on Monday? You'd have had to be close enough to hear with your own ears surely?

Hopefully true though. The new American poster sold him to me, I'd seen Yedlin a couple times but not enough to base a thorough opinion on. Having Yedlin and Christie would give us two full defences which could easily do a decent job at this level.

Add a wide player and a striker and our squad is set to go.

Still need the correct player in the DM role until GT returns 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Completely agree, Kernow. Add Wells/Kodjia and Mcmanaman and we're flying!

Would like either but those are the only two names in question because they're the only two we've gone for. New names could enter the frame that would fit just as well. If we go for Kodjia/Wells then we're basically accepting the fact we are going to have to pay big. Wells will set us about £8mil at least, and you can add a couple more on for Kodjia. However it was mentioned on the forum earlier (can't remember where now) that apparently NP said we had a couple bids rejected for McCormack? Unsure how true that is, but I'd like it to be true purely because absolutely nobody heard of it. We have one bid for Forestieri and it breaks 100 pages, I expect bids for McCormack would have drawn as much interest on the forum. If we're going about our dealings very quietly then we could be signing someone we've only known we were linked to when it was officially announced.

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Still need the correct player in the DM role until GT returns 

I agree but who would you go for? Do we go for a loan from a PL club? We can't sign another CM without letting one go so any permanent DM would be dependent on a buyer for another midfielder.

Football Manager moment here, but I would personally go for 4-2-3-1 which would mean another DM needed. Gunnarsson from Cardiff who we were linked with for £2mil would be great business

A line up of the following would take some beating in my opinion...

Carson

Yedlin - Keogh - Shackell - Forsyth

Hughes - Gunnarsson/Thorne

(Winger) - Ince - Blackman/Russell/Weimann/Camara

Martin/Wells/Kodjia/Wilson

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not discrediting your info, but how have you heard it if it's been recorded ready to be aired on Monday? You'd have had to be close enough to hear with your own ears surely?

Hopefully true though. The new American poster sold him to me, I'd seen Yedlin a couple times but not enough to base a thorough opinion on. Having Yedlin and Christie would give us two full defences which could easily do a decent job at this level.

Add a wide player and a striker and our squad is set to go.

Was standing next to Dawes who was standing next to Bradley who was doing the interview with Pearson, then chatted with both regarding both players.

Dawes then called hq to tell them not to play the interview today as they both aren't announced and to save for Monday morning news. 

Just now, Ram@Lincoln said:

Was standing next to Dawes who was standing next to Bradley who was doing the interview with Pearson, then chatted with both regarding both players.

Dawes then called hq to tell them not to play the interview today as they both aren't announced and to save for Monday morning news. 

Fair enough, no reason for you to lie. Good signing then, that's all bases covered in the defence, just a couple more to go!

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Ed and Bradders have called this story made up. Guess we'll see on Monday,

Just been reading abit on the Manchester United forum about the lad and they think he his quality. 

I wish the best for the lad, find it mad how people are undermining him before he has donned a Derby County shirt. Heard this before when we signed a certain fella called Chris Martin

3 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

Just been reading abit on the Manchester United forum about the lad and they think he his quality. 

I wish the best for the lad, find it mad how people are undermining him before he has donned a Derby County shirt. Heard this before when we signed a certain fella called Chris Martin

@Eddie was the same when we signed Steve Bloomer from Derby Swifts. 

4 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

4 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

Don't think anyone is undermining him and we all hope he does the business. His record at Brighton was mixed. Interesting that they weren't interested in re-signing him?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Look at the minutes played, not the matches. His time on the pitch equates to 13 matches

Spot on. The 5 in 25 stat is a bit misleading. His goals for time in the pitch is very good. Everytime I've seen him play I've been impressed and he should get better.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don't think anyone is undermining him and we all hope he does the business. His record at Brighton was mixed. Interesting that they weren't interested in re-signing him?

He's got some talent for sure but he went missing a lot during games. It was almost like he was only involved when someone gave him the ball. There didn't appear to be a huge desire to work for the team and go and win the ball back and make something happen. He's young though and that's not uncommon, it's a bit of a jump from U21s football to the Championship. He also looked like he was unwell and knackered all the time. He's not a bad player and he has it in him to make something happen and he's got some decent striking instincts but he was probably a bit too much of a passenger. 

4 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

He's got some talent for sure but he went missing a lot during games. It was almost like he was only involved when someone gave him the ball. There didn't appear to be a huge desire to work for the team and go and win the ball back and make something happen.

He's going to fit right in here. Those comments could apply to so many in our squad.

Archived