Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

We learned last season that we won't win games with Blackman and Bent on the pitch. Similarly with Hughes and Martin in the bench. At least one of them is now on. 

I'd argue us fans actually know he players better than Pearson as we've seen more of them. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be said we sound bad, no-one seems to be playing well, all a bit all over the place, i think NP has asked them to play a system they cant adhere to ?  a bit like last year when we went hit and hope as Bent just isnt gonna get on the end of hoofs

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

This isn't a quick fix, I'd settle for mid table even bottom half this season, and let Pearson sort out the mess we've gotten ourselves into with overspending last season. We need to be patient now more than ever imo

I'm all for giving someone time but there is no way this squad should be finishing in the bottom half.

Darren bloody Wassall managed to sustain play off form with them for goodness sake.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

We learned last season that we won't win games with Blackman and Bent on the pitch. Similarly with Hughes and Martin in the bench. At least one of them is now on. 

I'd argue us fans actually know he players better than Pearson as we've seen more of them. 

I'd argue us fans don't know anywhere as much as we think we do. Some who claim to watch us regularly don't rate Keogh or Martin, which speaks volumes for their judgement!

Just now, nottingram said:

I'm all for giving someone time but there is no way this squad should be finishing in the bottom half.

Darren bloody Wassall managed to sustain play off form with them for goodness sake.

Season over if we aren't winning by half time. All but mathematically relegated now.

3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

This isn't a quick fix, I'd settle for mid table even bottom half this season, and let Pearson sort out the mess we've gotten ourselves into with overspending last season. We need to be patient now more than ever imo

We weren't in a mess last season. Clement was supposed to build on Mac's team. It didn't quite work but we were still in the top 5. 

Wassall was to try again. He had mixed results but still made the play offs in which we showed the best and worst

Pearson isn't stepping into a mess. We don't need rescuing.

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

Nonsense. We finished in the play offs!

The squad is not a mess. He has come to manage a good squad. He is playing them in a formation they are not used to. 

Most silly thing I have read on here! 

Sounds like Bryson for the 3rd game running is playing deep.... its not his game for heavens sake is it, his game is box to box and running on, not running back and fetching the ball or trying to be a DM.

This is not working is it....

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I do wonder what NP has seen in Bent, Ince and Blackman that makes him think this is his best three forwards. Easy to play against.

Might not be what he's seen as much as what he hasn't seen from others.

Hence the bids for new attackers.

Archived