Chris Martin

Lord_Ram

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 01:36, sage said:

It's hard to know where to start, there's so much wrong here.

60 goals in 131 games in the last 3 seasons. Great assist rate. 

Come on Agenda Boy, do you really believe this 'very poor' business? 

15 goals in the last 48 games.The trouble is you can bend stats around to fit anything.I prefer to watch them play and base my opinions on what I see using my own judgement. On that method I think he has been very average this season and very rarely looks dangerous,He relies too much on flicks-on therby copping out of taking on the responsibility himself. He knows it looks good and fools a lot of people. I am reminded of the expression "flatters to deceive". by the way I don't have any particular opinion on Ince but if you don't shoot you don't score.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I have noticed is that hardly any fans apart from Derby fans rate Martin highly. A lot of the fans of other clubs I have talked to on my travels have called Martin a "donkey"  and they don't rate him. The Hull fan that came on here made some good points relating to Martin, that defenders love playing against players like Martin because he is easy to play against rather than strikers with pace like abel hernandez. Have we been wrapped up in a bubble thinking Martin is better than he is?

His goals record and appearences say he is doing the business. Are Sanders, and Sturridge regarded as club legends. Pretty sure he recently over took those 2.

He still has the best touch and vision at the club after Hughes. How many chances do we create just because of Martin, the answer is a lot. And how many times in early round cup games have we only gone though and created something once Martin comes on as substitute because those fringe players just arent doing the business?

I still think Pace is the only reason hes not in the premier league.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

His goals record and appearences say he is doing the business. Are Sanders, and Sturridge regarded as club legends. Pretty sure he recently over took those 2.

He still has the best touch and vision at the club after Hughes. How many chances do we create just because of Martin, the answer is a lot. And how many times in early round cup games have we only gone though and created something once Martin comes on as substitute because those fringe players just arent doing the business?

I still think Pace is the only reason hes not in the premier league.

those fringe players arent given a fair chance i agree he has done well for us in the past but has had few good games since december and should have been subbed on many occassions but wasnt what signal does this give to players on the bench

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

15 goals in the last 48 games.The trouble is you can bend stats around to fit anything.I prefer to watch them play and base my opinions on what I see using my own judgement. On that method I think he has been very average this season and very rarely looks dangerous,He relies too much on flicks-on therby copping out of taking on the responsibility himself. He knows it looks good and fools a lot of people. I am reminded of the expression "flatters to deceive". by the way I don't have any particular opinion on Ince but if you don't shoot you don't score.

1 goal every 3 games? Bend away.

He doesn't take responsibility for himself? So how is he the top scorer for the club every full season he has been here?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

One thing I have noticed is that hardly any fans apart from Derby fans rate Martin highly. A lot of the fans of other clubs I have talked to on my travels have called Martin a "donkey"  and they don't rate him. The Hull fan that came on here made some good points relating to Martin, that defenders love playing against players like Martin because he is easy to play against rather than strikers with pace like abel hernandez. Have we been wrapped up in a bubble thinking Martin is better than he is?

Because other fans see players from other teams 2-3 times a season on average, not exactly a decent amount of games to form an opinion. Did they think he was a donkey when we beat Hull 4-0? He made Dawson and Davies look like they should have been playing Sunday mornings in that game.

If you want to get an unbiased opinion have a look what journalists write and say about him.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

When Derby players use Martin how they should viz viz balls to his feet (or even to his chest and below, I would say that he is incredibly hard to play against. The number of goals and assists he has over the last 3 years suggests that your good point making Hull fan is talking out of his botty!!!

53 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

those fringe players arent given a fair chance i agree he has done well for us in the past but has had few good games since december and should have been subbed on many occassions but wasnt what signal does this give to players on the bench

It gives a signal that they should have upped their game in training and when opportunities did come their way.

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

He relies too much on flicks-on therby copping out of taking on the responsibility himself. 

Or he's taking on the responsibility of wanting the ball in the final third and giving it to his team mates…

10 minutes ago, Derby_Dave_nee_Marilyn said:

I am sure I read somewhere that Chris Martin has created more chances from open play this season than any other championship player.  Not too shabby if true. 

i think rose tinted glasses is a apropriate phrase!

6 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

I'd say the whole team has been average this season as two thirds of the season were spent going side to side. All that extra sand outside the Ipro was to fill in the trench our centre backs created with PCs tactics ;) 

Generally speaking I hate making sweeping judgments but anyone who thinks Martin isn't one of our best players knows very little about football.

If you want to pour scorn on my opinion, and many do, ask Will Hughes. My mate asked him who is the best player at our club and he replied 'Chris Martin by a mile, he can do everything'.

Give Chris a break,perhaps he hasnt been as effective in alot of games this season,perhaps he should have been subbed a few times when he wasnt,perhaps even not have been selected at times considering the squad we had.

But he doesnt pick the team or create the tactics and am sure he gave as much as anyone in the team this season

Derby are defo a better team with Martin in the side, we lose him over the summer, it will be one of the biggest challenges faced by a Derby manager in a long long time to find a decent replacement, Martin is one of the best forwards outside the premier league , and I for one really what to see Martin in a Derby top, come the start of next season.

28 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not had time to read this thread.

I assume its about people who would sacrifice their first born to worship at the altar of the best CF outside the Premier League.

Not my first born, but maybe my third born, if by sacrifice, you mean sacrificing her name. I'd totally call her Chris (it can be a girls name), but unfortunately, it's also the name of my best mate, and he'd just think I was naming her after him. And that's really gay, even more gay than professing my undying love for Chris Martin. Besides, my wife would probably have something to say about it. And I have to admit that Liliana is a nicer name (no offence to any Christine's out there, but it is, so there).

Can I sacrifice the name of my first born goldfish instead?

Archived