Chris Martin

Lord_Ram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There are some scary upcoming right wingers.....

Across Europe these up and coming right wingers are everywhere.

Mostly due to the migrant crisis with Syrian Refugees.

Are we still talking about football?

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Mascarell was **** and Whitbread. Cant remember Russell being injured but you might be right. With those injuries surely we should of changed the system?

I am not blaming it ALL on Martin but I think we could certainly upgrade on him though. Its not his fault no manager will properly drop him or change the system although he would probably be the first to have a moan about it.

We will not make the top 2 with this system and chrissy up top. Mark my words.

Exactly right. New system and new pacey striker. 

9 hours ago, Simsy said:

I don't need to watch a video I've seen enough of him for the last few years. We have 1 striker where most teams have 2. He is used as a target man where other teams don't have target men. Its got to be easier to get assists when players are constantly aiming for you up front.

We need a striker who can score over 20 goals and a striker who can actually run at a defence. When we go behind I never get the feeling oh its ok Martin will turn the screw for us.

Well lucky for us we've got a striker at the club who's scored over 20 goals in 2/3 of the last three seasons

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Otherwise failure again 

It's not been the same system since Martin got injured against Bournemouth with us sitting second in the league!

The shape is not the system! 

Clement's system was completely different from McClaren's and I'd ever argue that our shape under Clement was more of a 4411. Against Preston Hendrick was as good as playing up front!

And Wassall/Redknapp's was completely different from either McClaren's or Clement's!

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

Well lucky for us we've got a striker at the club who's scored over 20 goals in 2/3 of the last three seasons

Just think how many he could have scored if he'd a)  not gone to ground like he was shot, b) chased all of the balls he could've chased willingly, c) not thrown a mardy, readable with his body language, to all the opposition.

And for the record I like Martin.

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Anyone know why he's pulled out of the Scotland squad? 

Any of the following reasons really

1. He is fat

2. He is lazy

3. He is a diver

4. He doesn't have any pace to run in behind

5. When he doesn't play well ie. Carry the team. We play poorly

6. Scotland have changed their system to 4-4-2

7. Bent is better

8. He doesn't score or assist enough

9. He doesn't get on with ince

10. Scotland have decided to "cash in on him"

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Why did Mel get Clement when there was little evidence that he was going to play like Schteeve did? Had the Derby Way not crystallised at that time.

"The Derby Way" was created on the hoof in the morning after the evening Clement was sacked. Until then there was no Derby way  - just an unexplained vision of where the owner thinks we should be. If the problem was purely football then A N Other like 'Arry would have been introduced part time to offer guidance to PC.

Most folks understand that PC trod on something that was football but we may never know what it was.

The thing is we are now blessed/cursed with the mantra of "The Derby Way", so we best get on with it.

I hope we don't have to live with it like the infamous BBG curse, 'cos I'll be long dead before we get to the Prem.

3 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

"The Derby Way" was created on the hoof in the morning after the evening Clement was sacked. Until then there was no Derby way  - just an unexplained vision of where the owner thinks we should be. If the problem was purely football then A N Other like 'Arry would have been introduced part time to offer guidance to PC.

Most folks understand that PC trod on something that was football but we may never know what it was.

The thing is we are now blessed/cursed with the mantra of "The Derby Way", so we best get on with it.

I hope we don't have to live with it like the infamous BBG curse, 'cos I'll be long dead before we get to the Prem.

I'm guessing a football?

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Complete and utter ********.

Mel set out his vision for the club going forward well before then, it was reported on here late May/Early June 2015 and is still there to be seen by those who can be arsed to look for it.

There is a large sign at moor farm stating The Derby Way as long ago as two years back

It was in reference to young players being trained and educated in the right way with the aim of being well rounded of they did or didnt make it

Thats what we were told when our kids came into the academy

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Complete and utter ********.

Your view  - categorically never called "the Derby Way" and never alluded to a Derby playing style or management style; merely a corporate vision.  Perhaps you cannot get this or  just you buy in to the PR.

BTW not anti Mel just don't like history being modified/re-written.

Archived