Chris Martin

Lord_Ram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21 May 2016 at 01:26, Ninos said:

The reality is that he's very poor but some are just used to having him around and he was in there when we played good attacking football involving flick passes. Stick a real quality striker in there who can strike a little fear into a defence - no not sammon ffs - and we are going to propel ourselves into the next division easily because who can compete with a Thorne Bryson Hughes midfield in this league ???? No one. 

With the likes of Villa and Newcastle in the division with him as our focal player we are well and truly toast in terms of the automatics. New manager new vision new centre forward. Full stop.

Chris Martin is poor? Riiiighto. 

On 21 May 2016 at 08:32, alanmarklewis said:

This is a load of *****, to say his best days are behind him is ridiculous.

For a start Martin has never has never had to rely on pace just pure ability, he is only in his late twenties so I imagine his best days are yet to come or he is at the very least well within them now.

We definitely shouldn't get rid of him but it wouldn't kill us to find another formation which suits him in order for us to play two up top.

My opinion is that he was struggle to recapture his best for Derby now. Things are going to change and whoever comes in won't persist with a failed system.

That isn't to say Martin can't go elsewhere and achieve something. I just think his best days at Derby are done.

Like I said, good player, but were too reliant on him having a good game for things to work. And let's face it, that doesn't happen often enough.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not had time to read this thread.

I assume its about people who would sacrifice their first born to worship at the altar of the best CF outside the Premier League.

He is joint 8th goalscorer  with 15 goals,Andre Gray came top with 25. Not the best CF in the league.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not had time to read this thread.

I assume its about people who would sacrifice their first born to worship at the altar of the best CF outside the Premier League.

You mean best cf outside of the premier league in ENGLAND. Even so he isn't. There were football league strikers better than Martin this past season like Andre Gray,Ross Mccormack,Abel Hernandez, Hemed, Nakhi Wells and Kodja

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 19:52, YouRams said:

Id love to see him play with someone like Andre Gray call me old fashioned but I love a 442 with a Martin type and a pacey striker playing off them. 

Dwight Gayle :wub:

14 hours ago, sage said:

Generally speaking I hate making sweeping judgments but anyone who thinks Martin isn't one of our best players knows very little about football.

If you want to pour scorn on my opinion, and many do, ask Will Hughes. My mate asked him who is the best player at our club and he replied 'Chris Martin by a mile, he can do everything'.

As someone who obviously doesn't know anything about football,i agree that he is one of our best players,in fact I have said so on many occasions.I am afraid his best days are in the past,and this season.he has disappointed,hence his lowest goal tally since he started playing regularly for us,and I noticed he seemed to lack the hunger to score.

5 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

As someone who obviously doesn't know anything about football,i agree that he is one of our best players,in fact I have said so on many occasions.I am afraid his best days are in the past,and this season.he has disappointed,hence his lowest goal tally since he started playing regularly for us,and I noticed he seemed to lack the hunger to score.

Maybe this is his lowest tally, because he had one of his most defensive managers for most of the season. Is it a surprise that a lot of our players goal tallies have dropped, I doubt you would think all of there best days are behind them.

I'm seeing a trend in that those who don't rate Martin rate pacey in behind players… how very odd. 

People also seem to be pointing to the highest scorers list.

Theo's games to minutes ratio in his last season with us was only 7 minutes worse than Andre Gray's this season. 

Goals aren't everything. If you can't see the amount of ability Martin possesses, his footballing intelligence,  his vision and his physicality… then you have no hope. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

I'm seeing a trend in that those who don't rate Martin rate pacey in behind players… how very odd.

People also seem to be pointing to the highest scorers list.

Theo's games to minutes ratio in his last season with us was only 7 minutes worse than Andre Gray's this season.

Goals aren't everything. If you can't see the amount of ability, intelligence, vision and physicality of Martin… then you have no hope.

24 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Maybe this is his lowest tally, because he had one of his most defensive managers for most of the season. Is it a surprise that a lot of our players goal tallies have dropped, I doubt you would think all of there best days are behind them.

Not strictly true. I rated Howard and Rasiak. ;)

40 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

What an oxymoron.

7 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I think if you are a centre forward,goals are somewhat up there in the list of requirements.

Do you think Billy Davies' team would have been as functional had we had a 25 goal-a-season poacher up front rather than 16 league goals Howard?

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Yeah and he has been our top goal scorer for the last three seasons. What don't you get about this?

He also has been our only regular striker with the leagues best midfield behind him. Don't you get that? ;)

Archived