Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Perfectly happy if Christie left, would even accept £1 Million for him. He has too many faults for me:

1) He has no idea how or when to pass the ball. He tries constantly to take on players when the easy ball is the better solution.

2) He doesn't do enough to stop his man or take route 1 defending when its needed. Poses a risk to the team.

3) His crossing is poor and doesn't cross at the right time. He has got better in this area this season because he has been crossing the ball earlier, but generally, still too many touches before crossing.

4) I don't think he is good enough in the air for someone his size. Forsyth I love because I think he brings a lot to the table. If you could have the same player as Forsyth or Christie at RB, who would you choose?

5) He doesn't push on enough by making runs behind the defence WITHOUT the ball. With the ball yes he does, but he never ceates space for Russell/Ince/Hughes by moving away from the ball. Always towards it.

Wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he moved on. I'd probably be happy.

You have no idea how or when to pass the ball!

:angry:

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:56, Tombo said:

So Hanley would leave Blackburn as they are overspending and are struggling to find a manager...

...to come to Derby.

Where of course, the situation is entirely different...? :ph34r:

Warnock strongly linked with Blackburn

5 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Hanley is a leftie and usually plays left sided centre back. If there's any truth in this, he won't be replacing Keogh. It is interesting that both Clement and Wassall pointedly avoided giving the armband to Shackell. I can only think that could be an indicator that he's not a huge contributor to team spirit.

Maybe (and this is based on the shaky assumption that Nixon is correct) Shackell is being moved on for the overall good of the 'team', not directly for his actual ability on the pitch.

Maybe it's not down to team spirit CR but Shackell does seem to be one of those players who moves regularly. I don't think he's spent more than two seasons at any club he's been at, certainly not in the last 7 or 8 years anyway.

I'm not a big Shackell fan anymore.

I think he's in it for the money, maybe he's looking to move again to get one final big signing on fee.

I don't think Grant Hanley is the answer, I agree he's a "proper" defender and by that I mean he's a bit of thug and an occasional liability.

I'd have Buxton over Hanley any day of the week, still.

26 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't think he's spent more than two seasons at any club he's been at, certainly not in the last 7 or 8 years anyway.

Except the 3 seasons at Burnley? :p

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why?

The amount of poor players with big transfers fees Redknapp has signed is staggering and shouldn't become the Derby way.

Usually every manager has some good and some bad signings but in 'Arrys case the bad ones are unfortunately much more common.

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

The amount of poor players with big transfers fees Redknapp has signed is staggering and shouldn't become the Derby way.

Usually every manager has some good and some bad signings but in 'Arrys case the bad ones are unfortunately much more common.

Why do people always think that other people are incapable of learning from their mistakes, or incapable of operating within the confines of a plan?

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Why do people always think that other people are incapable of learning from their mistakes, or incapable of operating within the confines of a plan?

Don't know about the rest, but for me, he has been in the business long enough to have learned already. What.. 30 years maybe?

He is bound to see top top players everywhere... nice lads as well. It certainly is good way to handle people in training but player recruiting is wrong place for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Nixon has said we're close to signing a new chief scout from a fellow Championship club. He's normally spot on with staff appointments so I imagine we'll hear something from DCFC/Bradley/Nicholson soon.

Nixon replied to a Derby fan saying he starts tomorrow (today, June 1st).

21 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nixon has said we're close to signing a new chief scout from a fellow Championship club. He's normally spot on with staff appointments so I imagine we'll hear something from DCFC/Bradley/Nicholson soon.

Nixon replied to a Derby fan saying he starts tomorrow (today, June 1st).

Good spot. It's someone called Clive Richards at the moment, who was only appointed in October: http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-appoint-clive-richards-as-chief-scout-2756796.aspx

bringing in Blackman and Camara. Fast turnaround but presumably a sign Nigel wants his own man. Sadly if he's Championship, it's not Steve Walsh.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good spot. It's someone called Clive Richards at the moment, who was only appointed in October: http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-appoint-clive-richards-as-chief-scout-2756796.aspx

bringing in Blackman and Camara. Fast turnaround but presumably a sign Nigel wants his own man. Sadly if he's Championship, it's not Steve Walsh.

Judging by Nixon's replies, it looks like the guy who's coming in contract ends presumably today as Nixon said he's not informed his current club he's joining Derby. So there's probably no compensation needed to bring him in.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hopefully chief scout from Brighton, they seem to sign a fair amount of good players. 

Sure we have had one from their last season come in last season.

Archived