What Went Wrong ?

loweman2

Just got back and I have got to say I am disappointed in our performance, just what went wrong ?

cant just say that Hull were more up for it, we were poor.

first 20 minutes were were in the game, Bradley Johnson was letting the game bypass him and he had little input from the kick off, he seemed to be just getting in the way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hindsight playing Johnson, and moving Hughes back were bad decisions and not remedying them even worse. 

Played way too many long balls, not sure what that was all about. No problem with us mixing it up a bit but that seemed to be out only tactic today.

Would have been happy to come out of today 2-0 down but I think the 3rd goal was a killer.

Johnson & Russell's inability to play simple 10 yd passes, too many dinked 40 yd passes to Martin/Ince's face, Hughes played far too deep and nobody giving him the ball, not shifting it quick enough to the front allowing Hull to sit 8 players centrally forcing us outside to sling in aimless punts to the best aerial players in the league, Waffall not changing things, just chucking on like for like players, Carson being beat by another pea-roller from 25 yds a'la Bristol City.  Oh and everyone wearing **** Nike Hyper Venom boots with no grips and spending half the game on their arses... 

yeah I would say that we didn't realise how much we had grown to rely on George Thorne over the past few weeks, his simple foot on the ball and pass style seems to work well in our current set up and starting eleven and we missed it today, also him Bryson and Hughes seem to have an understanding and a sense of where each of them are, today was just a shambles with Johnson just seeming to be in the way !

Any how short trip to Burton and Villa, and a weekend away in Newcastle next season barring a miracle on Tuesday !!

from start to finish an absolute shambles. It summed up Wassall as a manager for me when he bought on Bent with 4!!! minutes to play, 4 minutes!!, whats the f*****g point!!!! give him 20 minutes at least you clown. 

I disagree about Thorne being what went wrong. Passing was poor throuout the team, not enough urgency. I thought Butterfield showed some interest when he came on and there was a visible difference between him and the rest of the team in terms of trying to pick up the pace. Hughes was ineffective, one of the rare occasions when that happens. I think everyone underperformed - Thorne wouldn't have fixed that.

Get rid of the consistent bottlers who have a total loser mentality when it really matters in these massive games. Some have been doing it for 3 seasons and you have to get rid of most of those to progress.

Wassall - nothing needs to be said..out of his depth as he has been ever since he was given the job.

Would also say once they scored the atmosphere was morgue like but to be fair the players gave nothing back to the fans..nothing whatsoever.

Archived