Derby County v Hull City

not sure which of Hughes and Johnson I'd have at DM, as there's pros and cons for both. 

Based upon recent injuries I'd be scared of losing either of them (in particular Will) and so if we're giving them a role which is fundamentally about tracking back and defending then we may be opening them up to a potential new or recurring injury.

our midfield really does have to be up for it, swift and putting on a one touch master class to dumbfound their midfield trio. 

I'm hoping we're not too complacent due to our 2 wins already against Hull. On their day they're mustard.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cannot afford to have any of our players have an off day in these p;lay offs. We need some match of the season performances from key players. Key players who must not have a poor game are Ince and Russell. If they get chances, they will need to score them. We need a goal in the first half but I do not think that a one goal lead will be enough as a lead..

Ahalftimereport, Agree it's difficult to predict , and I know you would love a draw at the iPro I think out of the teams in the league we are the ones you didn't want. We are more than capable of beating you as has been shown. 

Hull are a very good team and I don't think we have seen the best of them or is it that we have something that you struggle against, a quick and committed midfield maybe, not sure. We all have teams we struggle against maybe Derby are yours. 

Will be a good game, as previously said the 0-2 and 4-0 counts for little, but if we score you will have doubts.

i don't underestimate you as I know what you can do but again we know what we can do as well

we will see

coyr

30 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Ahalftimereport, Agree it's difficult to predict , and I know you would love a draw at the iPro I think out of the teams in the league we are the ones you didn't want. We are more than capable of beating you as has been shown. 

Hull are a very good team and I don't think we have seen the best of them or is it that we have something that you struggle against, a quick and committed midfield maybe, not sure. We all have teams we struggle against maybe Derby are yours. 

Will be a good game, as previously said the 0-2 and 4-0 counts for little, but if we score you will have doubts.

i don't underestimate you as I know what you can do but again we know what we can do as well

we will see

coyr

Didn't really look at it that way myself, I wasn't fussed who we got. In all honesty, I don't think any team in this league is particularly strong, think that's why most of our fans are so disappointed we didn't go up automatically. This season, it's more been about ourselves, if we turn up we do well, if not we get turned over. That's been the case against yourselves and Brighton or Rotherham and Bolton.

Certainly you haven't seen the best of us this season, although I've probably only seen that twice this season, and I've only missed five games home & away I think. I think you were very disciplined at the KC and hit us on the break clinically twice, whilst we squandered our chances. That was the difference in that one. At your place it was pretty even until Davies slipped and you went 1-0 up. After that we were a shambles, then Odubajo saw red and it became a real mess.

I've really no idea which City team turns up, but like I said, if our players do themselves justice and we still lose I'll have no complaints, just don't want yet another joke of an away performance. 

If you were to pick any team that could make it to the Play Offs as opponents, you would pick Hull because we have beaten them twice this season.

If you were going to pick two teams not to play in the Play Offs they would be Burnley and Boro. 

If you wanted a team that you thought that you could get a good lead against in the first leg at home, you would choose Hull.

So far so good.

Will it be easy? It will not.

I think as long as we're not carrying a deficit for the second leg, we'll have a good chance.

My worst fear in this is being two goals or more down after the home leg.

If its one, we'd still give it a go but it'd be hard, but even and its all to play for.

Obviously, if we take any kind of lead in the first leg we'll be very confident, but a single goal would be slender against hull at their place.

In an odd way, I feel that the Ipswich performance isn't the end of the world, shooting off, crosses go to no one, right idea not quite finding the man, I think we'll show up on Saturday and on our day were a match for Hull on their day, and hull are going to be on their day.

I was impressed with our 0-2 win at Hull City, but it was quite alarming how many good chances they had. Maloney missed two sitters in all honestly, while a phenonemal Carson save denied Hernandez.

It was one of those games we were seemingly destined to win. But the 0-2 scoreline flattened us, especially as Butterfield's second goal was hardly the result of heavy pressure on their goal. It was a pot-shot.

I feel we simply have to win the first-leg. Don't fancy our chances of going to Hull with the scores level. If we lose the first-leg, then it's already all over I believe.

PistoldPete2
58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was impressed with our 0-2 win at Hull City, but it was quite alarming how many good chances they had. Maloney missed two sitters in all honestly, while a phenonemal Carson save denied Hernandez.

It was one of those games we were seemingly destined to win. But the 0-2 scoreline flattened us, especially as Butterfield's second goal was hardly the result of heavy pressure on their goal. It was a pot-shot.

I feel we simply have to win the first-leg. Don't fancy our chances of going to Hull with the scores level. If we lose the first-leg, then it's already all over I believe.

Its the play offs .. you never know. Forest , MK Dons , and a few others have got draws at Hull recently.. we have been playing very well and if anything have been unlucky not to get better results especially in recent games. I agree the home leg is our best chance cos Hull havent been too clever away recently whereas we have at home  and of course we absolutely mullered them at home even without Hughes.

Best of luck to Derby for the playoffs. Our fans over social media and at our matches have been quite heated at times but I had respect for you for really giving Brighton a game at there place despite already securing play offs yourselves. 

I think it will be a Brighton v Derby final. Now that will be an entertaining game. All the best.

On Saturday, May 07, 2016 at 23:36, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Saturday 14th May -12.30 ko

Home or away first leg of no consequence. Lets bang the drum, fly the flags, wave the scarves and roar til we're raw.

Brucey your guys are gonna get a good spanking (again). Even without GT our lads will run their statuesque midfield in to the ground.

Confident???? You betcha.

Think we'll win???? Yup

Player for player the only player i would select ahead of out first choice 11 would be Hernandez and even that is only a maybe.

We keep a clean sheet we will be Wembley bound. I'm actually pricing up train tickets to London as i pen this thread.

Sorry to post this on here but can't find how to start a post my wife is 30 this year and a life long season ticket holder and she's always want some baseball ground seat can anyone help me please 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We've had a lot of those this season, chance after chance go begging. Sometimes it's bad luck, most of the time it's the fact that we've only got one decent striker, and when he's out/not firing we're relying on our midfield for goals.

I agree that game at the KC was a tight one, decided by you taking your chances and us squandering ours, but it was still a very professional away performance. Don't think you can read too much into the 4-0, unless of course we don't turn up and then get a player sent off with a lot of football still to play, although, now I type it, that wouldn't surprise me a great deal. 

Agree with your last paragraph, first leg is of course crucial. I'd be happy with a draw, and a one goal deficit wouldn't be the end of the world. I fancy us to score but our defence has looked a little shaky in recent games, just as we've started scoring again. 

20 minutes ago, l14mtx said:

Sorry to post this on here but can't find how to start a post my wife is 30 this year and a life long season ticket holder and she's always want some baseball ground seat can anyone help me please 

Tickets are on sale now to ST holders, and go on sale tomorrow at 10 am to non ST holders.

Hope that helps.

If I've misunderstood, apologies and feel free to post pics on here.

9 minutes ago, l14mtx said:

Sorry mate she has her tickets I am looking for old baseball ground seat for in are garden if u can help at all thanks

Oh right, no idea on that but I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction!

Good luck, great gift if you can make it happen.

In response to the discussion about our midfielders and their tackling ability: 

George Thorne - averages 3 successful tackles per game this season

Jeff Hendrick - 0.8 per game 

Craig Bryson - 1.4 per game 

Jacob Butterfield - 1.8 per game 

Chris Baird - 1.4 per game 

Bradley Johnson - 1.8 per game

Will Hughes - 2.7 per game

I wasn't going to include Will, because of his lack of games, but he's the next best after George at winning the ball in midfield. Not a shock really considering he made about 8 tackles at Brighton inside the first half. That adds to my wanting him to be the deeper of the midfield three. Yes you miss him doing his stuff further forward, but we've other super talents in those areas. But yet again the stats are surprising, not to me, but will be to some on here, as Butterfield and Johnson have the same success rate in the tackling department whereas Bryson and Hendrick are the least effective. Yet only one of our midfielders has been described in this thread as unable to tackle. The one with the most goals as well....

I'd pick Hughes deeper of the three with Butters and Bryson ahead. Were Johnson match ready/fit, I'd have him in for Bryson who's been ineffective at best in recent games despite the opinions of the intelligentsia. But whoever plays in midfield will need messrs Ince and Martin to show up better than they have in the last two games. Russell has been our standout player in recent weeks, easily so, yet he's often forgotten too. There's a few players who it seems can be poor and a few who have to be great at all times. It's the Derby way, maybe. 

Time for someone to make themselves a hero. Or villain. :D

2 hours ago, l14mtx said:

Sorry mate she has her tickets I am looking for old baseball ground seat for in are garden if u can help at all thanks

Baseball ground seats

Started by Ramplinho, 4 Oct 2013

I typed in Baseball Ground seats for sale and it came up with an old thread on here from 4 October 2013 (above)

Not really that much to debate. We need to win the first leg so got to be positive. Back four and front three pretty much pick themselves. Hughes will start, Bryson needs to be in as man to get beyond Martin. 

So only question is does Butterfield, Hendrick or Johnson come in. Baird hasnt played and is too negative a pick for home leg.

Personally I'd go Butterfield holding...if we are not dominating first half then I'd bring Johnson on left and drop Hughes back. But really got to be about playing on front foot, moving ball quickly and getting inside Hull heads... which we can do as they were truly dreadful the other week, very slow in the middle and at center back.

Archived