Derby County v Hull City

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Diverson not deflection . Defenders who turn their back on a shot deserve a rocket...... plain and simple cowardice.

2 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Wassall out whole team out screw it I'm out

You have no ******* clue

It's all over already. There is no way we'll come back from this.

Aside from Johnson who has been awful, we've not actually played that badly. Just up against a better team who look solid at the back, and dangerous going forward.

Feel sorry for Martin. He's been our best player by a mile.

Dreadful performance and all the luck with Hull.  Just a question of how many Hull are going to put past us if this doesn't change in the second half, but no evidence to suggest we can based on that performance.  What a crushing disappointment

They have to show something else second half or its tie over. Unfortunately Derby just don't perform when it matters most, it's been our habit for the last few years. Also can someone remind Keogh that he is a centre back, not Jay Jay Okocha, stop tryna skin people. And while your there, remind Johnson he is in the playoffs.. Really need to stop being sloppy. Infact, that's the same message for 8 or 9 of them out there.

I don't like this formation but I feel that we should take Johnson off n put bent on 4-4-2 all out attack for the second half. What have we got to lose now.  In fact 4-2-4  come on dcfc fans noise and belief is what we need.  Well 3 or 4 goals as well.

4 minutes ago, SWRam said:

2nd goal was unfortunate but they were attacking which is why it happened. Maybe we should try?

We seem to have gone back to trying to tippy tap it into the net - nobody seems to want to have a shot.

Not good, but there's 135+ minutes left in this match and, although we don't look like it at the moment, we can definitely score two goals in that time.

Where's the singing and support? Can't hear anything on the box.

Wassall has been very slow to react. We lost our way as soon as they scored the first. Our best hope of getting back into the game is to push Hughes further forward so he can unlock their defence. The rest of the team seem devoid of attacking deas so if Johnson stays on they have to swap places. Should have happened well before the second goal.

As for Johnson, he's been out for a decent amount of time and is struggling with his fitness today. His touch is the worst in our team at the best of times and today the ball is bouncing many yards off him, I think because he isn't match fit.

One bugbear. Early on we had a brilliant fortuitous attacking position with the freekick on the corner of the box (I'd say Ince dived). For years we've seen the chaos caused by teamscurling the ball at pace just inside the far post while the slightest touch could send it into the other corner, leaving the keeper guessing. Why on earth would Ince take an outswinger? Any right footer would have been a better option.

Next goal so important. Support incredibly important from those at the ground. Getting Hughes into a more attacking position our best hope.

Archived