Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Moist One said:

So you're telling me this stats he isn't?  Hahaha stuff the stats and I use my eyes to see the games! KEOGH IS OUR BEST CB SO FAR THIS SEASON FACT.  Carry on bashing him and you'll still look right numpty anyway. 

5 minutes ago, DEL said:

So you're telling me this stats he isn't?  Hahaha stuff the stats and I use my eyes to see the games! KEOGH IS OUR BEST CB SO FAR THIS SEASON FACT.  Carry on bashing him and you'll still look right numpty anyway. 

So now you are slagging Davies off in defense of Keogh. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

So now you are slagging Davies off in defense of Keogh. 

Or I'm actually speaking the truths something that you don't like. 

P.S I'm also a fan of Davies but Keogh is our BEST CB so far this season. 

Keogh's been playing well this year, but every so often has moments where he barely looks like a footballer. Two of them came on Saturday when getting completely bamboozled for the penalty and even worse, the final goal, where he either got his angles hopelessly wrong or he gambled on the lad cutting inside, which he didn't. Either way, both very poor, though I feel for him regarding the peno as the City player just tied him up in knots.

He's a decent enough Championship defender and should be appreciated. He gets in blocks, tackles and stops the opposition scoring plenty of times. Equally he can play like he played on Saturday. Personally I think we should seek to replace and improve if we can because over the course of a season, he isn't consistently good enough. But I guess you can say that about every single player apart from Carson.

12 hours ago, DEL said:

Surprise surprise you pipe up since 27th August. Keogh is our BEST CB so far this season and that is a MASSIVE FACT. 

5 hours ago, Moist One said:

that's like saying Syphillis is a better disease than AIDS

Not sure l agree. You are only a bit fact if you have Syphillis. You are massively fact if you have AIDS.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Keogh's been playing well this year, but every so often has moments where he barely looks like a footballer. Two of them came on Saturday when getting completely bamboozled for the penalty and even worse, the final goal, where he either got his angles hopelessly wrong or he gambled on the lad cutting inside, which he didn't. Either way, both very poor, though I feel for him regarding the peno as the City player just tied him up in knots.

He's a decent enough Championship defender and should be appreciated. He gets in blocks, tackles and stops the opposition scoring plenty of times. Equally he can play like he played on Saturday. Personally I think we should seek to replace and improve if we can because over the course of a season, he isn't consistently good enough. But I guess you can say that about every single player apart from Carson.

I challenge you to find any player that doesn't have such moments from time to time. I'm certain Keogh doesn't. Make any more mistakes than most players. Sadly, in some supporters eyes, he's still paying for that one high profile at Wembley. Can't we just get over it. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I challenge you to find any player that doesn't have such moments from time to time. I'm certain Keogh doesn't. Make any more mistakes than most players. Sadly, in some supporters eyes, he's still paying for that one high profile at Wembley. Can't we just get over it. 

Some are still cut up about Paul Williams' missed header from 94 Wembley final

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'd agree with your first point, but this has nothing to do with Wembley, which was just one of those unfortunate things right at the end of the game. Continually bringing that up polarises the argument as a black or white situation, which it isn't.

It's not about making mistakes as such, it's about how good a player you are. Quality of player is a lot more than just about mistakes. He's proven himself to be good enough for a top 6 side, so fine. I'd like to build a side that looks at top 2, and I don't think that's him. Nor a few others.

I was at the game on Saturday. I thought Keogh had a reasonably good first half when we were often under the cosh and he was covering for other players who had 'gone missing' - I remember him coming over almost to the left back position on one occasion and putting in a terrific tackle when Olsson was half way up the field (as usual). Some of his headers (under pressure) were a bit wayward.

Second half we continued to be under the cosh as the manager chose to do nothing about the way we were being over-run at times and Keogh had his poorest half this season. He was poor. He wasn't the only one.

Up to Saturday I feel he has been outstanding this season but one poor half is all it takes for the usual suspects to be back on his case.

Archived