Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This was the first week that Davies has been better than Keogh. 

I guess Russell must not be playing.

Which CB since Keogh signed has been better than Keogh?

Bucko was pretty decent and was better for about a season. Other than that, no one has been better IMO.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Should be dropped next game imo, needs some time out, almost seems a little panicky which I wouldn't expect.

Isn't that what happens though? We sign a decent left sided centre half with promotion, PL experience, and then suddenly, they turn to donkey? Shackell, Pearce, Davies. One could even suggest Albentosa had pedigree, and is currently playing in La Liga. 

How long until we find another to replace Davies, and the cycle begins again...

49 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

It makes you wonder how he's managed to play 453 league games and 35times for his country All the experts on here know more about him than Clough McLaren Pearson Clement Wassall Rowett and O'Neil who all pick him He's won player of the year 4times at his last3clubs Of course he's got a mistake in him every Championship player has that's why there not in the Prem  Carson cost us points at Sheff U should he be dropped  I'm not a biased Keogh fan doesn't really bother me who plays just put things into suspective 

There weren't so many experts on here after he'd played so well against Preston (Davies looked shaky by the way) and Hull when he made a couple of great tackles to save them getting in behind.

I would've changed the captaincy btw just to freshen up the dressing room, maybe 

Johnson could be a leader.

9 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Isn't that what happens though? We sign a decent left sided centre half with promotion, PL experience, and then suddenly, they turn to donkey? Shackell, Pearce, Davies. One could even suggest Albentosa had pedigree, and is currently playing in La Liga. 

How long until we find another to replace Davies, and the cycle begins again...

Didn't Pearce play right side centre back at Reading, as did Albentosa in Spain? They were bought in as competition for Keogh and failed to improve on him. 

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Didn't Pearce play right side centre back at Reading, as did Albentosa in Spain? They were bought in as competition for Keogh and failed to improve on him. 

Because we are obsessed with playing out, rather than defend first. Which I guess is why we can win 5-0 and lose 4-1 in a week. 

42 minutes ago, Moist One said:

was that Carlisle and Coventry? lower league team and a relegated to lower league team?

See this is exactly the problem, he's a top 8 defender in a position where we need a top 2 defender.

Wes Morgan literally won the Premier League

Just now, TroyDyer said:

Because we are obsessed with playing out, rather than defend first. Which I guess is why we can win 5-0 and lose 4-1 in a week. 

Rowett said similar after the match, we seem to turn up to away games and think we can just pass it about and win. Where has that mentality come from? I am surprised Keogh is still captain.

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Surely you can't say that Nigel Pearson and Gary Rowett are obsessed with playing it out? They are pragmatic managers who put results over aesthetics (or so we are led to believe). Why did they not get rid of Keogh or drop him if he is as bad as you say?

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Surely you can't say that Nigel Pearson and Gary Rowett are obsessed with playing it out? They are pragmatic managers who put results over aesthetics (or so we are led to believe). Why did they not get rid of Keogh or drop him if he is as bad as you say?

Their biggest mistakes 

7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I wouldn't say we do anymore. We try and work it to Huddlestone and go long if we can't. 

Which would be the argument for cashing in on Keogh and signing a better defender. 

The arguement for him starting currently is that we supposedly want a high-line and need his pace. 

Perhaps Shackell and Pearce away from home when were being pegged back anyway? 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You mean GR couldn't see Keoghs faults last season and on video. And then this season makes him

Which to me is the worrying thing, unless other reasons were at play (I'm more c***-up over conspiracy, so I haven't a clue about reasons lol!)

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

When has football ever worked like that?

John Terry has win the Champions League. 

100% this.

Jack Rodwell has a premier league winners medal. The other week in the under 23's Thorne & Elsnik looked a million times greater, and controlled the game, Rodwell barely touched the ball.

Archived